The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Majesty

it has not been said that the engagment video of victoria and daniel is very much like that of William alexander and maxima

i have a feeling that they have talked to beatrix

beatrix own engagement
i dont know if she and her father olso spoke

Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Well, the absence of Maxima´s parents at her engagement and wedding was of the well-known reasons (her fathers political involvement) so therefore I wouldn´t call it similar
I still find it strange that so far Daniel´s parents didn´t appear in public to at least take part at the engagement
Engagement announcements without any parents are not so rare (f.i. Märtha-Louise and Haakon in Norway) but later there were always official photoshoots with both parents which is still missing concerning Viktoria and Daniel

Old 06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, couldn´t it be, that they are simply not as "hard-boiled" as Royals, who are for years in the business and who also keep an appearance in sad or worriful moments up?
The Westlings obviously underwent quite a stressful phase in the past months.
Donating an organ within a family is so much more than just two routine surgeries, so maybe they simply didn´t wanna add an other "factor of stress" to their lives by grinning into cameras and opening the doors for journalists.

I am though hoping, that they would appear more often in the future, as it would probably also give strength to their son and brother and is in a way also important for the Monarchy (some still remember Sven O., I guess. An extreme example of "what in-laws can do" )
And the wedding, they can´t avoid...so a little "media training" pre-hand might be helpful...

If Daniel would be part of the birthday show at Borgholm, it would be nice, if also his parents, sister and nieces would get invited...
Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Majesty

actully i did not have in mind that daniels parents were not there but how it were set up, sitting by a table the king / Quenn said a few words, later Queen /prince talked and later on daniel/maxima were next and at the end crown princess/ crown prince said the last words....
Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

The card a dutch person got as answer on her greeting card...

De leukste site over Koninklijke Bedankkaartjes! : Bedankkaart verloving Daniel en Victoria
Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Have moved a few posts to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-20222.html thread, as they discussed possible wedding attire/bridesmaids. Please keep discussion in this thread to the actual engagement, and make wedding suggestions in the link above.

Thank you,
JessRulz
Old 08-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Majesty

report from bbc
Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video from the engagement reception:
SVT Förlovningsmottagning
Old 07-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

I read from a Finnish women's magazine article that Daniel, before they announced their engagement, held a speech in front of the government of Sweden. In the speech he spoke about his love for Victoria and how he sees his future as a prince. I read that it made many government members in tears.

Does anyone have more information about this? I'm not sure how trustable this story was in a Finnish magazine.
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 07-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post
I read from a Finnish women's magazine article that Daniel, before they announced their engagement, held a speech in front of the government of Sweden. In the speech he spoke about his love for Victoria and how he sees his future as a prince. I read that it made many government members in tears.

Does anyone have more information about this? I'm not sure how trustable this story was in a Finnish magazine.
Here is an article at Svensk Damtidning, where Minister for International Development Cooperation, Gunilla Carlsson tells of Daniel´s speech:
Daniels hemliga kärlekstal till Victoria | Svensk Damtidning
Google Translate
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Daniel comes across as a very sensitive - and sensible- man!

I think he will do very well in his new role and I wish him continued good health for the future.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel tell about the proposal at the official wedding book "Vårt bröllop".
Daniel tells: Victoria had clearly told a few years before, that she didn´t want to be proposed abroad. She would like it to happen in Sweden and outdoors. I had clear directives on how it would go and then I had two options. There was a one place up in Ockelbo which we like very much, or at Drottningholm, along our favorite walk. And it was at Drottningholm it happened.
Victoria tells: It was a lovely winter day on our walk. Daniel said that he would like to read something. And then he read a wonderful speech that he had written about our time together, our experiences and what we like to do, special dates and events. There I sat. And then he went to on his knees in the snow and proposed. And I said yes, yes, yes.
Daniel had ordered the engagement ring from a jeweler abroad, to keep the engagement secret, but they had discussed about the ring before. Victoria had wanted a ring quite similar to her mother´s engagement ring. Victoria says: My mother got the ring of my grandmother, princess Sibylla when she became engaged to dad. Our rings remind eachother. I like the tradition and that the ring has connection to the past.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Courtier

How lovely!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria and Daniel tell about the proposal at the official wedding book "Vårt bröllop".
Daniel tells: Victoria had clearly told a few years before, that she didn´t want to be proposed abroad. She would like it to happen in Sweden and outdoors. I had clear directives on how it would go and then I had two options. There was a one place up in Ockelbo which we like very much, or at Drottningholm, along our favorite walk. And it was at Drottningholm it happened.
Victoria tells: It was a lovely winter day on our walk. Daniel said that he would like to read something. And then he read a wonderful speech that he had written about our time together, our experiences and what we like to do, special dates and events. There I sat. And then he went to on his knees in the snow and proposed. And I said yes, yes, yes.
Daniel had ordered the engagement ring from a jeweler abroad, to keep the engagement secret, but they had discussed about the ring before. Victoria had wanted a ring quite similar to her mother´s engagement ring. Victoria says: My mother got the ring of my grandmother, princess Sibylla when she became engaged to dad. Our rings remind eachother. I like the tradition and that the ring has connection to the past.
Awwwwww! The non-Swedish speaking addicts here will miss out on a lot of romantic stuff!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
Awwwwww! The non-Swedish speaking addicts here will miss out on a lot of romantic stuff!
Unless the Swedish speaking addicts translate tiny bits for us.

Thanks a lot LadyFinn. It sounds so romantic, awwww.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

That proposal story is so sweet. Thank you for posting LadyFinn.

I -for one- am definitely hoping the swedish-speaking members of this forum will continue translating these news for us, little by little.
Please don't stop! we're addicts!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria tells at the book "Vårt bröllop"
"On the evening of our engagement day, which was also Mardi Gras, mom came to the evening coffee with shrove buns. When we lifted the lids of the cream jugs, there were two cut hearts instead of cream. On them mom had written heartening words to us. It was so nice and typical mom."
Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
"On the evening of our engagement day, which was also Mardi Gras, mom came to the evening coffee with shrove buns. When we lifted the lids of the cream jugs, there were two cut hearts instead of cream. On them mom had written heartening words to us. It was so nice and typical mom."
Aww...I need to hire a translator. They go very far, in telling us those details.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Aw, that's very sweet. Thanks for all the translations!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Courtier

That's so sweet.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, engagement