Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful ! Congratulations to the Swedes here.
A wonderful wedding to look forward !

From the beginning of the press conference: The wedding is in 2010 because they want to have in early summer and it is too late this year to put it together.

I didn't expect this, but congratulations to them!

they are going in to the room now

victoria got a blue dress

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't understand a word of it, but they look happy togethor so I'm happy for them! I was surprised at the Queen's voice - it had a Jackie Kennedy sound to it. I'm a little disappointed that the wedding so so far away! I hate waiting!

It's usual procedure for male consorts to become Prince upon wedding (eg Philip, Claus, Henrik) so Daniel will become HRH, Prince of Sweden, although he could be known in public as Duke of Vaestergoetland (similar to The Duke of Edinburgh).

Not giving Daniel the HRH title is unthinkable and would make him a laughing stock before he is even married.
Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh was a Prince (of Greece & Denmark) in his own right.

They are coming!!!!!

she's so wonderful!!!! she looks so happy!!
she seems to have a big ring! hope they are going to show it!

Congratulation to CP Victoria and Daniel Westling. Hope they will be together forever..

Daniel about why it's taken so long. "It would have been very naive of me to fall to my knees and propose after a year." And some talk about being prepared and aware of what he's going into.

Both look radiant, specially the Crown Princess.
Thanks Josefine for share the liks with us. BTW, it is wonderful that they made a video for the engagement in order to share a few words with us.

they said nothing about the history of the ring it looks like a dimond ring

After tthe wedding daniel will own the business but will not be a oparate VD

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel: "I'm not looking forward to living in the public life. I've got used to it partly after the past 7 years, but I imagine that's only a bit of it. But I won the Crown Princess and the King's support."

Daniel: "I will not have an operative CEO role in my business anymore. It feels like it is worth it. But I'll be going into an owner-role."

Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh was a Prince (of Greece & Denmark) in his own right.

that's irrelevant because philip renounced his titles (prince of greece & denmark) before marrige to become a prince of the united kingdom upon marriage.

they are a lovely couple! they seem to very in love of each other!

Now I'm waiting for a pic of the ring!!!

And could someone tell us what they said during this interview???

i thought it was sweet
he seems to be a easy going man
i did not think much of daniel before but hearing him talk i like him more

I really enjoyed seeing the press conference and they were really happy and relaxed together. The ring is a large diamond solitaire (I think 3 carats) set in either gold or platinum). Victoria looked so radiant in a sapphire blue silk dress, cut very simply and with what looked to be a round, diamond brooch. I think Daniel will make a good husband for her and will handle his new life very well!

i thought it was sweet
he seems to be a easy going man
i did not think much of daniel before but hearing him talk i like him more

It was a very nice and happy press conferense and Daniel sure can speak! I mean when Silvia got engaged to the king she could not speak v much swedish so she was v quite, but V and D spoke happily and v.g.

Back
Top Bottom