The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Gentry

How to Make Daniel into a Prince

I've read a few tidbits here and there that Daniel was put into some kind of rigorous training recently to improve his acceptability as a future consort. After searching the forum I can't locate precisely what that entailed. So does anybody know the details of what went into this training period, what he was taught, what he had to give up, etc... Thanks!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Oh this is brilliant question! It would be interesting to know what Daniel's training has been or more likely what it's going to be over the next year or so before the wedding! Personally, I suspect he has a fair idea of some of the various protocols which he will have picked up over the last few years. I think that his training will depend very much on what kind of role the palace sees for him and whether he will take up charitable interests. Anyone else have any thoughts on this question?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Courtier

I did read (some where) that he was "trying" to learn English
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess, what he could expect would be some studies on geography. Might be, that Victoria had answered it a bit too fast for him, but to say nothing on the question, what he would know about Västergötland was a bit embarrassing

I´ve often read, that he got lessons in English...but there is nothing indicating, that it really was the case. But it surely will be an important part of his "school"
Unlike Letizia he can´t be "silent" really. If he wanna get engaged in "business", as he had suggested it, English would be very important. And so many Swedes are really good in English. The husband of the future Queen, can´t be worse than them...

I don´t think he did spend much time on his "prince school" yet. And all the help, he got with PR, he had self paid and chosen...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I would imagine that he is probably being taught the history of the SRF, as well as Sweden's diplomatic relations throughout history.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

Whatever training it is he needs to commit to it a 100 percent because there will be a lot depending on the outcome
Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Courtier

I don't think he would need much in order to fulfill his role as a Prince. Maybe some history lessons on the family he is marrying into, about other places in the country. English lessons if he is not proficient in it.
I think mostly they would need to focus on protocal, and manners. Especially in dealing in state functions. I also think they will need to "polish" his appearance. (starting with gettting rid of those hideaous black framed glasses he always wore.)
But this is just my opinion. He may need more than people of the general public know about or he may need less. But they should definately get him to toss out those glasses!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
I also think they will need to "polish" his appearance. (starting with gettting rid of those hideaous black framed glasses he always wore.)
But this is just my opinion. He may need more than people of the general public know about or he may need less. But they should definately get him to toss out those glasses!
Well Daniel didn´t wear the glasses at the engagementintervjue, and imo the result wasn´t really good... I think that he should from now on wear those glasses in most his apperances (maybe not the wedding..)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

He will absolutely have to speak English heavens above that goes without saying surely. Though I am not a huge fan of his never have been I hope what ever they do with him and there is work to be done that he embraces it and does not let this lovely girl down.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

I think that he's doing a great job so far. He's obviously a little bit camera shy, but other than that, he's doing well. He needs to study English and learn about all the usual royal customs of other countries for foreign visits. I think the glasses makes him look better, but he looked good at the press conferences. There's no need for him to get like plastic surgery or anything! I think he looked "polished" enough at the press conference and the royal family's official announcement video. Just keep it up!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Commoner

Good thoughts and good memories.

That is a good start.

Peace,
Old 03-10-2009, 05:30 AM
knoepfchen1988

To many people think that Daniel is a dumb person. But I think he don't needs to learn that much.
He went to school like everyone in Sweden and so it isn't possible that he is uneducated. Victoria is an intelligent person an I don't think that she would love somebody who is uneducated.
In a relationship it is important that both have the same level of intelligence so I think that Daniel is intelligent enough. He couldn't administrate his own enterprise when he was so dumb as everyone think he is.
I don't like it that many people plant him dumb and ingorant.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Gentry

I think Daniel is just fine and the most important thing is he makes Victoria happy!! You could see how she was beaming at their engagement announcement. I think he looks handsome with the glasses on and with the glasses off. He can't be dumb either to run his own business....... Jmho
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM

I read that Daniel will be known as Prince Daniel and Duke of Vastergotland. Since he will take his wife's princely/ducal title, Will Daniel also have the HKH status?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I read that Daniel will be known as Prince Daniel and Duke of Vastergotland. Since he will take his wife's princely/ducal title, Will Daniel also have the HKH status?
Of course he will! He is the future prince consort, father of a future king/queen. I think he has to learn english, maybe spanish, and study about politic, monarchy, history and geography. He is very carismatic, I guess he'll be a good prince.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Nobility

Why Spanish? I would think if he had to learn another language besides Swedish and English it would be French or German.

I also think Daniel's an intellegent man. It takes a special person to start and run their own business. If he can run a business successfully, I don't see him having trouble helping Victoria 'run' a country.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Nobility

Since I'm from America, spanish has a great prince here. That's why I said spanish. But maybe French or German, I don't know, but english is extremelly necessary.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
Of course he will! He is the future prince consort, father of a future king/queen. I think he has to learn english, maybe spanish, and study about politic, monarchy, history and geography. He is very carismatic, I guess he'll be a good prince.
Thanks! Yeah, he will have to learn the history of the Swedish monarchy especially, the constitution, definitely geography etc. I saw on youtube (or somewhere) someone said that Daniel kind of made a gaffe in replying to a question about what he knew about Vastergotland. I guess he didn't know too much about it? I
don't know, I watched the interview but only saw it in Swedish which I don't understand. He seems nice to Victoria. He seems very shy, but of course who wouldn't come across as shy under such a spotlight?!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Commoner

Include this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
That is a good start.

Peace,
Without thought and memory there would be no history. Nothing.

Building together peacefully does not require marriage just understanding. The heart and mind can be separate in love. Family is still family marriage does not change this.

Any thoughts?

Peace,

E-T
Old 02-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Majesty

i think daniel is doing very good, i would like to see him at more events by him self but i say he is dooing a good job

Tags
prince daniel