The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

Can anyone give a link to the press conference? Unforunately I just came home and because of this I haven't seen the Line report!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Oh no!!! What does she make!!! This guy is a NOBODY!!! I can't believe it. She is an interesting, clever woman... Ok, she hasn't got enough time to find better (she is 31 and want to become baby sure..), but some years ago she could make an another choice... I think her parents are not happy!!! And I can understand it.
We will see their divorce... definitely.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Gentry

For those who couldn't catch the live stream: there is a clip of the press conference on NRK website. Scroll down. - Jeg er gjennomlykkelig - Utenriks - NRK Nyheter
Old 02-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

I hope they have a good wedding, and i hope everthing goes well. Regards from the Canute/Cornett family.

http://deltaboogie.com/deltamusicians/hawkinsr/
Read the story before the hawk flew by part IV
http://www.surnameweb.org/cornett/surname-origin.htm

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames....41.989/mb.ashx

here is another link http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bi...nett::659.html
Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Congratulation to Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel.

Yes, he might not be of royal or noble blood. But she loves him and he appears to love her as well. Hopefully, he is secure in HIMSELF and will be able to support her in her role (as he appears to have done) as Crown Princess and eventually, Queen of Sweden.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Good for Victoria getting her man!

Question for everyone: The wedding isn't until Summer 2010. That's a year and a half away. I wonder why they're having such a long engagement. Don't the royals usually have just a few months between the engagement and wedding? Is there something else going on this summer that would compete with the wedding?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Gentry

video of the press conference

Here is another link to the video of the press conference (It is about 10 minutes long):
Victoria och Daniel har förlovat sig (del 1 av presskonferensen) - Rapport | SVT Play
Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Good for Victoria getting her man!

Question for everyone: The wedding isn't until Summer 2010. That's a year and a half away. I wonder why they're having such a long engagement. Don't the royals usually have just a few months between the engagement and wedding? Is there something else going on this summer that would compete with the wedding?
Sweden presides over EU from 1 July.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Even Queen Silvia was a nobody...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Oh no!!! What does she make!!! This guy is a NOBODY!!! I can't believe it. She is an interesting, clever woman... Ok, she hasn't got enough time to find better (she is 31 and want to become baby sure..), but some years ago she could make an another choice... I think her parents are not happy!!! And I can understand it.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Pictures from Bunte
„Ich hab' nur Ja, Ja, Ja gesagt“ - Bilder - BUNTE

Old 02-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Photos from IBL
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/584...2401d3a1d3.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/508...2402d339c5.jpg

BODA REAL DE LA PRINCESA VICTORIA Y EL EMPRESARIO DANIEL WESTLING

Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
First of all Congratulations to the couple. Victoria definitly looked ravishing & happy.

Just one question (since I do not speak or understand the Swedish language). On the Bunte site it is mentioned that Daniel proposed during summer, somewhere in the close to Drottingholm, and she said yes, yes, yes ... is truly true? It appears like a long time to wait through today for an announcement.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Gentry

Here is a link to the video of the press conference (It is about 10 minutes long):
Victoria och Daniel har förlovat sig (del 1 av presskonferensen) - Rapport | SVT Play
Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel and their families.

I wonder about the thoughts going through Daniel Collert's head today..

Mr. Westling would have not been my choice- but it was Victoria's choice and if he makes her happy and content....

The Queen had a fake smiled plastered over her face- am not sure if this is the result of any dislike of Daniel or the result of her latest "visit" back home...
Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations!!!!! They are such a lovely couple, and I cannot wait for the wedding!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedvig View Post
Sweden presides over EU from 1 July.
And next year Sweden will elect a new parliament.

I guess such things are secondary. In the press conference it was said, they wanted a spring wedding and this year, it would be too late.

Personally I guess they tried to find a compromise, which feels best for Daniel (gym-wise and royal work-wise) and Victoria (who surely wanna have children soon)
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Commoner

Congraulation to Victoria and Danial They are a beautiful couple
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
That's a little harsh! This isn't the middle ages. Look at her Mom she was a commoner, or a nobody as you put it. So is Queen Sonja from Norway, Princess Maxima, Princess Mary & Letizia.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Nobility

I wish the couple much happiness in their future life together. Victoria loves him and he loves her and to me that is all that matters. Her ring looks like a tiffany diamond.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, engagement