Do the King and Queen like Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KathaFD

Commoner
City
near fulda
Country
Germany
i think if victoria marry daniel it will be a big wonder, because carl gustav doesn´t want to have a fitness trainee as the next king of sweden

i think if victoria marry daniel it will be a big wonder, because carl gustav doesn´t want to have a fitness trainee as the next king of sweden
So what does this mean? Victoria will continue to date Daniel waiting for her Father's approval as her Father waits for Victoria to marry someone he considers worthy?

At this rate Victoria may not get married for a very long long time. :wacko:

I don't think the King would do anything to try and stop Crown Princess Victoria from being happy with Daniel, after all this time I think he would be convinced that there is a strong possibility that they will marry and I feel the King has accepted Daniel Westling. I doubt he would not allow Crown Princess Victoria to marry him as they have been dating for five years now.

i won´t say that he try something against daniel but i would say that he has still a problem with that relationship

Well arnt all Daddies afraid of loosing their little baby girl to another man? ;-)

Why do so many people think that Victoria's parents do not want her and Daniel to marry?

Gita said:
Why do so many people think that Victoria's parents do not want her and Daniel to marry?

I have many times read about it. Why was he so many times not invited to many celebrations? The king and the queen hoped Victoria will find someone from royalty or a prince, or at least someone with the title. But now I think that the king and the queen are beginning to accept him. I've always hoped they will marry. It's a beautiful pair!

Did they, the king and queen say publically that they hoped Victoria would marry someone from royalty or titled?

Only that she would married someone who she would feel in love. I hear it on some interwiev with Silvia.

Nouvelle said:
I have many times read about it. Why was he so many times not invited to many celebrations? The king and the queen hoped Victoria will find someone from royalty or a prince, or at least someone with the title. But now I think that the king and the queen are beginning to accept him. I've always hoped they will marry. It's a beautiful pair!

I´m not so sure, if they wanted only Royalty and Nobility. I guess their hopes are more about attitude and education. I guess they would have been also satisfied with an UN ambassador, who is charming, educated and has diplomatic skills in connection with Public relations.
Daniel was in the beginning everything, but not very diplomatic and educated. In fact he behaved a little like a rowdy. I guess, the king and queen indeed wouldn´t have given their permission for a wedding in 2003. Well, actually I don´t think, that they forbade it either (therefore at least Silvia seems too smart), but probably they gave her the advice to wait (being sure about him, having self not married before 30...blabla) and I guess then also Victoria wasn´t ready to marry this limelight-phobic Bambi.
But things improved since then. Daniel got a prince makeover.
And while he probaly thought in the beginning, that he would get out there one day anyway (at least, that´s it, what is told in this new book...dunno, if it´s true. But it seems like a very normal and natural reaction for a guy with his biography), he has probaly accepted, that he is definitely over the point of no return.
He went through the hell, and pre-hell and what not...I guess now he is stronger and left the worst behind him. If he would marry Victoria now, it could only get better. "In the club" you are getting better protected, you are getting better PR and so on. If he would break up, it would take another long time to get rid of the press and this stigma of being related to someone. Not to speak of him probably WANTING to be with Victoria.

So we got a "refined Daniel"...I guess also the king and queen can see that. Even though he has still a bit of way left (Looking less tense etc.)

magnik said:
Only that she would married someone who she would feel in love. I hear it on some interwiev with Silvia.
Yes...she said once, that Victoria was probably right, when she said, that love is most important.
But she also said, that of course parents would have their own ideas/imaginations (in connection with the choice of partners by the own children)
I guess, she is torn. After all this won´t be her son-in-law, who would live together with her daughter 400km away and who she would see 4 times a year.
They are not just a family, but also a "business". They have to work together. A bad relationship between the Monarch and the family of the heir would affect everything!

magnik said:

She couldn't admit that she doesn't like Daniel. But I think he is the perfect man for Victoria. I've read so many times that they will marry soon. Then I have waited for break-up. But know? I don't know what should I wait for

I'm sorry, but has their been any interview either recorded or written where either the King or Queen has stated they they didn't like Daniel/wished Victoria would marry someone royal/etc,.? Because I'm having a hard time believing Silvia would say something like that. She herself was a commoner and married the King....why would she be against her daughter marrying a commoner as well?

Nouvelle said:
Why was he so many times not invited to many celebrations?
I don't think there are many of the "boyfriend/girlfriend" of royals who are invited to official celebrations, or very public family celebrations. Especially not of the "heir to the throne"-category. It usually takes a bit more, say an engagement, before they're "dragged" in front of the press at such occasions. Of course, it seems to change, with Joachim's girlfriend Marie joining the DRF for Easter, and Gustav's girlfriend Carina, and Nikolaos' girlfriend joining them on several occasions, but the first one has been through a divorce, the second one has got a will operating against him and the third… well, being far down in the line to the non-existent throne and having a fairly steady girlfriend… gets her invited to christenings and other family events.

There were occasions where Mette-Marit wasn't invited when she was living with Haakon, because they were not engaged. Mary wasn't invited along on public family events before the engagement, if memory serves me correctly.

Not having Daniel appearing at very public events or family occasions (in these kind of family usually one and the same.) doesn't automatically mean the king and queen disapprove or approve of him. It doesn't tell us anything but the fact that this is fairly standard procedure.

As for whether or not they like him… I don't know.

Sister Morphine said:
I'm sorry, but has their been any interview either recorded or written where either the King or Queen has stated they they didn't like Daniel/wished Victoria would marry someone royal/etc,.? Because I'm having a hard time believing Silvia would say something like that. She herself was a commoner and married the King....why would she be against her daughter marrying a commoner as well?

No. The only thing was that, what I´ve written above. The queen said, that parents have their own ideas.

The king is usually refusing to speak about Daniel or an possible engagement. He only once said, that he is a pleasant guy (or something like that) and it´s nice, that he is knowing him like all friends of the children (extra emphasis on the word "friend" instead of boyfriend.) That was years ago...and things weren´t as "semi-official" as today (with Daniel having been invited to the semi-private birthday party of the king...or Daniel & Victoria being in one church, while it was listed as duty for Victoria) So we dunno, what he would saytoday. Maybe he wouldn´t refuse to talk, if an engagement was close (as it was with Queen Margrethe at an summer interview...only weeks before the announcement of the engagement)
If the king really does like Daniel, we would hardly ever know. So far no Monarch dared to say "Well, actually I´m not liking my son-in-law or daughter-in-law really")
If they would get engaged, we would at least know, that there is enough sympathy for a working base.
Personally I´m simply sure, that the king and also the queen would have imagined someone better. Daniel IS seen as a controversial person...and what king and father or queen and mother wouldn´t want to avoid such controversy. Partly the discussion got pretty low...as it never was with Silvia. I guess an good solid Aussie import article or a count with a good reputation and an impressive CV would have meant less troubles...and that´s why I think, that Madeleine´s little Bikini diet in 2000, with a certain gym being part of the programme, was often cursed.
But if Victoria really loves this man and vice versa, they have to get over it or have already gotten...

Sister Morphine said:

That's the thing I cannot understand. But I really hope the king and the queen like him

Sister Morphine said:

Well, there are different kinds of commoner. One type of commoner are well-educated means that person has recieved a college education, graduate studies, or some form of higher education such as a foreign language schools. These people are professionals such as doctor, scientists, educators, translators, speech writers etc. Second type of commoner are the working class, they do not recieve any formal education and they are minimum wage workers. The list can be very long and it also determines by a person definition of the word "commoner."
Queen Silvia is a commoner by birth, and she was a professional- translator. That's makes HM Queen Silvia looks sophisticated because she is multilangual person. I think HM Queen Silvia has a problem with Daniel is that he is not sophisticated becasue of his occupation as a personal trainer. Being a personal trainer does not require any high education and all you have to do is pass the exam to get a license. To success in this type of business, the personal trainer must rely on his or her clients. If the clients are celebrities or famous atheletes, the gym will be profitable. These clients can bring a lot of money to the gym and the gym can be famous. That's why there are some personal trainers earn more than $ 100,000 while others earn less than $50,000. In addition, every parent would love to see their children to marry not only a nice person but their boyfriend or girlfriend also are well educated (sophisticated). Since being a royal can meet a lot of people around the world, if a person is not a sophisticate (which is Daniel in this case), it would hard for him to carry out a conversation. One may argue Dianel can carry out a conversation by talking about sports, cars etc. However, when you are inviting to a state dinner or other types of formal dinners such as Nobel Prize dinner, I don't think a person will talk about sports, cars, or movies. I think people in these dinners carry out intelligent conversations.

wanderer said:
Well, there are different kinds of commoner. One type of commoner are well-educated means that person has recieved a college education, graduate studies, or some form of higher education such as a foreign language schools. These people are professionals such as doctor, scientists, educators, translators, speech writers etc. Second type of commoner are the working class, they do not recieve any formal education and they are minimum wage workers. The list can be very long and it also determines by a person definition of the word "commoner."
Queen Silvia is a commoner by birth, and she was a professional- translator. That's makes HM Queen Silvia looks sophisticated because she is multilangual person. I think HM Queen Silvia has a problem with Daniel is that he is not sophisticated becasue of his occupation as a personal trainer. Being a personal trainer does not require any high education and all you have to do is pass the exam to get a license. To success in this type of business, the personal trainer must rely on his or her clients. If the clients are celebrities or famous atheletes, the gym will be profitable. These clients can bring a lot of money to the gym and the gym can be famous. That's why there are some personal trainers earn more than $ 100,000 while others earn less than $50,000. In addition, every parent would love to see their children to marry not only a nice person but their boyfriend or girlfriend also are well educated (sophisticated). Since being a royal can meet a lot of people around the world, if a person is not a sophisticate (which is Daniel in this case), it would hard for him to carry out a conversation. One may argue Dianel can carry out a conversation by talking about sports, cars etc. However, when you are inviting to a state dinner or other types of formal dinners such as Nobel Prize dinner, I don't think a person will talk about sports, cars, or movies. I think people in these dinners carry out intelligent conversations.

I´m agreeing with your post...apart from the last sentence maybe ;) Ppl are always imaginging NPA winners or scientists in general as very stiff and nerdy ppl, but we could see in the past (e.g. by a blog done by the wife of a winner), that scientists are also just human beings...witty, charming, smart and also into trivia. I´ve often met profs, who have an incredible knowledge in their field, but who are also knowing movies like "Pulp fiction" or "Trainspotting" ;)

Nonetheless being able to talk about various things is surely needed in this job. After all you are not just meeting NPA-winners, but also wannabe intellectuals ;)

But who knows, maybe he can still learn it...maybe he was indeed just not into education very much yet. I´m knowing some ppl, who failed in all kind of schools, but who read a lot in their spare time or got into all kind of discussions...and those ppl seemed to me often more smart than high achievers, who just study something for getting an "A"...but without the slightest spark of passion. Of course then you can´t work with this knowledge in ways, that are different to the testing systems, you are used to.

And after all highly praised translator Silvia struggled in the end in one of her most important tasks...she couldn´t learn Swedish properly. So the reverse would be, that Daniel (with his "D" in English) maybe could do very well in learning English now :rolleyes:

KathaFD said:

If Victoria marries him, he will not be King of Sweden!!!!!!!!!!

ahh poor Victoria, enough pressure on her for being the next Queen...and she had to get a personal trainer for boyfriend...
Whether they like him or not...i think it's just too late... she loves him! So I think they will let her do as she pleases...

I think this question: Do the King and Queen like Daniel? is a hypotheical question. There aren't any solid evidences to suggest the King and Queen dislike Daniel or vice versa. So why are we having this discussion? (I am very confused, I peronsally think this section needs to consolidate with the one titled Victoria and Daniel- I forgot the last part)

Some people seem to think that the King and Queen dislike Daniel Westling and I wonder why too? But the truth is nobody can answer that question because we do not know their thoughts and feelings.

No we can't properly answer the question. However, I do believe they have to like him to some extent. I know that Victoria is a grown woman but she still would want her parents approval. She is in a very unique situation, that of becoming Queen Regent. Her parents have her best interest at heart and I'm sure still have somewhat of a say in her personal life. I believe that if the King and Queen didn't like Daniel, he would've been history by now. No parents would want their daughter involved with riff-raff especially not the future Queen of Sweden.

I think too that if king & queen didn't like Daniel at all, Victoria would have broken their relationship long ago. But also I'm not sure if king could agree their relationship completely because after all he is king, Victoria is future queen and Victoria must think who she will marry with! I think that some day king & queen will agree with their marriage but I don't think it will happen soon.
Daniel must do very hard work and learn very much when he wants do marry with Victoria!

I am so glad the Crown Princess married for love! I really admire these modern royals for creating their own paths to happiness. :flowers:

Why is it any of our business whether The King and Queen like Daniel or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom