The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,702
many people here seem to exclude Prince Felipe, but as i remenber well, he is a very good friend of Victoria and they were for years a pair (not romantically) for events such as royal weddings, because they were both singles and they walked together on carpets to ceremonies, they are a very good friends, they supported each other until they found partners.
even if he is not chosen for Estelle's, i think its highly possible for him to be godfather to other children Victoria might have^^
__________________

__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #182  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 AM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,342
I would guess that her sister Princess Madelaine would be one of the godparents. Another person would be Prince Daniel's sister. Then perhaps a friend of the couples. How many godparents are there usually? In some royals households there's two and then others they are several individuals that are godparents.

It seems very odd that today a lot of people don't know who their god parents are. In my day most people knew who they were (usually they were relatives).
__________________

__________________
  #183  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I would guess that her sister Princess Madelaine would be one of the godparents. Another person would be Prince Daniel's sister. Then perhaps a friend of the couples. How many godparents are there usually? In some royals households there's two and then others they are several individuals that are godparents.
Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine have four godparents each. King Carl Gustaf has nine godparents.
__________________
  #184  
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,086
Unless Victoria and Daniel will make a surprise choice when it comes to godparents for the little princess as they did with the choice of name, my guess is crown prince Hakon of Norway, crown princess Mary of Denmark, prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Anna Westling.
__________________
  #185  
Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Unless Victoria and Daniel will make a surprise choice when it comes to godparents for the little princess as they did with the choice of name, my guess is crown prince Hakon of Norway, crown princess Mary of Denmark, prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Anna Westling.
I would be very surprised if CP Mary is a godparent. It is a future regent that is being baptized and Mary is the spouse to a Crown Prince. If anyone from the Danish royal family is should be Fredrick.
__________________
  #186  
Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
I guess Mary is considered as a possible candidate because of one of Estelle's names.
__________________
  #187  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
I guess Mary is considered as a possible candidate because of one of Estelle's names.
Yes, that's why I think Mary could be Estelle's godmother, as her grandfather, mother and uncle have as one of their names the name of one of their godparents.
Carl Gustaf Folke Hubertus - count Folke Bernadotte
Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée - princess Désirée
Carl Philip Edmund Bertil - prince Bertil

Also the fact that there are no female royal heirs except Victoria herself in her generation, had there been another female heir she would have been a natural choice. If both Hakon and Fredrik are chosen as godfathers I doubt Carl Philip will be one of Estelle's godparents, if Victoria is to follow the tradition her parents made with two males and two females as godparents for her daughter.
__________________
  #188  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Lady Felicity M's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 318
who are CP Victoria's godparents again?
__________________
  #189  
Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,843


Victoria's godparenst are King Harald V of Norway, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Princess Désirée and Ralf Sommerlath.

Carl-Philip's godparents are Prince Bertil, Prince Leopold of Bavaria, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Princess Birgitta.

Madeleine's godparents are Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Walther Sommerlath, Princess Benedikte of Denmark and Princess Christina.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #190  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Soli Deo Gloria's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: *, Sweden
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
many people here seem to exclude Prince Felipe, but as i remenber well, he is a very good friend of Victoria and they were for years a pair (not romantically) for events such as royal weddings, because they were both singles and they walked together on carpets to ceremonies, they are a very good friends, they supported each other until they found partners.
even if he is not chosen for Estelle's, i think its highly possible for him to be godfather to other children Victoria might have^^
But prince Felipe belongs to the Roman Chatolic Church? Right? And Church of Sweden is a Lutheran church. That means for sure he is out of question ...
__________________
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
  #191  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
But prince Felipe belongs to the Roman Chatolic Church? Right? And Church of Sweden is a Lutheran church. That means for sure he is out of question ...
But Prince Leopold of Bavaria is also a Roman Catholic. One of Godparents can belong to the different Church than the baby (especially if a baby has so many godparents)
__________________
  #192  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Yes, that's why I think Mary could be Estelle's godmother, as her grandfather, mother and uncle have as one of their names the name of one of their godparents.
Carl Gustaf Folke Hubertus - count Folke Bernadotte
Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée - princess Désirée
Carl Philip Edmund Bertil - prince Bertil
That's assuming Mary is really in honour of Crown Princess Mary, and not the somewhat more obvious choice - Virgin Mary.
This said, I do think either Frederik or Mary are a very likely choice for little Estelle.
  #193  
Old 05-11-2012, 05:12 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
But prince Felipe belongs to the Roman Chatolic Church? Right? And Church of Sweden is a Lutheran church. That means for sure he is out of question ...
you're total wrong. besides, prince felipe is godfather to princess ingrid of norway, prince vincent of denmark and prince constantine alexios of greece whose church is not catholic. princess victoria herself is godmother to princess eleonore who is from catholic church.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #194  
Old 05-11-2012, 05:31 AM
American Dane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
That's assuming Mary is really in honour of Crown Princess Mary, and not the somewhat more obvious choice - Virgin Mary.
This said, I do think either Frederik or Mary are a very likely choice for little Estelle.
True but, as mentioned before by others, in Sweden the Virgin Mary is usually Maria or less often Marie. Hence the suggestions that it refers to CP Mary. Though it could, also as others in this thread stated, be compensation (so to speak) for Mary not being named a godmother...
__________________
  #195  
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
True but, as mentioned before by others, in Sweden the Virgin Mary is usually Maria or less often Marie
And Protestants (who predominate in Sweden) do not believe that Mary was always a Virgin.
__________________
  #196  
Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 AM
American Dane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And Protestants (who predominate in Sweden) do not believe that Mary was always a Virgin.
How true! How could I forget that!
Also IMO it's generally a Catholic thing to include Maria in the child (boy or girl)'s name for the Virgin Mary's honour. I know very few Protestants who do that
__________________
  #197  
Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane

True but, as mentioned before by others, in Sweden the Virgin Mary is usually Maria or less often Marie. Hence the suggestions that it refers to CP Mary. Though it could, also as others in this thread stated, be compensation (so to speak) for Mary not being named a godmother...
What about Mette Marit, though? I would guess Haakon will be godfather but his wife isn't given a 'compensation' of having one of her names given to Estelle.
__________________
  #198  
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,702
is there a possibility that Estelle might have more than 4 godparents? i mean, 'cause her grandfather had 9. it isnt actually a rule that she must have 4 godparents as her mother, uncle and aunt had, or is it?
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #199  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia
is there a possibility that Estelle might have more than 4 godparents? i mean, 'cause her grandfather had 9. it isnt actually a rule that she must have 4 godparents as her mother, uncle and aunt had, or is it?
Yes, that's a possibility and I don't think there are any limits. It depends how Victoria and Daniel see it. I suppose they wouldn't want to 'use up' all potential godparents: 'save' some for the other children.
__________________
  #200  
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 992
Will the names of the godparents be announced the day of the baptism or beforehand already?
BYe Bine
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
godparents


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Smĺland; March 31-April 2, 2011 Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 28 11-28-2011 01:52 PM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Gothenburg; March 17-18, 2011 JessRulz Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 19 10-18-2011 03:28 PM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Gotland; April 15-16, 2011 JessRulz Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 16 10-08-2011 04:06 AM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to Germany; May 24-27, 2011 LadyFinn Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 53 09-26-2011 11:07 AM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Malmö; March 9-11, 2011 Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 41 08-29-2011 01:43 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]