The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Nobility

Just the simple fact that she is the heir to the throne is quite restraining for her. She just can't see what she thinks out loud. Therefore she will have "prefabricated" anwers for some questions and yes, that may sound boring. Plus the fact that she has to live with a drop dead gorgeous sister AND brother doesn't make live any easier. But Victoria boring?? No, she is someone I would love to have as a friend, in contrast to almost all the other cp's.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe, as a future queen, she finds herself limited to ACT and SPEAK boring, so that any subject is offended and the crown do not get any criticisms because of her precisely, the heir. Given the fact that she is the heir, the swedish crown might look for a suitable husband for her, because that boyfriend does not seem to me like a sound election. In the other hand, CP
Victoria would look much better with a chin job. Everybody in this world, from middle class up, are having these small improvements, why not her that is a photograph objective so often? Just guessing.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

If everyone one ran around getting little "improvements" people would all start to look alike. Just because someone doesn't have the look of a 'classic beauty' doesn't need they need to go under a knife to look better. Everyone one has little imperfections, but shes not a movie star or a model who needs to depend on her looks being perfect in order to be validated. She is meant to be a role model/representative, and what message woudl that send to the youth? If you don't look like a model runway you should have what ever it is corrected? I have to agree with Barbie sister thing going on.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Victoria isn't boring. I would like to read and see more information about her. In my lovely country people know only Windsors. That's unfair.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

i doubt she is boring. she just has to do much more serious activities than the rest of the princesses. after all, she will be the queen, while the other crown princesses will be merely consorts. on that light, it's not surprising that the events she attends require a higher degree of maturity and discretion.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I still can not figure out what Crown Princess Victoria or Crown Princess Mathilde should do in order to avoid being labelled as "boring".
Simply cause a couple of scandals...........
Old 12-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Nobility

I think Victoria's lovely. Plastic surgery of any sort is the last thing she needs.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Nobility

She is pretty for me.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness

I think, She is ripe, to claim responsibility and pretty lady.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

Is Victoria boring? Not at all. She is just smart, very educated, cultured young woman. She seems polite and really sweet. IMO it all makes her exceptional not boring.:)

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

She reminds me of Princess Elizabeth before she became Queen Elizabeth II. She is dignified, elegant, beautiful, and a testament to her family and her country. She and Madeline are the new Elizabeth and Margaret.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Courtier

I don't think she's boring it's just that people are more inclined to talk about commoner CPss who were married into royalty. The Cinderella story can be the main factor. Actually, if you think about it the reason why Mary, Letizia, MM and Maxima get a lot of coverage was that girls either want to be in their position or they want to know their everyday activities because they are intrigue by their sudden rise into glamour status. Personally, their rise to royalty is very interesting. If the trend before (i.e. cousins marrying or royal-royal marriage) is still being practiced, I doubt this will be as interesting as the commoner-royal marriage. Of course, I still dream of the royal-royal marriage since most European kingdoms have commoner CPss. I like traditions but I don't think it will ever happen again considering that there's really no law today that inhibits the heir to marry a commoner or if there is we wouldn't have the Mary, Letizia, MM and Maxima that we love to talk about.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Courtier

No I don't think Victoria is boring she is a very nice person in my opinion she takes her role as future queen very seriously.
She is not as fashionable or glamourous as the other commoner born turned crown princesses by marriage but here are-
some things that take up for that like the sense of duty,diginty,being regal,her beautiful smile, and last by not least her nice
personality.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Gentry

No, I don't think she is boring, but I think it is good for the monarch. Being "boring" makes it so there aren't any scandals and people/swedes aren't resentful. I think of interesting scandalous royals and I think of the Windsors and how the British really see no need for a monarch. Nonetheless that gives no excuse for the Monarch to be so disorganized and not announce events.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think she is boring, not at all. I think she's lovely, poised, talented, naturally dignified, with a keen sense of duty, and has an unassuming charm and regal propriety without being stuffy. She is good at what she does, and any "boring" is what makes her the perfect candidate for future queen. She is royal, not a celebrity, and she seems to understand the implication of this.

I think it's--as others have suggested--the difference between being born royal and commoner being transformed into a princess through marriage.

Fashion-wise, she may lack the flair of other crown princesses, but when it all boils down to it, one's wardrobe (provided it is appropriate ) isn't that important.

Personally, I find that her strengths and 'weaknesses' combined make her all the more endearing.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

i find crown princess victoria very natural, very down-to-earth and very sweet, i also think that she is a very warm person with the people and with other royals such as crown princes felipe, haakon and frederik etc...etc...etc...i am sure that she is going to be a very popular and a very loveable queen when her time comes...So it is a big N-O (NO) to those who think that she is boring.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think her parents have a lot to be proud of she seems to me a most appropiate young woman for the job. I have liked her for a long time and even the relationship she is in seems low key and without drama NO she is not boring this is a very charming young woman. IMO
Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
. . . . I think of interesting scandalous royals and I think of the Windsors and how the British really see no need for a monarch.
Pardon? Did I miss a major Referendum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
Nonetheless that gives no excuse for the Monarch to be so disorganized and not announce events.
Who? King Carl Gustaf or Queen Elizabeth?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Nobility

She is a future monarch, not a future consort like the Crown Princess of Denmark, and as such her greatest responsibility is not her clothes. The pony-tale, suits and glasses represent her personality: shy, but serious. The fact that she sticks to her own simple style and pays more attention to her duties as heiress than to fashion only confirms that she will be a great monarch. I think that's more important than being a fashion icon.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post
She is a future monarch, not a future consort like the Crown Princess of Denmark, and as such her greatest responsibility is not her clothes. The pony-tale, suits and glasses represent her personality: shy, but serious. The fact that she sticks to her own simple style and pays more attention to her duties as heiress than to fashion only confirms that she will be a great monarch. I think that's more important than being a fashion icon.
I agree. Plus, she's likely to be in the public eye for the rest of her life -- with the longevity of the Bernadottes, that could be another 70 years! She needs to cultivate an image that will be durable for decades, not something that it going to end up changing all the time to keep up with current fashions and trends.

Think about Queen Elizabeth. She's never been considered a major fashion plate, but she always looks exactly right for her role and image. Some of her outfits have been more or less successful, but when you consider that she's been in the public eye for more than 80 years and you almost never hear anyone says she's dressed inappropriately, you have to say that her look works for her.