The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Courtier

(my opinion only)...I think CP Victoria is in a rather difficult "holding" pattern. Her family and her countrymen do not seem overly thrilled with her choice of Daniel, and she has been brought up to always do what is best for her family and country, now this choice of hers might be weighing on her, but I also think she can be rather stubborn when she does make up her mind.
In other words she is being pulled in two directions (inside her mind)

Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Courtier

I don't follow the Swedish royals enough to offer a very informed opinion on whether or not Victoria is boring, however, I do see everyone's points about the ponytail and the fact that, while she's not unattractive, she's not as beautiful as Mary, Letizia, etc.

I'm curious, though, whether these sorts of "is she too boring" questions were raised about Crown Princess Margrethe in the 1960s? In old photos I've seen, she always has her hair pinned up and I don't think she was ever a stunning beauty--I think Victoria is prettier than Margrethe ever was. However, I've always had the impression that Margrethe has been very popular her whole life. Were people criticizing her in the same way people are criticizing Victoria? And if not, why not? Of course, by the time she was Victoria's age, she was married with children, which I think does make a difference, but there still would have been a significant amount of time in her early 20's when she would have been in Victoria's situation.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Courtier

I have been thinking about this for a while. I'm nowhere near Sweden so I'm not sure about the media coverage there. For what I've seen she doesn't recieve as much press coverage as the other Crown Princesses. But as it had been said before, she is the heir.

And I stopped to wonder if she recieves the same coverage than her fellow monarchs to be. I don't see her as much as Felipe, Charles or Willem but I do see her much than I see Hakoon. So I came to the conclusion that she is in between.

IMO and of course I'm no royal expert or anything like that, she has the chance to be unique yet she is reluctant to do it. She is not living the Cinderella story, she is not the Diana of the new millenium. She is the heir, but she refuses to shine as it. The *girl disguise* suits her well, but at 32 she is not a girl anymore. She should look every inch a heir, not hide behind glasses and pony tails, cause we know she can... just look at that portait in the royal family's website or the picture from vogue. That would be a start

Personality wise... she strikes me as many you have said, daddy's little girl. Re-reading the thread, I have seen that she gives the impression of warm and nice, but again not an heir. Also... I don't think she is very active either. Don't take me wrong, I like her

About the Daniel situation... well that is more of this girlish behaivor of her,it is in her hands to solve it, and she is not the first heir of these days to date a not so good choice, look at Felipe or Hakoon and how well it has turned to them.Of course they took risks. Victoria doesn't.

Finally answering the thread's question. Yes I found her boring, but I don't think she should be, she has everything to be great. An appealing look, a unique position in the world and a natural warmth.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Aristocracy

Is Victoria boring?YES
Old 02-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Nobility

avrilo, I couldn't agree more! I do think she is bouring, but I gress that is just who she is.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Well folks I guess we just got our answer. Is Victoria Boring? NO she has been preoccupied. I can't imagine how difficult it has been for her to know she is getting engaged, know she is getting married, and not be able to share it with anyone, or let on to anyone by a loving look or gesture that her life is to change.

Worse, I think that in every public engagement she has been mentally "seeing" Daniel with her, imagining how it will be to have someone with her in the spotlight. Wondering how it will feel to finally have someone of her own to share the load, and probably worrying about how everyone is going to take the news because, like Kate Middleton to Prince William, Daniel is lauded in some places and loathed in others.

Anyway it is going to be a great year in the run up to the wedding!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well folks I guess we just got our answer. Is Victoria Boring? NO she has been preoccupied. I can't imagine how difficult it has been for her to know she is getting engaged, know she is getting married, and not be able to share it with anyone, or let on to anyone by a loving look or gesture that her life is to change.

Worse, I think that in every public engagement she has been mentally "seeing" Daniel with her, imagining how it will be to have someone with her in the spotlight. Wondering how it will feel to finally have someone of her own to share the load, and probably worrying about how everyone is going to take the news because, like Kate Middleton to Prince William, Daniel is lauded in some places and loathed in others.

Anyway it is going to be a great year in the run up to the wedding!
I completely agree with you Marg. I think now that Victoria will be discussed more here and in the media the perspective that she is somehow boring will diminish and we will find she is far from being a boring person. Oddly, I do find myself thinking what a relief it will be to hear more about Victoria than say Maxima or Mary for a change as that does become boring sometimes!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Commoner

Serious obligation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
How is it, that princesses like Letizia or Mary get so much more attention, while Victoria, as future heir, is getting so little on this board. As it seems one can quarrel about Mary&Letizia&Maxima for hours, while the comments on Victoria seems to be "She looks nice"..."She is doing a great job"...but as it seems not many wanna deal with her in a deeper way.
Just my feeling? If not, why is that so?
:-(lol)

Future Queen Victoria does not have the freedom we have as her duties are historic and relevant to the future of a Kingdom that has been around a very long time.

Her responsibilities are immense. Such a responsibility must be taken seriously.

So she is not boring just mature in her obligation to her family.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I think our perception of Victoria has been coloured by the seemingly childlike little girl/dutiful daughter versus elegant Victoria, the woman on Daniel's arm. I think we have all just gotten into a rut of the more things (years?) change, the more they stayed the same.

Yesterday we all got to move on, for better or worse, seeing Victoria as her own woman. And that woman is engaged to and will marry Daniel, her future Consort.

Heady stuff indeed!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Commoner

Just a thought away

Princess Victoria's family will always be just a thought away.

Once 2011 has passed we can get back to building happiness via innovative and peaceful thoughts that enhance peace.

Scandinavians have shared much to build a good world with many kind people. Perhaps one of many reasons Daniel has chosen Princess Victoria for his bride. In marriage we all trade some of our freedom this is a choice meant to be pleasant ... bliss.

War brings out the worst in mankind and causes losses far beyond measure. War is a consequence peace is a choice.

Encourage peace and discourage war is a good choice.

Peace,
Old 03-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Commoner

Honestly, I don't find her boring. She's a very sweet one and I love her being a private person. She may not be considered a star who drowns headlines everyday as what others do. She's a remarkable person in her own way after all.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think she is.I like that she is her own person and stays out of trouble.