The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Nobility

I wonder if they might chose Princess Mabel as a show of solidarity in this difficult time.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I wonder if they might chose Princess Mabel as a show of solidarity in this difficult time.
That's a very nice idea, but I doubt it... honestly, traveling to Sweden to take part in a high profile event is probably not in the cards for her right now.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Royal Highness

I going to guess Crown Princess Mary will probably be a Godmother. Does Daniel havve any sisters?

Disregarding what's been going on with Prince Friso, I don't see Princess Mabel being chosen as a Godmother.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Daniel has one sister, Anna Westling-Söderström.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think it is extremely likely that Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and/or Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway will be among the baby's godmothers.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Courtier

When will it be announced? At the day of the christening?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima
When will it be announced? At the day of the christening?
We don't know. They haven't said anything about that. Bertil Ternert said yesterday that they have already begun to plan for the christening of Princess Estelle and they will release details "along the way".
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Courtier

I think the godparents will be:

Crownprincess Mary of Denmark
Crownprince Haakon of Norway
Prince Wilhelm-Alexander the prince of Orange
Prince Carl-Philip
Anna Westling
(and if they choose one more prince Felipe of asturas)
Old 02-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

Despite what others may think, I still feel it's a good possibility Crown Princess Mary will be a godmother. Perhaps, Crown Prince Frederik as well. I imagine either Prince Carl Philip or Princess Madeleine will be chosen, if not both; although they might save one for their next child.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

I go for:
Prince Carl philip
Anna westling
Crownprincess Mette_ marit
Crownprince Fredrick
Prince of Orange
MAYbe Prince of Asturias or Princess Laurentian.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma View Post
I go for:
Prince Carl philip
Anna westling
Crownprincess Mette_ marit
Crownprince Fredrick
Prince of Orange
MAYbe Prince of Asturias or Princess Laurentian.
This is the future Queen of Sweden so I doubt any foreign royals not next in line as regents.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Hmmm, Estelle is a heir to the throne, so I think their will be a real heirs and no spouses of heirs among her godparents for sure. My guess:

CP Frederik
CP Haakon
CP Willem Alexander
P Carl Philip
Anna Westling-Söderstrom
One of Victorias best friends

I'm not sure anymore that Mary will be one of the godmothers, because she is not a real heir. Maybe they gave their daughter the name Mary to honor CP Mary (as a very good friend) even if they couldn't give her the big honor of being a godmother of her first child because they had to forgo her with their daughter in some way for her husband who is the real heir and not just a tag-along like her. Do you know what I mean? I don't know how to explain it better. But this is what's going on in my head for a few days now.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

I would guess that Victoria and Daniel will follow the pattern from the choice of godparents of Victoria and her siblings, two royals and two family members/two males and two females. As there are no other female royal heirs than Victoria today, the most logical choice for a female royal would be Mary of Denmark, especially as the little princess have got the name Mary; as the king, Victoria and Carl Philip has the name of one of their godparents among their given names.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I going to guess Crown Princess Mary will probably be a Godmother. Does Daniel havve any sisters?

Disregarding what's been going on with Prince Friso, I don't see Princess Mabel being chosen as a Godmother.
I have to say, given Friso's accident I don't see any members of the Dutch royal family being godparents. I'm sure that people are being asked or were asked in the last week to be godparents. I just don't see Victoria or Daniel asking any of the Dutch Royals to take on such a commitment (at the very least they'd have to make time to travel to the christening) during such an uncertain time for them.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

What is the traditional timeframe in the SRF between birth and christening/baptism? Is it months like Denmark or a few weeks?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Victoria was christened two and a half months after she was born; Carl Philip three and a half months after he was born; and Madeleine two and a half months after she was born.

I'm guessing a christening sometime around April-May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I have to say, given Friso's accident I don't see any members of the Dutch royal family being godparents. I'm sure that people are being asked or were asked in the last week to be godparents. I just don't see Victoria or Daniel asking any of the Dutch Royals to take on such a commitment (at the very least they'd have to make time to travel to the christening) during such an uncertain time for them.
Godparents do not necessarily have to be present at the christening - Prince Frederik and Prince Felipe were not present at Princess Ingrid Alexandra's christening, Prince Felipe was not present at Prince Vincent's christening. I would guess that a Dutch royal (likely Prince Willem-Alexander) will be one of Estelle's godparents - following the tradition between the Swedish and Dutch RFs.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Nobility

Godpartents
Haakon
Frederick
Queen Beatrix (she doesnt have to be present at the ceremony)
Daniel's sister
Victoria's best friend
Madeleine
Old 02-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Nobility

maybe CP Letizia???
Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Godpartents
Queen Beatrix (she doesnt have to be present at the ceremony)
As queen Beatrix is Victoria's godmother I doubt she will be chosen as Estelle's godmother, but perhaps Willem-Alexander will be a godfather.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Godparents do not necessarily have to be present at the christening - Prince Frederik and Prince Felipe were not present at Princess Ingrid Alexandra's christening, Prince Felipe was not present at Prince Vincent's christening. I would guess that a Dutch royal (likely Prince Willem-Alexander) will be one of Estelle's godparents - following the tradition between the Swedish and Dutch RFs.
Which again highlights the complete stupidity of picking royals for godparents just for the sake of it. I mean, does anyone know if Prince Felipe has even met Prince Vincent, more than a year after the child was born?

Closed Thread

Tags
godparents