Victoria & Daniel's Engagement Reception at the Royal Palace: April 17, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
april 17th there will be some sort of event becouse of the engagment of victoria and daniel
is it a gala event you think?

fredag 17/4 Mottagning med anledning av förlovningen mellan H.K.H. Kronprinsessan och Herr Daniel Westling, Kungliga slottet i Stockholm – Kungaparet, Kronprinsessan, Daniel Westling

april 17th there will be some sort of event becouse of the engagment of victoria and daniel
is it a gala event you think?
I thought about that too - but i wouldn´t get my hopes up as it says "mottagning" - maybe some formal congratulation-cermony from official sweden? But let´s hope it means a gala-dinner, although it would then have made more sence posting it as dinner...

It's called a reception, so no gala dinner, but probably meaning short dresses and most likely business suits as dress code.
I hope for the extended Bernadotte family to attend, as well as the Westling family, since they were absent from the official part on the actual engagement day.

I do hope to see more of the Westling family. I don't really recall seeing very much of them, aside from the day the engagement was announced. Hopefully, they will be in attendance.

So this means we will see almost all representatives of the royal families around the globe? This will be fun!

I doubt any royals apart from the Swedish ones will be attending, if not just those listed on the calender. It's only a reception, no mention of a gala dinner; so there would be no point for other royals to head over to Sweden for it.

Like previous posters said, I think this will be more a government thing.

wonder if there will be some photos.
to bad there will be no gala.

An article about the reception:
Aftonbladet/Nu möter Victoria och Daniel Sverige

Photos:
Social Democratic party leader Mona Sahlin greets Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling at the Royal Palace . Representatives of the official Sweden were invited to a reception at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Eva Hamilton, head of SVT, Swedish Television
ANP Beeldbank
Sweden's Deputy Prime Minister Maud Olofsson
ANP Beeldbank
Thomas Peterssohn, ceo of Swedish news agency TT
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Prince Carl Philip greets Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Lots of Photos:
BelgaPicture - Category details

I very much like Victorias outfit.
What a wonderful event, makes me want the wedding to come sooner :)
x

Victoria and Daniel look great!!! they seem to have a really good relationship with Carl Philip!!

Can't wait for this wedding!!

Officiell hyllning av Victoria och Daniel | SvD
During two hour reception at the Royal Palace guests paraded one by one, congratulated the engaged couple and exchanged a few words with the Royal Couple and other guests before they went on to the newly renovated Bernadotte gallery to have some bubbling.
- It was nice to visit the couple, they looked so happy out, says Lena K Samuelsson, SvD's chief editor, who was one of the guests.

Hallå där Sven Johansson... - Arbetarbladet
Sven Johansson, chief editor of Arbetarbladet, said that Daniel was gallant today, he did a very good impression. Daniel said to Johansson that it was nice that Johansson is from Gästrikland, he said it felt like home. He also said he knows Arbetarbladet well because he has it home on the kitchen table.

They seems so happy and great!!!! They are fabulous. It's me or Victoria are more glamourous and stuning since the engament

Have there been any official photographs yet of the couple w/Daniel's family?

Representatives of the official Sweden were invited to a reception at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

County Governor Goran Tunhammar greets Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling at the Royal Palace in Stockholm Friday April 17, 2009. Representatives of the official Sweden were invited to a reception at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
ANP Beeldbank

Thank you for all these above shown photos. They are charming.

Victoria looks so happy! I loved the photo of Daniel and Carl Philip hugging each other.

Victoria and Daniel looks so amazing together:) And I love Victoria`s dress....

Whenever I see them together I think they are definitely soulmates, even look similar, almost like brother and sister. The only other couple that gives me a similar impression are MM and Haakon. And if I had to make a list of future royal divorces (ok they are not even married) Victoria and Daniel would be right down at the bottom.

Looks like Daniel's "apprenticeship" as royal fiancee distracts him a great deal from his workouts. His face has become quite full recently :)

Aftonbladet - Kunglig prövning
Nina Eldh, the informationschief of the court, says that Victoria and Daniel were happy and they thought it was nice to talk with everyone who came to the reception.
Victoria's old teacher, writer Herman Lindqvist, was moved:
- It was really nice, because Daniel and Victoria really love each other. It shows from them very clearly.

Svensk Damtidning - Tredje gången gillt för Daniel och Victoria!
A beautiful heart made of flowers at the castle.

Daniel and Victoria look like a very lovely couple,they look so much in love and very happy.
i like the photos reception especially thoose with Carl Philip,tha,ks for sharing:flowers:

Aftonbladet - Kunglig prövning
Nina Eldh, the informationschief of the court, says that Victoria and Daniel were happy and they thought it was nice to talk with everyone who came to the reception.
Victoria's old teacher, writer Herman Lindqvist, was moved:
- It was really nice, because Daniel and Victoria really love each other. It shows from them very clearly.

Svensk Damtidning - Tredje gången gillt för Daniel och Victoria!
A beautiful heart made of flowers at the castle.

I love the floral heart! Gorgeous. Was it in the same room as the reception? I can't wait to see the floral designs at the wedding.

Victoria did look ever the happy soul along Daniel. Wedding the one that evokes completion from within and out and livens your everyday to fulfillment races the spirit to continuous involvement towards satisfaction. The marriage between Sweden's Crown Prince and Princess has been just that. Their journey I have followed reminds me of an attempt to harness each other in a relationship that is all inclusive and binding. These two are the best at understanding the qualities of life and how to be as ruling contributors for the sake of their people. For that I enjoy their evolvement and natural prowess as they have seemed to have stood up for their many causes (especially for Victoria) and know what to do. I look at all the Royals with a keen eye and try to discern the calling of the Creator and know his intention and know the intention of those Kingdoms. It is so beautiful to follow and to see in this instance the joy beaming from Victoria and Daniel. They have been nice to follow and seem to be accepting great love from each other. I hope they have a good wedding reception and many years together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom