Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just realized its 10 days after Valentine's Day. Why didn't they do this then? Make it more romantic!

Or, maybe Daniel did propose on V-Day.

Oh,no!I didn't mean that!Of course,this isn't a sign for this couple's future.It's just that Diana was always elegant and glamorous and Victoria today was glowing as well!!I just liked it as a coincidence.

Oh,no!I didn't mean that!Of course,this isn't a sign for this couple's future.It's just that Diana was always elegant and glamorous and Victoria today was glowing as well!!I just liked it as a coincidence.
Oh i see i am sorry that i thought that

wikipedia has been updated
Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia on daniel
Daniel Westling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what do you think about Villa Beylon for the new royal couple
Villa Beylon - Wikipedia

Oh how exciting! I'm happy for them. At first when I read the wedding would be in 2010 I was too excited to comprehend how far away that is. Then all of a sudden my excitement level came back down to a normal level and I realized that's more than a year away assuming they wait to marry during nice weather. Wonder why so far away.

Love her dress for the interview. I'm looking around for a picture of her ring. Haven't been able to see it yet.

I think that we will have next two year the next swedish engagements. In 2010 Prince Carl Philipp will get engaged and will marry in 2011 and 2011 Princess Madeleine will get engaged to Jonas Bergström and will marry in 2012.

Oh how exciting! I'm happy for them. At first when I read the wedding would be in 2010 I was too excited to comprehend how far away that is. Then all of a sudden my excitement level came back down to a normal level and I realized that's more than a year away assuming they wait to marry during nice weather. Wonder why so far away.

Love her dress for the interview. I'm looking around for a picture of her ring. Haven't been able to see it yet.

there is good photos at the jewllery forum
they wanted a spring early summer wedding and this year was to fast
i also think they wanted daniel to get som prince training and take part at official events

TT also got a interview after the TV interview and they talked a bit about the day

Last edited by a moderator:
About the wedding date: is there a possibility than another Royal wedding, not yet announced :cool:, is already scheduled for 2009, so the Swedish Royal House prefer to wait until 2010 a bit for their own wedding?

yes, she looked great in both dresses. really classy!

what did they say in their press conference?

I'm thrilled for them, OH MY GOD.
At the end the love won.:clap: :fireworks:
I wish them the best in this world.:sun::sun:

They look ABSOLUTELY RADIANT.:cheers:

I've been not paying attention AT ALL to royalty news for a bit so this came as a huge shock. Sorry for the eyesore, but I have to do this.

OMFGGGGGG!!$Y*(@#$*(!@&$*(!@*#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
:fireworks::fireworks::swedenflag:

I am so incredibly happy and elated for CP Victoria and Mr. Westling! I wish them all the luck in the world with their marriage. I'm so excited lol!

Wow! Im so happy for them! Congratulations to the happy couple!!:flowers::wub::twohearts:

I'm happy for them both, and wish them great joy.

I think, though, that as we move forward through time, we will see further dilution of Royal bloodlines until there is very little Royal blood left in the titular rulers which still have active monarchies. Victoria's children will be 1/4 Royal, as her mother was not born Royal, nor was her (future) husband.

I think monarchy will go out eventually - not with a bang, but with a whimper.

And maybe that's neither "good" nor "bad."

Congratulations to the couple!!! I must say i was getting "worried" about such a long term relationship. Hurray!!!!

That is so true. The same goes for Princess Ingrid of Norway who is already in line to inherit the throne and she is 1/4 royal and 3/4 commoner. I thought the same thought but did not want to spoil the special day.
So far only Liechtenstein has married into royalty. All the other houses have already diluted "the royal blood", some more than others but we are getting there!

I'm happy for them both, and wish them great joy.

I think, though, that as we move forward through time, we will see further dilution of Royal bloodlines until there is very little Royal blood left in the titular rulers which still have active monarchies. Victoria's children will be 1/4 Royal, as her mother was not born Royal, nor was her (future) husband.

I think monarchy will go out eventually - not with a bang, but with a whimper.

And maybe that's neither "good" nor "bad."

The monarchies will die whether the crownprinces/princesses marry royalty or not. It is simply not relevant in today's world. Although I would love to see our monarchies remain forever - it just will not happen.

I am very happy for Victoria. I believe Daniel will be an excellent Prins.

I very happy for the both of them,everyone deserves to be happy.Now that their relationship is in the open,I'd love to see a picture of them holding hands.Just being a little affectionate with each other.SHOW US THE LOVE.

About the wedding date: is there a possibility than another Royal wedding, not yet announced :cool:, is already scheduled for 2009, so the Swedish Royal House prefer to wait until 2010 a bit for their own wedding?

I'm not complaining......look how long it took for this day to come! :ROFLMAO:

What all this talk about "royal blood" and "commoner blood"? Last time I checked, we're all homo sapiens capable of reproduction! Anyway, let's not spoil such a wonderful event with downer talk. Obviously after a while the monarchies will die out, but that won't be because they didn't have enough "royal blood", it'll be because many people will feel that they are unncessary. But that's a discussion for another place and time. Let's just celebrate the engagement that we've all (or a lot of us) have been eagerly waiting for.

YAY!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!!!

FINALLY!!
Congratulations to Daniel and Victoria!
:swedenstandard:

:fireworks:

what do you think about Villa Beylon for the new royal couple
Villa Beylon - Wikipedia

It´s beautiful, but there had been reports on mold and radon in it.
It gets renovated, but me would have a bad feeling with this...

I am wondering, if we would get pictures with all 4 parents (king, queen, Eva & Olle Westling) tomorrow.

Out of the interview with TT

Daniel about Victoria
9.gif

-You are the world´s most considerate person and you always put the interests/needs of others before your own. I think, that´s the reason, why you are so popular and loved. All understand that you are real and down-to-earth. I´ve never met an as genuine person as you.
That he is now ready to give his ordinary life up and to marry a future queen is due to love, he says.
-One can´t not say "no thanks" to love, if it is so strong

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/victoriagiftersig/article4497906.ab

What all this talk about "royal blood" and "commoner blood"? Last time I checked, we're all homo sapiens capable of reproduction! Anyway, let's not spoil such a wonderful event with downer talk. Obviously after a while the monarchies will die out, but that won't be because they didn't have enough "royal blood", it'll be because many people will feel that they are unncessary. But that's a discussion for another place and time. Let's just celebrate the engagement that we've all (or a lot of us) have been eagerly waiting for.

Well, yes, they will die out because they will lose the mystique and "otherness" that they once had because they keep marrying real estate agents, financial advisors, news readers, cocktail waitresses and personal trainers.

O-M-G. I think I screamed out loud when I saw this. Finally!! Congratulations. Cannot wait for the wedding.

:fireworks:

Well, yes, they will die out because they will lose the mystique and "otherness" that they once had because they keep marrying real estate agents, financial advisors, news readers, cocktail waitresses and personal trainers.
Actually, I agree with Shaiya.

Back
Top Bottom