Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been living under a rock for the past two days! This is such great news! Congrats to the both of them!

What the "surprise". :lol:Many people said 'finally' when Daniel and Victoria announced engagement. Although they were dating so long, it was really surprising. And I think this is what they wanted, I guess, surprise the media and people, well organized. :)
I am not Daniel's fan, I don't think he is appropriate for educated woman like Victoria, and especially he is not right for a spouse of crown princess. But I can't deny that he makes Victoria happy. She was radiant during engagement. She really seems to be a woman in love. Good luck for her. :flowers:
I wish Daniel had glasses. He looked a bit stressed but later he relaxed.
Did Victoria change her dresses during engagement day? During press conference she had red dress, then dark blue.
The dark blue dress was lovely, simple and elegant, the material seemed silk. I liked Victoria hairdo better when she was wearing that blue dress than her pony tail she had while in red dress.
Her ring seemed nice, but I expected something bolder, maybe with wider band and larger gem, even with more than just a diamond, e.g. diamond and some different gem(s).

Princess's royal parents did not appear happy. Especially the king, he was so serious in one video, while his daughter was all in smiles. Queen Sylvia seemed just distant and polite.

It seems quite odd they wait so long with wedding, especially having so long courtship.:ermm:
Anyway, congrats and good look to a couple.:flowers:

I can't deny part of me was secretly hoping for a wedding between CPs Victoria and Prince Nichalos of Greece. Even though many would think he is more suited to the role of Prince Consort, there obviously isn't the love between them that there is between CPs Victoria and Daniel and I don't that a union between CPsV and PN would be a happy one.

well if he makes her happy that's all , that matters,
look how long it took King Haakon and queen sonia to get married due too some people not being happy with them as a couple and look how they turned out , and queen Beatrice and Bernard , I say good luck to them !!!

Do you have the official pics in HQ please??

Finally!!!!! Congratulations!:flowers: I'm so Happy!!! Great and special news!

It was announced that the Royal Wedding will take place in late spring or early summer 2010.
I was looking at the 2010 calendar and I think the wedding could be on June 19th 2010.
It is also the weddingdate of Victoria's parents (which would be a lovely tribute to her parents) and it's on a Saturday (which is a popular day to get married on in royal circles)
So I guess the wedding will be on Saturday 19-06 2010!
Does anyone know when the date will be officially announced?

so what is the reason why engagement in February 2009 and wedding spring or early summer 2010

i heard that
the amount of time for the wedding in spring - early summer is to short, it takes time tp plan the wedding
Sweden will have the Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2010 - that costs money
Give daniel time to be introduced to Sweden
Give daniel time to step down as VD for is business and find how it will work later on.
Norrbro is not renoveted yet Norrbro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is how norrbro looks like at the kings birthday
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb...121330C3540A0DED6308974D5A95EC&archiveid=5018

http://www.elmuseum.se/images/gatubelysning_schmalensee_stockholm_norrbro1.jpg

..."Maybe because Daniel's parents prefer their privacy? Remember this saying: he's a chip off the old block? In German: der Apfel fällt nicht weit vom Stamm. If his parents are as reticent and shy as Daniel appears to be, then maybe they are better off without their picture being spread worldwide. Or so I would think.:flowers:"...
Or maybe the parents of Vic and Daniel don't like eachother and didn't want to show with eachother... Or this is awkward for the King and Queen...
She is the future Queen of Sweden and no pictures about "happy family"???? The story doesn't hold together...

there was a privite dinner at drottningholm later that night
with daniels parents and the king and queen, also madeleine and jonas were there. carl philip is still at school.

Congratulations to CP Victoria and Daniel on their engagement. I am very happy for them.
This is the news that everyone was expecting.:flowers:

he he.. Its winther in Sweden.... and this winther has been v cold and snowy, and maybe she likes to went outside without gloves...or maybe she pull them off when she is getting warm while jogging or something - thats how real swedish winther hands looks like... my hands looks like hers and my fingers are cracking because of coldness (havnt done the dishes for weeks so that cant be the reason :D) and thats life (if you are to lazy to put some conditioner on)

It's winter in Finland too... And from what it sounds like, a similar winter than in Sweden! :D I'm too lazy to use a hand cream and I've never had a manicure etc. I know all about the cracking skin, that happens occasionally since I have atopic skin. But, I believe it has to do with skin type as well. Greetings from snowy Finland to our neighboring country!

Minister for Enterprise and Energy, Maud Olofsson, tells that Daniel made a very fine speech on Tuesday, when the government formally approved the engagement between Daniel and Victoria.
Afterwards the king invited the ministers to celebrate with champagne. He said that he was very pleased that the Government celebrated the moment with him and his family. Then he presented her future son-in-law for the first time and gave the floor to Daniel. The future prince had asked to say a few words.
Olsson tells that Daniel´s speech touched the guests deeply. Several ministers had tears in their eyes. It was also difficult for Daniel to keep his voice steady as he explained how he wants to support Victoria.
Olofsson says: He is very proud of her. She is a professional working woman and needs an equally professional partner at her side. That´s what she gets now.
Daniel told about himself, his background and his family. And about how he felt welcomed into the royal family. Guests also got to know a bit about his gyms and how he is passionate about public health and entrepreneurship.
Aftonbladet/Daniels tal rörande för regeringen

Finally! Congratulations to them both.

He will be Prince D, Duke of V but with or without HRH?

Is it too early to speculate on elements of the wedding?:lol:

I'm already thinking of how lovely it would be to see some of Crown Princess Victoria's royal godchildren as bridesmaids and page boys!

He will be Prince D, Duke of V but with or without HRH?
I'm pretty sure that he will be styled HRH. The official press release from the Bernadotte press department has a few errors (Amazingly, they even managed to spell the Dukedom wrong: Västergörland instead of Västergötland), and my guess is that they took it for granted that a Prince of the Royal House will be HRH as well.

I'm pretty sure that he will be styled HRH. The official press release from the Bernadotte press department has a few errors (Amazingly, they even managed to spell the Dukedom wrong: Västergörland instead of Västergötland), and my guess is that they took it for granted that a Prince of the Royal House will be HRH as well.
Thanks Boris.
Oh, I go to the RF's website and the mistake is on English version not Swedish.

Btw. Did you know that on wikipedia he is known as Olof Daniel?

when do you thínk we will see the first photo with all heirs and thier respectives

Ball-Tronarvinger.jpg (image)

aokay looking now we are missing felipe, letiza, charles and camilla.
wonder if we ever will se such a photo

Princess's royal parents did not appear happy. Especially the king, he was so serious in one video, while his daughter was all in smiles. Queen Sylvia seemed just distant and polite.

It seems quite odd they wait so long with wedding, especially having so long courtship.:ermm:
Anyway, congrats and good look to a couple.:flowers:

I thought the same thing. I'm curious what the real thoughts are behind closed doors about Daniel. But at the same time I don't think this family is all that expressive with their faces/body language. Victoria is likely the most expressive and the King is least expressive. Now that others mention it, it is a little odd for them to announce this so early. I can understand them not getting married until 2010 but why announce it. The best reason I can think of is for Daniel to make the transition with his business. I suppose things could have leaked out if big changes started happening with his business.

It was announced that the Royal Wedding will take place in late spring or early summer 2010.
I was looking at the 2010 calendar and I think the wedding could be on June 19th 2010.
It is also the weddingdate of Victoria's parents (which would be a lovely tribute to her parents) and it's on a Saturday (which is a popular day to get married on in royal circles)
So I guess the wedding will be on Saturday 19-06 2010!
Does anyone know when the date will be officially announced?

Why would she copy her parents? To me, a tribute is to choose to get married on the date of your deceased grandparents whom were say married for 60 years. It's not really a tribute to get married on the day your parents got married whom are still alive and celebrating their special day every year it comes around. Just my thoughts. Call me crazy but I would desire my own date not in use in my family, I hope Victoria and Daniel do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they announced the engagement so early because it gives Daniel time to become accustomed to his new role slowly? From now on he can accompany Victoria to official events, without to pressure of taking an active role.

Maybe they announced the engagement so early because it gives Daniel time to become accustomed to his new role slowly? From now on he can accompany Victoria to official events, without to pressure of taking an active role.

Yes, that´s probably a good part of it. As I get it real "prince training" (as it was often suggested by the press) didn´t take place so far. He just got some media training, which was also meant to promote his gyms...and with those gyms, he was all busy.

I´d bet the wedding would take place before june 11 as then the soccer world championships would start. A fact, which makes Africa also a hot guess for the honeymoon ;)

Today the king was in Alnarp, but wasn´t really in the mood to talk about the engagement. Instead press spokesperson Nina Eldh did answer a few question. She is thinking the news around the engagement were received "fantastic well" (an opinion poll does say the support for the Monarchy has grown a little)
She confirmed, that Daniel did pay the ring self...

http://sydsvenskan.se/skane/lomma/article416204/Har-kommer-kungen-till-Alnarp.html

Back
Top Bottom