The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

That article lists my guesses actually, but I think it's kind of obvious guesses too. A sibling from both Victoria and Daniel (Prince Carl Philip and Anna Westling) and a royal (preferably one of the heirs/their wives) from Norway, the Netherlands and Denmark (CP Haakon, the Prince of Orange and, not to make it four men/one woman, CP Mary).

Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

I will be very surprised if Frederik is not a godparent. He and CP Victoria have always seemed to share a special bond I think.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish girl
I will be very surprised if Frederik is not a godparent. He and CP Victoria have always seemed to share a special bond I think.
Totally agree . If anything, it's Frederik and Mary.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Courtier

I don´t think the list is any strange at all (maybe beacuse i picked the same in my guess...), it makes perfect sence - the only thing to be a little bit uncertain about was if it would be Haakon or Fredrik who would be the godfather, beacuse Victoria would get ALOT of critics in Sweden if she would have choosen so many males, and Mary was already done when they announced the name since there is no relation to any Mary in the close history in the Swedish RF. Wilhelm-Alexander was given since it´s now has become sort of a tradition that the Dutch heir (or monarch) is one of the godparents, and one of the Scandinavian colleges was also given (both if it would have been one of each sex) and ofcourse Victorias oldest sibling and Daniels sibling, then it was no choice really - Victoria simply couldn´t choose 4 out of 5 males, that would have been a very bad move in gender sensitive Sweden. She ofcourse could have done the opposite and choosen Fredrik and Mette-Marit as godparents - but when they named the baby Mary it was all clear.

Can´t wait to follow the baptism - i´ve even taken the day off from work
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope someone will post a link to Swedish tv so we can watch on the internet.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Royal Highness

i still think and i'll bet that Estelle will have more than 4 godparents, just because her mother, uncle and aunt had 4 each doesnt mean they will continue that pattern, besides Victoria has many close relashionship with many crown princes and their wives, making it dificult to choose which one till be for her daughter, so she might choose a crown princely couple (i'll bet on Frederik and Mary, althought i also wanted Mette-Marit too, she will be not because the court of Norway didnt announce her appearence on the christening, but at least Haakon will be)
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Many in Germany are catholics, the faith of Silvias father are not as well known as his membership in a certain party. We also dont know what religion Silvia had prior to 1972
As Silvia's paternal uncle, Ernst Sommerlath, was a wellknown Lutheran priest and theolog, Ernst Sommerlath ,and took part in the wedding cermony of Silvia and Carl Gustav I doubt that Silvia's father was anything else than Lutheran. Silvia's mother on the other hand was Catholic.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I don't know about Mary but Victoria has always been close to Frederik and Haakon probably cemented over the years with shared patronages or interests such as this.

Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik, Victoria & Haakon to Svalbard archipelago in Norway for International Polar Year
Old 05-16-2012, 04:16 AM
Royal Highness

not only to Frederik and Haakon, but with Willem-Alexander too.

Victoria also has other good royal friends like Felipe of Spain, Martha-Louise and Mathilde. im sure if she has at least 2/3 more children, we'll see them all as godparents, thats why im not to worried about Estelle's, just excited.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:08 AM
Serene Highness

I notice the court has been quiet about the Aftonbladet article. The communications department is finally doing something right.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Courtier

I think Estelle will have at least 6 godparents. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same number as chosen for both Christian, Ingrid Alexandra, and Catharina-Amalia.

Frederik and Mary
Haakon
Carl Philip
Anna Westling
Willem-Alexander
Philippe or Mathilde
one of Victoria's cousins from her father's side of the family or even, perhaps, one of her royal Aunts???
Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Nothing on the Dutch Royal calendar for Willem-Alexander or Maxima on 22nd, although Maxima has events on 23rd. I don't know if they've included Royal christenings as part of the agenda in the past, though.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/agenda/agenda/pagina-1
Old 05-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Nothing on the Dutch Royal calendar for Willem-Alexander or Maxima on 22nd, although Maxima has events on 23rd. I don't know if they've included Royal christenings as part of the agenda in the past, though.
Agenda - Het Koninklijk Huis
Yes, they have. Maxima's solo attendance at Sverre Magnus' christening was listed in the agenda (you can find it in the archive). That she would be godmother was announced a few days before the christening. But of course one could guess that already.
But there is always the possibility of being godfather/godmother without attending the christening (Frederik did not attend Ingrid Alexandra's christening, Felipe neither IA's nor Vincent's christening).
Old 05-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
Yes, they have. Maxima's solo attendance at Sverre Magnus' christening was listed in the agenda (you can find it in the archive). That she would be godmother was announced a few days before the christening. But of course one could guess that already.
But there is always the possibility of being godfather/godmother without attending the christening (Frederik did not attend Ingrid Alexandra's christening, Felipe neither IA's nor Vincent's christening).
And Queen Beatrix who is a godmother to Crown Princess Victoria did not attend her christening in 1977. I would be surprised if there is no godparent from the Netherlands as they have a "tradition" at least 2 generations back. King Carl Gustaf is not a godparent to W-A but Juliana was a godmother to Carl Gustaf, Beatrix is to Victoria and Victoria is to Catarina Amalia.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

My guess,

Willem-Alexander,
Haakon,
Frederik,
one of Felipe or Pavlos or Guillaume
Madeleine,
Daniel's sister
one of Victoria's cousins and friends
Mary or Mette-Marit, maybe
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, my final guess isn't really that different from the initial one:
- Prince Carl Philip
- Anna Soderstrom (Daniel's sister)
- Crown Prince Haakon
- Crown Princess Mary
- Crown Prince Willem-Alexander
- A friend of the couple's (Andrea Brodin, Baroness Sybilla Ambler von Dincklage, or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson)
Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
Well, my final guess isn't really that different from the initial one:
- Prince Carl Philip
- Anna Soderstrom (Daniel's sister)
- Crown Prince Haakon
- Crown Princess Mary
- Crown Prince Willem-Alexander
- A friend of the couple's (Andrea Brodin, Baroness Sybilla Ambler von Dincklage, or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson)
That's the same as Aftonbladet predicts, with one addition. I also think that that's the most likely list although not sure about the friend. I hadn't thought about Sybilla before but it's possible: she's Victoria's cousin and Victoria is godmother to her daughter. I'm very excited for Tuesday!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy

Here is the link to the livestreaming of Tuesdays christening:
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play Beta This is a beta version of SVT Play, so I'm not sure if it's possible not watch it from abroad. It's said that the broadcast should be able to follow from abroad.
If it's not working try the original website:
www.svtplay.se go to "Livesändningar" at the frontpage and "Det Kungliga Dopet" to watch the broadcast.

I hope it will work!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Aristocracy

The Danish Royal Website,states that only The Royal Couple And Crown Princess Mary Will Be Travelling To Sweden For The Baptism.Therefore Maybe Mary Will Be Godmother?

Regentparret og Kronprinsparret deltager i barnedåben af H.K.H. Prinsesse Estelle i Slottskyrkan med efterfølgende reception på Stockholms Slott, Stockholm. - Kongehuset
Old 05-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe
The Danish Royal Website,states that only The Royal Couple And Crown Princess Mary Will Be Travelling To Sweden For The Baptism.Therefore Maybe Mary Will Be Godmother?

Regentparret og Kronprinsparret deltager i barnedåben af H.K.H. Prinsesse Estelle i Slottskyrkan med efterfølgende reception på Stockholms Slott, Stockholm. - Kongehuset
Or Frederik or Margrethe or Henrik, we can't really tell.

Tags
godparents