The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 06-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Just the title of the article tell why they have chose to interview him. "Westling wants to be Fitness King" Its not like DI, serious paper nothing like Expressen and Aftonbladet, runs around interviewing every gym owner in the country. I wonder why he did the interview, surly he dont need the publicity as everyone that is rich enough to train there already knows about his gym by now. Mayvbe he wanted to get a serious message across...

And on a superficial point; the picture does not look very good, it looks like the woman (who is she ) is buttoning her jacket whilst the photo was taken, and Daniel looks like he is playing dress up and has borrowed Victorias glasses... and I accually dont mean it in a very mean way, but every picture we have seen of Daniel indicates he is not a suit and tie kind of man (Well to be fair M-M, Maxima and Mary was not presisly pradasuits, galadress and tiara kind of women before either, I guess one adapts )the whole picture just looks overstaged, its a gym not a wallstreet.
Oh Larzen...I could cuddle you for this post...I agree so much (I only haven´t noticed that the lady-she must be the in the article mentioned Gunnel Edenius -seems to close her buttons...but even here I´m agreeing )
What would the serious message be? That he´s a business man? IMO the harder he tries, the more ridiculous it seems. He can only lose in that game (for the case he wants to become a prince, for the case not, he has an filled bank account). When he started with the gym and when Madeleine (and later Victoria) joined it, Daniel wasn´t directly on the "mount olympus" of Swedish gym owners. So all efforts he does now to convince us, that he´s a business man, let us think of his connection to Victoria. When he would try to seem more like a modest trainer, ppl would say, that he´s *just* a trainer.
So IMO the best would be to come to an end. To marry her. And then ppl at the court could really work with his reputation and could use this magic wand, that the neighbours in Norway have used for Mette Marit (hopefully this wand is able to spirit these nerdy black glasses away )
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Just the title of the article tell why they have chose to interview him. "Westling wants to be Fitness King" Its not like DI, serious paper nothing like Expressen and Aftonbladet, runs around interviewing every gym owner in the country. I wonder why he did the interview, surly he dont need the publicity as everyone that is rich enough to train there already knows about his gym by now. Mayvbe he wanted to get a serious message across...

And on a superficial point; the picture does not look very good, it looks like the woman (who is she ) is buttoning her jacket whilst the photo was taken, and Daniel looks like he is playing dress up and has borrowed Victorias glasses... and I accually dont mean it in a very mean way, but every picture we have seen of Daniel indicates he is not a suit and tie kind of man (Well to be fair M-M, Maxima and Mary was not presisly pradasuits, galadress and tiara kind of women before either, I guess one adapts )the whole picture just looks overstaged, its a gym not a wallstreet.
I think it sounds funny that he wants to be a fitness king. Almost as funny as the photo which you are referring to (http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9508/mtdan1xs.jpg) :P (I'm so mean) Those glasses are not at all flattering. You're right; they probably are Victoria's. She gets them for big events and he borrows them every second weekend.
__________________

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I think it sounds funny that he want to be a fitness king. Almost as funny as the photo which you are referring to (http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9508/mtdan1xs.jpg) :P (I'm so mean) Those glasses are not at all flattering. You're right; they probably are Victoria's. She gets them for big events and he borrows them every second weekend.
But must it be then not real love...can a couple get any closer than through sharing glasses (hm, at once I´ve to think of D&V Beckham, who also shared underwear :p )?!
Well, I think they have both their own pair of glasses (maybe made out of the same plastic). And maybe one of our many Americans on the board could spot now a couple with Osbourne-like glasses , walking hand in hand, when they would look out of the window
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
But must it be then not real love...can a couple get any closer than through sharing glasses (hm, at once I´ve to think of D&V Beckham, who also shared underwear :p )?!
Well, I think they have both their own pair of glasses (maybe made out of the same plastic). And maybe one of our many Americans on the board could spot now a couple with Osbourne-like glasses , walking hand in hand, when they would look out of the window
Sharing underwear? Eww! I wouldn't ever do that. It's like on Jay Leno once. He had these cuttings from magazines and one showed two toilets in the same household bathroom. What the? That was a little off topic. It was pretty funny though. I hope they have a different pair. They are unlikely to have the same eye 'defect'. What about these glasses? I think it would be worse if they wore those. :p
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Daniel having tax problems

Today I couldn´t sleep anymore since 4am...and while eating breakfast, I came across a headline on Daniel...and that at 7:30 am...so it must be big news. Well, maybe they are exaggerating. It´s hard to say, because I´ve no clue of taxes. Taxes is the keyword. It seems Danne is a tax dodger. Daniel and his partner Benny should have set off private spendings against tax liability. E.g. when Daniel moved to Östermalm, he has used Master Training to pay a bill of 6480 SEK. His explanation is, that he had much to do for Master Training in this time, and would have lost time (which let me guess, that the 6480 SEK were for a company, which works with removal)
Benny travelled with his girlfriend to Mallorca and has accounted this as business tour. Further a new years party was accounted via Master Training.
And Daniel and Benny have made presents to customers (fashion from exclusive labels, equipment for golf and skiing)
Daniel has emailed Expressen and has said, that it´s not unusal, that businesses and tax authorities argue differently. He also said, that he won´t file a protest to the tax authorities.
As I get it Daniel has to pay in the future 90000 SEK more of taxes and penalty.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=311183

http://www.expressen.se/expressen/js...y.jsp?a=311185

Lena´s snappish comment of the day: Here one has thought to get through with everything. And as soon as the "goldmine" Master Training is threatened, "one" talks to the "enemy" Expressen
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Ooh, this is big news. Tax evasion is a big issue and Daniel and his partner Benny are bad people. :) Well, I am confused with tax issues so maybe I'm interpreting this the wrong way. Don't they have accountants to do this sort of thing correctly? It seems as if lots of criminals travel down to Mallorca (Mr. Skase was one such figure - is Majorca the same place just with a slightly different name?). Anyway, writing off an obvious holiday in the sun is wrong. This isn't going to be good news for Daniel.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Ooh, this is big news. Tax evasion is a big issue and Daniel and his partner Benny are bad people. :) Well, I am confused with tax issues so maybe I'm interpreting this the wrong way. Don't they have accountants to do this sort of thing correctly? It seems as if lots of criminals travel down to Mallorca (Mr. Skase was one such figure - is Majorca the same place just with a slightly different name?). Anyway, writing off an obvious holiday in the sun is wrong. This isn't going to be good news for Daniel.
Yes, Mallorca=Majorca. Sorry, I should use the international english term. Even though I´m for using the original terms...but this doesn´t help much, when others don´t understand them.
They surely have accountants, but one should mean, they talk with them about such things and should be at least smart enough to look a bit through the system. I guess the accountants have talked to them and have said, that they could get through with it. And I guess then greediness won over reason. This wouldn´t be a problem for the gym businesses, which don´t manage it to get a positive report in Dagens Industri , but a guy like Daniel should try to avoid all possible traps...otherwise he can be sure to be bashed in the media...especially in glassy Sweden, which is neither like Monaco nor like the Cayman islands.
For me this is again a sign, that he hasn´t understood completely, what it means to be a prince. Ok the king also had troubles with traffic laws...but this is IMO a bit stronger AND additionally Daniel also had problems with traffic laws. Further the king doesn´t need to fight for acceptance...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-05-2005, 05:06 AM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Yes, Mallorca=Majorca. Sorry, I should use the international english term. Even though I´m for using the original terms...but this doesn´t help much, when others don´t understand them.
They surely have accountants, but one should mean, they talk with them about such things and should be at least smart enough to look a bit through the system. I guess the accountants have talked to them and have said, that they could get through with it. And I guess then greediness won over reason. This wouldn´t be a problem for the gym businesses, which don´t manage it to get a positive report in Dagens Industri , but a guy like Daniel should try to avoid all possible traps...otherwise he can be sure to be bashed in the media...especially in glassy Sweden, which is neither like Monaco nor like the Cayman islands.
For me this is again a sign, that he hasn´t understood completely, what it means to be a prince. Ok the king also had troubles with traffic laws...but this is IMO a bit stronger AND additionally Daniel also had problems with traffic laws. Further the king doesn´t need to fight for acceptance...
Oh sorry. :( I just wanted to make sure it was the same place because it would be a little embarrassing if I talk about somewhere completely different. Greediness usually wins over reason; it's human nature to want more than you have. Yes, Daniel should have thought about such things. Well, maybe he won't have to worry about giving up his job if he marries Victoria; firstly he won't have a job and secondly he won't have Victoria because he will be in jail. You are right. He's not ready for the responsibility of being a Prince and these crimes are very serious. If he married her and continued on this path, then maybe he would start ripping-off the government.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Ok the king also had troubles with traffic laws...but this is IMO a bit stronger AND additionally Daniel also had problems with traffic laws. Further the king doesn´t need to fight for acceptance...
I cant comment since I dont know enough about taxes, only that it is stupid to think that he can get away with it, and it seems the only times he comes out of his mussel is to promote or defend his golden cow.

Still I think breaking traffic laws is way worse, and its not like the King just parked on the wrong spot, King or personal trainer (sorry VD ), you put other peoples life in danger, wich you dont do with tax questions, but it does but some questions on your judgemnet and moral (or the moral of you accountant)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-05-2005, 05:31 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Oh sorry. :( I just wanted to make sure it was the same place because it would be a little embarrassing if I talk about somewhere completely different.

No need to sorry...the board language is english :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Well, maybe he won't have to worry about giving up his job if he marries Victoria; firstly he won't have a job and secondly he won't have Victoria because he will be in jail.

Well, there are still the caravans for couples in the courtyard of the jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
You are right. He's not ready for the responsibility of being a Prince and these crimes are very serious. If he married her and continued on this path, then maybe he would start ripping-off the government.
Well, then we would have at least again a prince consort like prince Bernhard...who was after all entertaining. I should stop kidding around. Victoria hasn´t deserved such a guy. And I hope this was the last time, that we have heard about Daniel and the law...or even Daniel and Master Training.
BTW I wonder, how the tax authorities really treat Daniel and this case...was this more some kind of "ops, Mr Westling it seems you have forgotten something...please correct that" or was this a case for the police. I guess it would become one, when he wouldn´t pay at once and when he wouldn´t have a good lawyer (???)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I cant comment since I dont know enough about taxes, only that it is stupid to think that he can get away with it, and it seems the only times he comes out of his mussel is to promote or defend his golden cow.

Still I think breaking traffic laws is way worse, and its not like the King just parked on the wrong spot, King or personal trainer (sorry VD ), you put other peoples life in danger, wich you dont do with tax questions, but it does but some questions on your judgemnet and moral (or the moral of you accountant)
Larzenish writing style as its best I would though say, that it takes a bit more "furtiveness" to betray the state, than to press harder at the throttle on the motorway (as much as I know, the king and Daniel "just" drove too fast on the motorway). But you are of course right...when an accident with other ppl involved would happen, than this would be much worse, than a pile of files and some missing money for the state...
When you mention the accountant...wouldn´t they go through all the bills together? How should the accountant know, that Benny was in Majorca, where Daniel celebrated New year and that Daniel moved (and what it costed)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 59
If Daniel is really in trouble with taxes, then this is a bad thing - also for Victoria in a way, because she's next to Daniel. I always wondered why they hadn't married yet, but well... maybe Victoria is frightened of getting in really trouble then and don't wish to marry him soon? It is not the best image for a future queen to have a boyfriend who is in conflict with law...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 AM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,073
If this is true, then it could not speak very well for Victoria. Regardless of the fact that she didn't do anything wrong, her boyfriend did. Maybe she should distance herself for a while.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Has this tax evasion story been picked up or confirmed by other news sources? Does it seem to be a very big deal in Sweden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
If this is true, then it could not speak very well for Victoria. Regardless of the fact that she didn't do anything wrong, her boyfriend did. Maybe she should distance herself for a while.
I think in this case I am not a believer in "guilt by association" for Victoria. It seems clear from the little that has been published or is known about this relationship that Victoria was not involved in Daniel's gym business, that the relationship between V & D was a very personal one. And even though couples must and do talk about their jobs (comes naturally with talking about your day), Daniel would not necessarily have told Victoria about his tax evasion (if it is true) or he and his business partner's money schemes (eg. Benny going to Majorca with his girlfriend and saying that it's a business trip).

I think that for Victoria to distance herself might send a wrong message: That when things get tough for people she cares about in her life, she flees rather than stand by them and support them. And as we are talking about someone who has been in Victoria's life for the past three years, not just a mere three weeks, support is much more needed in this case.

It might also set a standard of precedence: If Victoria's other friends get in trouble with the law will Victoria also flee? (Remember when the tsunami hit and rather than come immediately home from her holidays she carried on? It seems that Victoria has for me certainly, left a bad taste about when bad things happen, she ducks and hides rather than faces the music and lead as a future Queen should and must.)

And it would look particularly bad for Victoria if these allegations of tax evasion turned out to be false and she had distanced herself from Daniel -- it would mean that she never trusted him at all.

I am a big believer in standing by people in your life and being loyal to them, especially when times are tough (as no doubt such a situation must be for Daniel). My friends and I have been friends for more than 21 years and as one of my friends puts it, I would have to murder someone in cold blood in front of her without a sign of remorse before she would give up on me or our friendship.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 AM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
Oh Daniel is prosecuted by the IRS? Thats surely a no reason for a Prime minister if he gets a criminal record for that! And of course for the state treasurer. Well chances for Dennism ?

Hey was this a New Years Party with Victoria? So she is business expenses? sounds interesting...

Maybe Vicky was informed in advance by the states secret service and she stated this split up thing for protection....
__________________
Wanna see a real good movie, just download it:
http://www.archive.org/details/M_
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
As I get it, it´s not a question, if this happened or not, but how the tax authorities will deal with it. Expressen is a trashy tabloid, no doubt, but one can be sure, that stories about tax evasion, misrepresentations in the tax return etc. are true. Such things are simply to easy to find out. And as I´ve explained once before, statements of persons, mentioned with their names are true as well. So one can be pretty sure, that Daniel has sent Expressen an Email. Further DN a newspaper with a better reputation had the story as well.
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.j...usRenderType=6

Now it really depends on the tax authorities, his advisors, his acountant(s) and his lawyers, how and if he gets away with this. My guess is, that he will get away with back pay and some sort of penalty. But I don´t think, that this would mean any further legal problem (criminal conviction etc.) I also don´t think, that this would be a reason for the government to dismiss him as prince consort. This also won´t ruin Master Training. The whole story is just bad for his reputation-very bad.
I agree with Alexandria, she should go on to support him. But for the case she already had doubts (and sees some sort of potential in Daniel to do such things again), (in her position) I would take this as chance to make a "final stroke"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
English article from The Local:

Victoria's boyfriend in tax trouble

Daniel Westling, boyfriend of Swedish Crown Princess Victoria, allowed his company to pay for private expenses including a New Year's party. Now the tax authority has caught up with him, and he faces a penalty tax on 90,000 kronor of his income.

Westling, aged 31 and joint owner of a gym in Stockholm, has been found by the Swedish tax authority to have made a false tax declaration, Expressen reports.

When the tax authority investigated the accounts of Master Training, which Westling owns together with Benny Johansson, it found that they included "business expenses" such as 6,480 kronor described as costs for Westling to move flat, and the cost of a New Year party in Eskilstuna.

Other expenses that caught the taxman's eye were the costs for Benny Johansson to go to Majorca with his partner, which auditors for the tax authority said could not be classed as business expenses.

Daniel Westling told Expressen in an email that it was not unusual for companies to have different opinions to the tax authority over what constitutes deductible expenses.

Now Westling, Johansson and their company face paying a 40 percent penalty tax.

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...f6d20f7ac54551
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
Anyway as a company on shares isn't there a tax advisor necassary to check everything in advance? At least thats law here in Germany. If this guy has mad a mistake I would kick him and sue him for his failure he is hired to prevent this sort of things. If he really gets fined than he has got serious problems and if he marries Victoria and gets prince consort wouldn't that be a sign that tax fraud is like wrong parking? I do not think that the PM would be very keen on that and might have a closer look as tax fraud is very negative for the state.
__________________
Wanna see a real good movie, just download it:
http://www.archive.org/details/M_
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Cissan's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 249
My opinion is that EVERYBODY in Sweden that owns a company "cheats" a little with the taxes and purchases stuff to the company that they're really going to use privately. And since Daniel is not being prosecuted for a tax crime, he can't have cheated very much. Therefore I say, no biggie!

And it seems (from the people I have talked to) that only the media in Sweden cares. We are quite used to people cheating a bit with their taxes, for example our last (socialist) finance minister tried to avoid paying taxes at all. What an example for the people!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
My opinion is that EVERYBODY in Sweden that owns a company "cheats" a little with the taxes and purchases stuff to the company that they're really going to use privately. And since Daniel is not being prosecuted for a tax crime, he can't have cheated very much. Therefore I say, no biggie!

And it seems (from the people I have talked to) that only the media in Sweden cares. We are quite used to people cheating a bit with their taxes, for example our last (socialist) finance minister tried to avoid paying taxes at all. What an example for the people!
I can agree with you about people 'cheating' within their own company (sometimes). Even though what Daniel and Benny are doing is fraud and it's highly illegal, there are companies/organisations that have done much, much worse (e.g., Tyco). I think everyone does something to get in 'trouble' with the tax department at some stage; sometimes it's a genuine mistake and other times it's not. Tax and anything related to business, in my opinion, is impossible to understand, so if you can, you have my utmost admiration. :) Tax to me is like cricket; you can tell me a thousand times the ins and outs of it and I still won't get it.

Cissan, I love your avatar. It brings back memories.
__________________

__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
daniel westling, gym


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Daniel's Background (Family, Education etc.) Yennie Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 63 11-28-2014 01:07 AM
Daniel Ducruet Grace Princess Stephanie and Family 165 03-10-2012 01:00 PM
Do the King and Queen like Daniel? KathaFD Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 25 02-17-2011 02:45 PM
Daniel & Stéphanie.....it Hasn't Been Easy........ michelle Princess Stephanie and Family 41 03-15-2009 12:30 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]