The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Courtier

I'm thinking:

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Anna Westling
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

The last one is in my book a tie between Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands. So, maybe both.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I never liked the idea of having your siblings be godparents. It would be silly if Carl Philip and Madeleine are the godparents IMO.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I never liked the idea of having your siblings be godparents. It would be silly if Carl Philip and Madeleine are the godparents IMO.
Princess Désirée is one of Victoria's godmother's so it's likely that either CP or Madeleine will be godparents of the baby. And you know, in my country it's common to have siblings as godparents of your children, I think we're all silly then.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Princess Désirée is one of Victoria's godmother's so it's likely that either CP or Madeleine will be godparents of the baby. And you know, in my country it's common to have siblings as godparents of your children, I think we're all silly then.
It´s common to have siblings as godparents in Finland too.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva
It's common in my country too...I've just personally always thought that was silly. Just my personal POVThanks for the info.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Commoner

in my "world" sisters always would ask their sister to be godparent.
so my bet.;
1. princess madelain
2.CP Federik of DK
3.one of daniels relatives (sister)
4, Cousin of Victoria
5. a friend of prince D and princess V.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Courtier

I think:

Crownprince Haakon
Crownprince Fredrik
Crownprincess Maxima
Anna Westling
Prince Carl-Philip/or Princess Madeleine
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

My guess: CP Haakon, CP Frederick, CP Felipe, CP Phillipe, CP Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Carl-Philip, and Anna Westing.

I don't think any of the CP consorts or Princess Madeleine will be chosen as godparents until baby #2. I think because of her close friendships with the crown princes and because of her godmother roles, she'll choose all the crown princes for baby #1.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Frederik, Mary, Haakon and MM. No doubt to me.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Courtier

My guesses :

Carl Philip, Frederik, Mary, Mette-Marit and Haakon.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

hmm my guesses :
Crown Princess of Norway Mette-Marit,
Crown Prince of Netherland Willem-Alexander,
Crown Prince of Denmark Frederik,
Princess Madeleine
Daniel's sister -Anna Westing
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Gentry

I'm Thinking definitely Carl-Philip both Daniel and Victoria seem close with him as well as Fredrick and Haakon. Anna Westling, Marry and Mette-Marit as godmothers!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

I would be surprised if there were to be more than four godparents, as that was the case with Victoria and her siblings, two male and two female. My guess is one each from the Danish and Norwegian CPC and then Carl Philip and Anna Westling.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Courtier

CP Frederik
CP Haakon
The Prince of Orange
CPss Mathilde
CPss Mette-Marit
Pss Madeleine
Caroline Dinkelspiel
Anna Westling Blom

Does anyone know how long after the birth of members of the Swedish Royal Family are christened?

Also, are all the members of Swedish Royal Family christened in the chapel of the Royal Palace in Stockholm?

In Denmark, it is about three months in the current generation(i.e. all the Queen Margrethe II's grandchildren).

Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Nobility

I totally agree, I bet Prince Frederik and Princess Mary will be asked to be among the godparents, and for sure her sister Madeleine.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Courtier

Definately one of her siblings, Prince Fred and Prince Haakon maybe Mary or Mette-Merrit and a friend or two.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Prince Haakon, Princess Madeleine and a member or two from Daniels side.
Have a feeling Maxima is a runner up.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Courtier

In reality do God parents actually DO anything. As I understand it the role of a god parent is to ensure that the child has a grounding in christianity.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
You can't be godparent if you're divorced? As far as I know you only need to be a church member and confirmed.
I don't know how it is in Lutheran Church of Sweden, but in Catholic Church definitely not: more if you live in a concubinate.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Courtier

I don't think it's silly to have siblings as godparents. I believe it is a remnant of the old tradition (or was it even the law?) that in case something happens to the parents, the godparents would then raise the children.

Since this child (or children) is the future heir to the throne I believe there will be several godparents that are either Crown Princes/Princesses or Kings/Queens. Is there a tradition how many godparents the child can have?

Depending on how many godparents they can choose, I'm thinking they will choose CP Frederik & CP Mary and/or CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit. Then again they might surprise and go with someone like CP Philippe, Prince Pavlos etc. If there is room I'm sure they will choose Daniel's sister Anna and either Carl-Philip or Madeleine.

Tags
godparents