The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder if "Mary" being part of the Estelle's full name is an indication that Mary of Denmark will be a godparent. My original bet I believe was Madeleine & Frederik, but maybe there is a different scenario.
I was always quite sure that Haakon and Frederik will be chosen. The Norwegians had Frederik and Victoria for the firstborn, the Danes Haakon and Victoria (and Mette-Marit). But after the rather unusual name-choice perhaps there will also be an unusual godparents-choice? On the other hand it could also be that the name was chosen as a sort of "compensation" for NOT being chosen as a godmother.

I think Daniel's sister and Victoria's brother will most likely be godparents.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, the Cambridges or Monaco princely couple are unlikely to become godparents, though it would be a nice idea.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Nobility

Going by the new princess' name, I'd say Crown Princess Mary and Daniel's sister Anna are the godmothers, while Carl Philip and a male family friend are the godfathers.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe for Her Royal Highness Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Duchess of Östergötland as godparents Victoria and Daniel will choose crown princess Mary of Denmark and queen Silvia and the other two will consist of daniel's family.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Shouldnt the title reead: Godparents for Princess Estelle other than Crown Prince Mary of Denmark? I think its safe to assume that she will be one of the godparents.

As for the others: One from Daniels side atleast, atleast one more royal, friends of the couple that are not royals.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Nobility

Because little Estelle is in direct line to be queen regnant, I think the list of her godparents will include at least 2 others in direct line for king or queen regnant. Haakon and Willam-Alexander perhaps
Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Who do you mean by WG?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
So, the Cambridges or Monaco princely couple are unlikely to become godparents, though it would be a nice idea.
The Cambridges are very unlikely, I don't think they met more then once, and that was their wedding were they talked for maybe 10 seconds and I'm already stretching that out.

With their choice of the name, I'm willing to belive that maybe there will be also a bit not so traditional choice of the number of godparents, well at least in the previous generation. I'd say both Haakon & Frederik with wifes, Anna Westling Söderström and Prince Carl Philip.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Who do you mean by WG?
oops - my type - i've fixed it to Willam Alexander (I meant to type WA)
Old 02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

I would guess:
Crown Prince Haakon and/or Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
Crown Prince Fredrik and/or Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Prince Carl Philip/Princess Madeleine
Anna Westling
Old 02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Courtier

I'm guessing:

Frederik and Mary of Denmark
Haakon of Norway
Carl Philip
Anna Westling
Perhaps Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands
perhaps a friend of the couple
Old 02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Nobility

and princess letizia is posible??
Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
and princess letizia is posible??
Not sure how close the Swedish and Spanish Royals are, so I'd say it's unlikely. Though Prince Felipe is a godfather of Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, I believe.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Nobility

and prince felipe is goodfather of the twins prince of denmark..have photos of felipe and ingrid???
Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just don't understand why some European royals find it appropriate to name other royals that they might see once a year, twice at most, as godparents to their children. I mean, why not give the honour to friends and family that you actually see on a regular basis and don't live hundreds of miles away?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei View Post
Godparents:
Crown Prince Haakon
Crown Princess Mary
Prince Carl Philip
Anna Westling Söderström
This is the list I am going with too.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Article in Expressen speculates about the christening.
Google Translate
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Nobility

The christening will likely be in 2 or 3 months and likely be held in the Royal Palace Church (or if they want more guests than 450 it will likely be held in the cathedral). My guess for godparents to Princess Estelle are
1. The Crown Prince of Norway
2. The Crown Princess of Denmark
3. The Prince of Orange
4. Prince Carl Philip
5. Anna Westling Söderström
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard
The christening will likely be in 2 or 3 months and likely be held in the Royal Palace Church (or if they want more guests than 450 it will likely be held in the cathedral). My guess for godparents to Princess Estelle are
1. The Crown Prince of Norway
2. The Crown Princess of Denmark
3. The Prince of Orange
4. Prince Carl Philip
5. Anna Westling Söderström
Very good guesses and I would've pretty much suggested the same. If (which is probable) Mary is chosen this time, do you think Frederik will be asked the next time..? I know Victoria and Daniel are close friends with all of the Crown prince couples.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina

Very good guesses and I would've pretty much suggested the same. If (which is probable) Mary is chosen this time, do you think Frederik will be asked the next time..? I know Victoria and Daniel are close friends with all of the Crown prince couples.
I'm sure Frederik will be asked later if he isn't asked now. Same with Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway and Prince Nicholaos of Greece. There is also a possibility that they might ask both Haakon and Mette-Marit as well as Frederik and Mary. The King had both Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Ingrid of Denmark as well as the swedish Crown Prince couple Gustaf Adolf and Louise as godparents.

Tags
godparents