Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like the ring. It was too thin and the diamond is way too big IMO. Not a very practical ring to wear, gets stuck everywhere. I wonder how she's going to be able to wear another ring on that finger.

Daniel seemed nicer now, he seems like a guy with a good sense of humor. At times he seems a bit reserved, but I guess he's just shy. Victoria looked beautiful in that blue dress and I liked her dress. Daniel looked different now compared to the press conference earlier. I wish he'd open his eyes more since they're really not that bad when he does open them. Does anyone else think V & D resemble each other? Watching the engagement video of Carl Gustav and Silvia made me think that Daniel acts and resembles the King a bit.

BTW, what will Daniel wear on the wedding day, a military uniform? That's what princes usually wear these days but he's a commoner, so...

To me Daniel Westling is not appropriate.

He never was and will never be !

He is not succesful in his job - he is a fitness trainer -come on ! , he has no "class" and isn't even looking good ( although that's of course a question of taste)
Mette Marit was a little bit questionable, but she was at least good looking. But Daniel....OMG ...poor swedisch people.
But I wish them luck.....

I like the ring - it's simple and sweet. I thought Victoria look beautiful.

He is not succesful in his job - he is a fitness trainer -come on ! , he has no "class" and isn't even looking good ( although that's of course a question of taste)
Mette Marit was a little bit questionable, but she was at least good looking. But Daniel....OMG ...poor swedisch people.
I don't think we are able to say if he's appropriate or not for Victoria. She made the choice of love and she loves Daniel. I guess she thought a lot about that big decision before taking it!

Don't condemn it right now! you don't know how he will act as a prince consort! He has everything to learn! let's give him a chance to succeed!

He is Victorias choise, and thats good enough for me :D
and they said they based their love on friendship and that sounds sooooo good, so I suppose he is beautiful inside and out. Im v happy for her!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

We have been waiting for soooooo long!

heja Sverige! :swedenflag::swedenflag:

oh, and I just watched the live stream from SVT; Daniel did very well at the press conference!

Viv:daneflag:

If she says she's a better person and will do a better job as Queen with Daniel by her side, with his love and support, then that's good enough for me.

If she says she's a better person and will do a better job as Queen with Daniel by her side, with his love and support, then that's good enough for me.

I second this comment! It doesn't matter to any of us how or who Mr. Westerling is, as long as HRH CP Victoria has the love of her life besides her. If he is ood enough for her, it should be good enough to anyone.

I wish them all the best, and tons of happiness and a long life together.:flowers:

can I ask when is the wedding? cause I'm sure prince ali will be there :)

there is no wedding date yet

how about other royal courts have they send congratulations

when do we see daniel next time at victorias nameday maybe

I just watched the engagement conference of the King and Silvia ( thank you MaeyMaxima) and compared it to Victorias. She seemed to be some kind of happy. Her parents on the other hand looked like talking on the annual rabbit-breeder-club meeting but not like talking on her daughters engagement or any other occasion, which should be really fun and nice.
Her parents are definetly NOT hppy with her choise.

I never said they aren't a nice cupple - they definetly made for each other. I belive they are deeply in love and will have a great time

BUT they don't fit together on the swedish throne!!!

That's the problem I see.

YAY!!! Congrats to the couple, but seriously, did they really need to wait so long??

can I ask when is the wedding? cause I'm sure prince ali will be there :)

No date has been set yet, and if I heard correct no date were mentioned in the interviews either. But it will be in spring 2010. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Congratulations.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I' ll try to be in Sweden on their wedding date. That's set. I watch Victoria around 12 years now...

But 7 years of relationship and the marriage in 2010? Isn' t that tooooo much?

What lovely news! It really made my day. My best wishes to Crown Princess Victoria, Daniel and to the family. :flowers: (I just hope, that they will not play around like Aimone and Olga...)

:clap: Oh, I'm totally thrilled!
This engagement was like a bomo! I never thought this day would be so near! I'm so happy for the young couple.
Congratulations to the Crownprincess and her furture Prince....:clap:

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel. They look a nice couple.

I wish them a great wedding and more importantly a long and happy marriage.

Congratulations.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I' ll try to be in Sweden on their wedding date. That's set. I watch Victoria around 12 years now...

I'll be there as well, I'm really looking forward to.

that's irrelevant because philip renounced his titles (prince of greece & denmark) before marrige to become a prince of the united kingdom upon marriage.

Actually, Philip renounced his royal titles to become Lt. Philip Mountbatten, RN. The day before his wedding, George VI created him a Knight of the Garter and His Royal Highness, but not a Prince of the UK. He was created Baron Greenwich, Earl of Merioneth and Duke of Edinburgh and his style and title was "HRH Philip, Duke of Edinburgh" after his wedding.

In 1957, The Queen issued letters patent creating him a Prince of the UK with the style of "HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh" with precedence ahead of all the princes of the blood, including his son, The Prince of Wales.

Back
Top Bottom