Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THANK GOD!

FIANLLY!

I cannot WAIT for this wedding; it will be amazing :)
I wonder what finally clicked for him to fianlly propose :D

I literally cannot wait for this wedding, it will be like hopefully a WOW wedding :D

:swedenstandard:

I am still confused about his titles- Will he be a HRH or not?

Also, since Victoria is already Duchess of Vestragrotland how can Daniel be Duke? Is the King re-creating the title for Daniel or does he mean that Daniel will have the coutesy style of Dukes of Vastergotland.

I heard some news on the TV saying that the title would be His Royal Highness Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland but i don´t know for sure if that is true - but i certainly think so, it wouldn´t make any sence othervise.

I just saw an interwju on the news with the Marshal of the realm where he was asked why Daniel recieved the dukedom of Västergötland when the Crownprincess already had that dukedom - he replied that it´s custom to share the dukedom of your spouse.

I heard some news on the TV saying that the title would be His Royal Highness Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland but i don´t know for sure if that is true - but i certainly think so, it wouldn´t make any sence othervise.

I just saw an interwju on the news with the Marshal of the realm where he was asked why Daniel recieved the dukedom of Västergötland when the Crownprincess already had that dukedom - he replied that it´s custom to share the dukedom of your spouse.

prince bertil and lilian had the same dukedom
carl gustav dont have one after he become king so silvia do not have the title but i think the king was duke of södermanland

thani you

so maybe after the wedding there will be a profile at the webbsite

Yes that´s for sure!

I have to say that I'm very susprised with Daniel, I've watched the press conference and he seems very to be confident with Victoria, also he seems to be a good person with good conversation, a bit shy but a man with a good sence of humor. Really nice, I liked him.!

I wonder what will happen with Daniel from now, he will attend the "Prince School"

Last edited:
Daniel and Victoria are so marvellous. I am pleased for them.

prince bertil and lilian had the same dukedom
carl gustav dont have one after he become king so silvia do not have the title but i think the king was duke of södermanland
Prince Bertil was Duke of Halland.
It where Prince Carl and Princess Ingeborg, the parents of Crown Princess Märtha of Norway and Queen Astrid of the Belgians who also where Dukes of Västergötland.

march 12 its victorias nameday and gala dinner later that night
maybe the first official event for daniel

Congratulations to the couple and to Sweden

Congratulations one more time :flowers: Does anyone know if there's gonna be an engagement reception or a party for the other royals?If not today,at any time soon? :rolleyes: It would be nice to see almost all royals gathered in one place again ;)

I would imagine that there would be a gala to celebrate the engagement. I hope that they release photos! Hopefully, it will be well-attended by the other royal families. I am so happy for them!

Great! Something to look forward to in 2010.

Congratulations and best wishes to the couple!

I am still confused about his titles- Will he be a HRH or not?

Also, since Victoria is already Duchess of Vestragrotland how can Daniel be Duke? Is the King re-creating the title for Daniel or does he mean that Daniel will have the coutesy style of Dukes of Vastergotland.

He will be:
HRH Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland, consort to HRH Crownprincess Victoria

Congratulations to the happy couple and their families. 33 years ago King CG announced his engagement on a February with Silvia Sommerlath. May the young couple live as happily as the sovereigns do.
This must be a great day for Sweden and the Swedes.

So there's gonna be a dinner on March 12 (Thursday).Is this confirmed?And if yes,will the dinner take place for the families and friends or for the other royals as well?Can someone provide information?Thanks in advance!

Daniel, be sure to make a beautiful set of rings that reflect the care you have for the future Queen of Sweden. Made with the thoughts for her a unique set like no other.

All the best for better.

So there's gonna be a dinner on March 12 (Thursday).Is this confirmed?And if yes,will the dinner take place for the families and friends or for the other royals as well?Can someone provide information?Thanks in advance!

the gala dinner is not a engagement dinner its a yearly dinner for diplomats and some other officials

When the King was engaged the only ones who appeared on the photos for the gathering were members of both families. I do not remember any royals from other houses present at the festivities. Silvia was the exception back then and it took time for some other royals to accept her.
Of course things have changed in the meantime and the more commoners join the royal families the more democratic it will all become.
On those photos Victoria looks so happy! It is great to see her looking so good.

Thank you all for the clarification!I guess we shouldn't expect a big gala,with almost all royals,taking place then.

congratulations to victoria and daniel!! :flowers: i certainly didn't expect it either. this is great news. so many of us have been looking forward to the engagement of the crown princess for so long! i wish them the very best and can't wait to the wedding.

is the wedding to take place in 2010? such a long time to wait for it. :(

what is the king saying in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fMsvsZe_c

Last edited:
am i right to say that diana and charles got engaged this day 1980?

I love her engagement ring!! I want exactly the same!!!lol

Can someone translate the video for me please?

Amazing coincidence,Josefine :flowers: Don't you think?

Amazing coincidence,Josefine :flowers: Don't you think?
i just took a look at the royal forum calander to see what royal events has been at this date and there it was charles and diana engagement
and no i do not think it will tell us what will happen in the future

Back
Top Bottom