Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone give a link to the press conference? Unforunately I just came home and because of this I haven't seen the Line report!

Oh no!!! What does she make!!! This guy is a NOBODY!!! I can't believe it. She is an interesting, clever woman... Ok, she hasn't got enough time to find better (she is 31 and want to become baby sure..), but some years ago she could make an another choice... I think her parents are not happy!!! And I can understand it.
We will see their divorce... definitely.

I hope they have a good wedding, and i hope everthing goes well. Regards from the Canute/Cornett family.

Congratulation to Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel.

Yes, he might not be of royal or noble blood. But she loves him and he appears to love her as well. Hopefully, he is secure in HIMSELF and will be able to support her in her role (as he appears to have done) as Crown Princess and eventually, Queen of Sweden.

Good for Victoria getting her man!

Question for everyone: The wedding isn't until Summer 2010. That's a year and a half away. I wonder why they're having such a long engagement. Don't the royals usually have just a few months between the engagement and wedding? Is there something else going on this summer that would compete with the wedding?

Good for Victoria getting her man!

Question for everyone: The wedding isn't until Summer 2010. That's a year and a half away. I wonder why they're having such a long engagement. Don't the royals usually have just a few months between the engagement and wedding? Is there something else going on this summer that would compete with the wedding?
Sweden presides over EU from 1 July.

Even Queen Silvia was a nobody...

Oh no!!! What does she make!!! This guy is a NOBODY!!! I can't believe it. She is an interesting, clever woman... Ok, she hasn't got enough time to find better (she is 31 and want to become baby sure..), but some years ago she could make an another choice... I think her parents are not happy!!! And I can understand it.

First of all Congratulations to the couple. Victoria definitly looked ravishing & happy.

Just one question (since I do not speak or understand the Swedish language). On the Bunte site it is mentioned that Daniel proposed during summer, somewhere in the close to Drottingholm, and she said yes, yes, yes ... is truly true? It appears like a long time to wait through today for an announcement.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel and their families.

I wonder about the thoughts going through Daniel Collert's head today..

Mr. Westling would have not been my choice- but it was Victoria's choice and if he makes her happy and content....

The Queen had a fake smiled plastered over her face- am not sure if this is the result of any dislike of Daniel or the result of her latest "visit" back home...

Congratulations!!!!! They are such a lovely couple, and I cannot wait for the wedding! :swedenstandard::heartflower:

Sweden presides over EU from 1 July.
And next year Sweden will elect a new parliament.

I guess such things are secondary. In the press conference it was said, they wanted a spring wedding and this year, it would be too late.

Personally I guess they tried to find a compromise, which feels best for Daniel (gym-wise and royal work-wise) and Victoria (who surely wanna have children soon)

Congraulation to Victoria and Danial :flowers: They are a beautiful couple :D

That's a little harsh! This isn't the middle ages. Look at her Mom she was a commoner, or a nobody as you put it. So is Queen Sonja from Norway, Princess Maxima, Princess Mary & Letizia.

I wish the couple much happiness in their future life together. Victoria loves him and he loves her and to me that is all that matters. Her ring looks like a tiffany diamond.

Although I've been waiting for this for some time, I have to say that I really was surprised by the engagement news, I'm very happy that they finnaly decided to get engaged and married. Congratulations to them, I really wish them all the happiness.

To those of you who do not like Daniel Westling, think him a nobody or think that Victoria could do better, I presume you will be writing to Crown Princess Victoria about your thoughts and no doubt would be prepared to hear her her response!

I will also like to say congratulations to Victoria and Daniel and wish them a happy and helathy marriage.

Somthing i don´t get is why the King says yes to the marriage now..they have been together for 7 years..

The King´s resistance towards the relationship betwen Victoria and Daniel was that Daniel was an ordenary swedish and not nobel man.
Befor the King and Queen became married Queen Silvia was also an ordenary and not a nobel lady,so why the resistance ?
I simply don´t get it.

Congrats to them. And about time if you ask me. They've been together for seven years. Was a little amazed by the thought of a long engagement, but I'm not that into the whole etiquet in the Royal House of Sweden.

Does anyone know if there'll be something like an engagement dinner or gala?

First of all Congratulations to the couple. Victoria definitly looked ravishing & happy.

Just one question (since I do not speak or understand the Swedish language). On the Bunte site it is mentioned that Daniel proposed during summer, somewhere in the close to Drottingholm, and she said yes, yes, yes ... is truly true? It appears like a long time to wait through today for an announcement.
I saw the interview from the press conference at RTL Exklusiv at Victorias answers was "he proposed at Drottningholm, in the nature...... it was soooo beautiful!"
Nothing was said about that that happend already in summer, IMO it would be weird to wait until the end of February if you want to get married in spring, when that means that you have to wait until 2010.
I think he proposed a few days ago.

CONGRATULATIONS to the happy copple I see for the photo's!!!

Back
Top Bottom