The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Congratulations to HRH and Mr. Westling

God Save The Queen!

Royal Highness

I'm really looking forward to seeing the press conference today! If it's at 5pm in Sweden then the time will be 4pm in the UK! I think Victoria's engagement ring will include a sapphire with diamonds! I'm still so excited by this news! The engagement announcement was really lovely with the happy couple in the middle and the King and Queen on each side. Having the wedding in 2010 will allow plenty of time to organise such a huge event and ensure that senior royals around the world can set the date aside in their busy schedules and able to attend. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the various threads that will be created such as where the wedding will be and who will design the wedding dress - not to mention will Madeleine be a bridesmaid!!??

Courtier

Wow! I've never been crazy about Daniel and would have preferred someone else (not that I had any idea as to who), but I'm happy for her, and happy for us, who will get to see a royal wedding. I wonder why they're getting engaged now?

I recall saying on the forums that if Daniel ever married Victoria I would eat a live goldfish. Uh-oh...
Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 AM

OMG!!! This is such exciting news!!!

I'm so happy for Victoria and Daniel, and the whole royal family!

I can't wait to see this wedding. Yes, its going to be a long wait, but it would be worth it!

Hooray!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Can any swedish member tell us what they said in the Video?
And someone know when the video was made?
Thanks in advance

Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Aftonbladet claims Daniel will be HRH Prince Daniel but I'm still not convinced until the court says it. At least I know know that his full name is Olof Daniel Westling.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Finally!! It's about TIME.. I have been wait for long time finally and I would like to see the wedding ohh It will be big wedding..
Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Courtier

I'll try to put it in a nutshell what was said in the video. Bear in mind that Swedish is not my mother tongue, but it is the second official language here.

The king said that it is really a special day for them and while it obviously is a big happening for their whole family, he has a feeling it will be even bigger for Victoria and Daniel and it is only the beginning of a long life together for them. The king said that they had learned to know Daniel pretty well and understood he is a fine man who works hard and seriously and takes life seriously.

--------- more to come --------------
Old 02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Picture of the couple today

ANP Beeldbank

Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

He looks so different without his glasses! I love CP Victoria's dress -- the classic cut and the red color really suit her.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Aftonbladet claims Daniel will be HRH Prince Daniel but I'm still not convinced until the court says it. At least I know know that his full name is Olof Daniel Westling.
It's usual procedure for male consorts to become Prince upon wedding (eg Philip, Claus, Henrik) so Daniel will become HRH, Prince of Sweden, although he could be known in public as Duke of Vaestergoetland (similar to The Duke of Edinburgh).

Not giving Daniel the HRH title is unthinkable and would make him a laughing stock before he is even married.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

One more question: Is Daniel going to attend some official duties and events with the royal family and the crown princess now??? or will he have to wait until the wedding??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Majesty

after the interview will they meet the public then you think
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Finally This is wonderful news.....Congratulations to Crownprincess Victoria and Daniel
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Continuing my brief translation of what was said in the "official" video by the Royal family.

Queen Silvia said the family is going to accept Daniel in their family with open arms. She described Daniel as being "full of energy and considerate and will be and outstanding spouse for Victoria". To Victoria the queen said "We have full confidence on your choice" (meaning they think she made a right choice).

Then it was Daniel's turn to speak. "Our love has grown strongly during the years. My job is to support the Crown Princess in her important work for Sweden. In time I wish I could contribute myself."

Victoria said:" I am proud to work for Sweden but it is easier when there's two of us. With Daniel on my side I feel secure. And perhaps you have noticed that I have seemed stronger and happier in the past year."
"Now we can begin the preparations to begin something new and start a family."

Daniel said he would do all he can to earn the trust of the Swedish people.

That was pretty much it!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Can any swedish member tell us what they said in the Video?
And someone know when the video was made?
Thanks in advance

Here's an article that translates

http://www.thelocal.se/17792/20090224/

Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A few articles

Swedish crown princess to marry long-time boyfriend - Article
Report: Swedish princess to marry in 2010 - Article
Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
He looks so different without his glasses!
i agree he's a person who has a face for glasses. they gave him the interesting (some would call it an intellectual) touch. daniel is a good looking, smart man but today i think he looks strange, maybe that's the excitement or stress. he looks more like al gore, not like daniel westling.
ANP Beeldbank

anyway i wish both of them the best of best, daniel must be very very much in love, brave and have a lot of confidence to marry the future Swedish queen and become the only male consort of the young royal generation. life won't be easy for him and i hope people will give him a chance and don't make him sacrifice his personality for the job. furthermore i hope that today's appearance wasn't just show and that king & queen will continue to give public back-up for daniel and won't allow the slightest doubt about their support towards him, finallly leaving the rumours about his suitability behind.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Courtier

I believe the wedding will take place on June 19th. Has it been officially announced yet?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The fantastic news, indeed! Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Mr. Westling!

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, engagement