The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Looking at the ancestry of Victoria and going back to the first Bernadotte on the swedish throne I am not sure there is any swedish blood there. I welcome Daniel, first because I believe he will be an excellent husband to Victoria and a support and friend for life. Secondly I welcome him because it is about time we get swedish blood in the royal family. I personally would not have given the monarchy any more chances of surviving if Victoria had chosen a foreign husband, no matter how royal he may be. I believe Victoria's choice will prove to be an excellent one.
Swedish blood...didn´t know, that it exists. So we have blue blood and blue-yellow blood, interesting

Of course a Monarchy would have also survived a foreign man, if he would have had the right personality. Or it would have not survived, if the financial, political and economic circumstances wouldn´t have allowed it.
I can´t think of any example of a Monarchy, which got abolished, while the ppl were living all rosy lives with lots of wealth, happiness and democracy...

Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Courtier

Commoners? Someone called us 'commoners'? At least here in Nordic countries even us commoners are so extremely royal that you don't need to look very far in our family trees to find nobles and royals by the dozen! I am quite sure I could trace my family all the way back to Charlemagne if I tried - and the people in between aren't exactly trash either!

Someone asked "aren't we all humans". Well, some of us are partly extraterrestial (and I refuse to comment this on my behalf) but I don't think we need to discuss that. Then of course there are those people who feel that the origins of royals are in the stars (or star systems) in which case we should really be asking questions like "should the shapeshifters be marrying common humans" or "how much alien DNA makes one a royal"... Maybe the "blue blood" should be called "green blood".

To get back to the subject... Don't you just love how the Swedish newspapers come up with a new "Victoria & Daniel" -news story every day since the engagement? I'm hooked now on reading about the two going on walks, planning the wedding etc. Oh, and the newsstory today? The couple held another party to celebrate their engagement, the fourth so far...

Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

English transcript of the engagement conference:
Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling’s engagement press conference: unofficial transcript | The Royal Twist
Old 03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Great!!! thanks!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lena, thanks,thanks,thanks & thanks!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel celebrated their engagement last night - again. Daniel had rented the entire exclusive Opera Terrace for a lavish dinner.
Daniel had invited to the celebration a large part of Sweden's business elite - all members of Daniel Westlings exclusive gym Master Training.
Expressen/Här firar de - för fjärde dagen i rad
Daniel on his way to the party
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria arriving
ANP Beedbank
Old 03-04-2009, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness

They celebrate a lot their engagement!!!!! it's great to see them so happy about that!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Oh thank you so much for the translation!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Courtier

thank you for translating crown Princess victoria's and Daniels interview it was great to read all about it , Im so happy for them .
Old 03-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the English translation! I'm really happy for both of them and Victoria will make a spectacular bride. She seems very very happy and I'm sure her parents are ,too.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im glad at least this seems to be a Fairytail come true
Old 03-06-2009, 09:55 PM

The translation is much appreciated - what a wonderful event to look forward too!! Can't wait!!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Wonder when we shall see Daniel´s parents for the first time
I prefer all family members on a nice group photo like in Spain or Norway on occasion of such an event
But I can also imagine that his parents want to be in the limelight as little as possible
Old 03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Courtier

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/03-2009/442People02.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I do not like Daniel Westling very much, but if Crownprincess Victoria does really love him, I think it matters a lot. He'll be HER husband after all, not mine. In any case, I'm glad they're already engaged. Hope he could be a good, discrete consort.

And yes, I agree: it's a good thing he is Sweden.

Vanesa.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Serene Highness

Why don't you like Daniel Westling?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

Victoria & Daniel
Gästerna på Daniels första kungamiddag - Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

There are a lot of anti-Daniel Westlings for some odd reason.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Commoner

Anyone is liked by certain persons and disliked by other persons. Daniel Westling is no exception to that fact of life.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, engagement