The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

Will Daniel lose his Right to Vote on July 19, 2010?

Old 05-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Probably, he may even have lost it on the day of their engagement.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

Isn't it that the royal family has the right to vote, but chose not to use that right in order to stay out of politics? There's a difference from not having the right, and just not using that right, but I'm not too sure, I could be wrong and they don't have the right.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
He will still, as the rest of the Royal Family, have the right to vote. But he will, as tradition dictates, choose not to do it.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
I wouldn't say he will "lose" the right to vote, but after June 19 he will not be able to, just like the rest of the royal family. I didn't know it was a choice though. I thought it was like a "law" or something for the royal family.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:14 PM

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but I could see Daniel taking on health issues such as obesity, staying fit, etc. once he starts taking on royal duties.

I know that would seem too obvious and cliched of him, but if the obesity rate in Sweden is the same as it is in other Western countries, wouldn't that be something he could get involved in?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Aristocracy

I could see that too, it is an important issues, I wonder if this would also included kidney failure, donations and translation (as well as the other organs and tissues as well). It would be an excellent fit, but I worry it may be deemed somethings that is 'too close to home' (as silly as that sounds).
Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
It would be an excellent fit, but I worry it may be deemed somethings that is 'too close to home' (as silly as that sounds).
No, it doesn't sound silly because Daniel may be criticized for taking on an issue that he would just so obviously take on. But at the same time, its obvious in a good way.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Aristocracy

I was also thinking they wouldn't want to draw any more attention to his condition because being congenital and non-hereditary don't usually go hand n hand.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has Daniel completed his 18-month Swedish studies? I remember he has been training for his princely duties.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Has Daniel completed his 18-month Swedish studies? I remember he has been training for his princely duties.
He only started the studies this january so he has about one year left i belive.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I was also thinking they wouldn't want to draw any more attention to his condition because being congenital and non-hereditary don't usually go hand n hand.
Indeed

It would be though a pity, he wouldn´t get into it at all. He could do so much. For transplanted kids for example or in 2011 the World Transplant Games will take place in Gothenborg.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by your post. Congenital means present at birth, but not hereditary. They have nothing to do with one another.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congenital defects can be hereditary, as mentioned in the definition: "of or pertaining to a condition present at birth, whether inherited or caused by the environment, esp. the uterine environment."

Hereditary traits obviously are present at birth, such as eye color.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel has a course of history, Dick Harrison, a professor of history at the University of Lund is giving him private lessons.
Historiekurs för blivande prinsen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

Not all of course, but wouldn't most congenitals be genetically linked? And genetic would mean its possible to inherit. I just wonder because it was stated after the court was questioned about the surgery and not before so the press release could have been something they released last minute.

It's nice to know they aren't using that other historian who has a column in a tabloid
Old 05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, most likely the terms in the press release were used wrong. "Idiopathic" would probably rather meet it.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Commoner

Hi All, maiden post

In all the discussions surrounding the future Prince Consort and indeed in the pre wedding interviews with the couple, I have yet to see it asked if Daniel would be a uniform wearing Prince on official occasions? Surely he will be awarded some orders by the king?

I note that sometimes Prince Carl Philip wears a uniform while other times he appears to wear a dress suit with an order and the blue sash, I wonder if Daniel will do similiarly. Daniel has done his national service in the military I believe and Carl Philip is a Lieutenant in the Swedish Navy, so will it be uniform or civilian formal dress/wear for Daniel?

H.R.H
I am really confused on the this topic, Jenny Alexandersson an Aftonbladet royal reporter in a reply to a question on her blog last week said Prince Daniel will not become HRH, personally I think it would be preposterous if he doesn’t become HRH when you have Her Majesty Queen Silvia and HRH Princess Lillian already in the srf and both of non noble or royal birth. Surely not awarding him the HRH address would undermine the Crown Princess couple right from the start and might be interrupted of his unacceptance by the king and the disapproval of his daughter’s choice of husband?

I do wish those granted interviews with the couple would seek answers to these questions.

Här är kronprinsessan Victorias innersta krets « Hovbloggen

Old 05-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Aristocracy

Well to get the orders of the Seraphim and Polar Star (the two highest ones)you either have to be a non-swedish citizen or a member of the family, and at this point in time Daniel is either. After the wedding he will be apart of the family and thus able to get an order, but until they are legally married he isn't technically family. As far as I know those two are the only two orders of Sweden currently active/in use, although the royal court states that there are other official and quasi official orders such as the Order of King Carl XIII, but I'm assmuing these other orders are 'lesser/lower' orders, more likely medals perhaps?

The link to the court's page on Orders and medals Orders - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would be absurd if Daniel did not become H.K.H. Prince Daniel. For the husband of the Crown Princess to be titled lower than Princess Lilian simply does not make any sense. Once the marriage takes place he is a full member of the royal family and the Swedish Royal Court irregardless of his birth rank. Silvia became H.M. upon her marriage but she of course became the Queen at the same moment.

Tags
daniel westling, prince consort, styles and titles, titles