The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2008, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel Westling moves into Drottningholm; June 2008

Aftonbladet/BEVISET: Nu flyttar Daniel in på slottet
Aftonbladet/HÄR ÄR BEVISEN

Now it is official: Daniel Westling is moving to a new apartment at the Drottningholm Castle estates. The King lets him live there from the first of July. Daniel has made a change of address on the 12th June.
Last Tuesday Daniel made a rental agreement. He will have a two rooms and a kitchen apartment (61 square metres) at the Pagebyggnaden (house used by the servants) beside the castle.
At the first of July he can move in to the beautiful red wooden house with leafy garden.

"It´s going to be more official"
- Everyone has known that Victoria and Daniel have basically lived together for a long time. The difference is this new address of Daniel and that it will be more official that they live together, says the court expert Herman Lindqvist.
- The apartment is too small for Victoria, she lives at a wing in the castle. Daniel has for a long time stayed with Victoria when she is home. This will continue now, the difference is that when Victoria is away Daniel will live at the Pagebyggnaden.
Daniel has made a rental agreement. He will pay a rent of 4868 SEK in a month (about 520 euros).
The rental agreement:
Aftonbladet
Aftonbladet
Aftonbladet
The apartment is just a couple hundred metres away from Victoria´s wing.
At the agreement says that even if Daniel and Victoria will separate, Daniel can stay at his apartment until he dies. He can not change the apartment to another at the castle area. The King can fire off Daniel on three month´s notice, if someone at the Royal Family needs the apartment. In that case Daniel must be offered the same kind of apartment nearby.

The court confirms
- It seems that this agreement is made like that it is good for everyone, says Anita Bigosinska, a lawyer from the Swedish Union of Tenants.
The court confirms the move, but not that it contains that Daniel and Victoria will live together.
- No, Drottningholm is big. He will not live at the castle, he will have an apartment nearby at the castle area. I don´t know then he will move, says Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the Swedish Court.

Jenny Alexandersson´s blog/Svensk Damtidning
Jenny Alexandersson is sure that this means that it will be an engagement soon, the King would have never let Daniel move to the castle area, if Daniel and Victoria wouldn´t be serious with the relationship.

Same story:
Expressen/Nu flyttar Daniel Westling till Drottningholm
Nyhetskanalen/Nu flyttar Daniel till sin Victoria

Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

It's kind of looking like something is on the way… possibly an engagement.

It's interesting to note that the apartment will be Daniel's regardless of his situation with Victoria.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

They are taking it sloooooowly, one step after another, aren't they
How nice, now they will travel to Stockholm City every morning together time to make the rest official I'd say. I bet there is an engagement around the corner soon. Finally! If not the King would never have given his OK to such an arrangement.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They are taking it sloooooowly, one step after another, aren't they
How nice, now they will travel to Stockholm City every morning together time to make the rest official I'd say. I bet there is an engagement around the corner soon. Finally! If not the King would never have given his OK to such an arrangement.
I think, that´s what they did already...in the past 3 or so years. Svensk Damtidning´s spies did even illustrate things lyrically...with stories about him stroking her knee, while driving

I´d also say "engagement" until April...otherwise things would get really ridiculous. And if more programmes and columns like "Ers Kungliga Höghet Westling" would come their start would be a lot more difficult.
But as you have said....they are taking things sloooooowly...and if Westling would hang out there until 2010...walking the dog with her and so on...and so on...I wouldn´t be surprised either...

Thank you for the extended report, LadyFinn
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Good for them!
They are acting very, very sensibly - take their time, make sure the relationship works before they make it "official".
I guess an engagement and marriage are the next big things to happen.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
and if Westling would hang out there until 2010...walking the dog with her and so on...and so on...I wouldn´t be surprised either...
Haha that cracked me up Lena
Yes Drottningholm is a big place ... Daniel moving in there doesn't actually mean that they share an apartment ... or even see each other
You are right, at some point things are getting ridiculous, something must happen within the next year.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Haha that cracked me up Lena
Yes Drottningholm is a big place ... Daniel moving in there doesn't actually mean that they share an apartment ... or even see each other
You are right, at some point things are getting ridiculous, something must happen within the next year.
I feel something should have been announced already. Unless there are issues no one knows that needed to be addressed, these two should have been engaged by now. Victoria will be 31 in the next few weeks. They have been together for so long and I am sure the King and Queen realised by now that he is here to stay.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Why should they have been engaged by now? People should only get engaged when and if they feel ready to do so. Clearly they do not, and they are taking time to ensure that the relationship is solid before they make the next step. Perhaps they have learned a lesson from the disaster that was Charles and Diana? In Royal circles, an engagement isn't a trial period--breaking one off is a much, much bigger deal than amongst us regular folk.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Courtier

I bet that an engagement is announced in the Fall - around October or November and then they will get married in the summer of 2009.
It will take that long to set up all of the wedding arrangments.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I bet that an engagement is announced in the Fall - around October or November and then they will get married in the summer of 2009.
It will take that long to set up all of the wedding arrangments.
That was the pattern of Haakon and Mette-Marit when they moved in together. Fall 2000 move in together, December 2000 engagement, August 2001 wedding.

The difference is, of course, that 1) Victoria and Daniel have been together far longer than Haakon and Mette-Marit had and 2) they're not officially living together as Haakon and Mette-Marit did.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

So thry arent sharing rooms correct? Somethings up I Got a lil Excited when I Read this.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
So thry arent sharing rooms correct? Somethings up I Got a lil Excited when I Read this.
Officially, they're not sharing rooms, no. Daniel has his two room apartment in another building, and Victoria has her own wing of the actual palace.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel and Victoria will live separately. Victoria lives in one wing of the castle, Daniel will live in his apartment at the Page House near the castle at the Drottningholm castle estates.
Hello!/Victoria of Sweden's gym-owner love to move into royal palace
Hola!/Daniel Westling, nuevo residente en el Palacio Real de Suecia

Aftonbladet/Experten: De förlovar sig redan i höst
Catarina Hurtig: Daniel is a good representant for Sweden

Daniel Westling´s move to Drottningholm is historical. The royals have traditionally not moved together before marriage.
- He is a pioneer and soon we will see the engagement, says the court expert Catarina Hurtig.
Daniel´s move to an apartment at the castle estates before he and the crown princess are engaged is very uncommon.

Catarina Hurtig says that royals don´t usually live together before marriage.
- I know just one case. It was when Mette-Marit moved to live with prince Haakon. It caused a big outcry and king Harald had to defend his son. He had to say that he believed that it was going to lead to a wedding to settle the people down.

Because Daniel Westling and the crown princess have already lived together, Catarina Hurtig is sure about his role at the household.
- Cooking isn´t Victoria´s strong skills and so Daniel will make their dinners. But he can have some tips from his future father-in-law.

According to Catarina Hurtig Daniel has all the features that are needed to live together with a royal.
- In Europe the consorts have been a sad collection of depressed gentlemen. They have not coped very well of living in the shadow of a woman. But Daniel is a modern swedish gentleman, who will solve the task.

But what does this move mean? Hurtig is assured that there´s only one answer to the question: the engagement.
- Presumably it will happen already in the autumn. It is earlier than expected and then we will have a summer wedding next year.

Catarina Hurtig believes that Daniel Westling will succeed in winning the popularity amongst the people.
- I remember the first time I met him. It was at a wedding and I said hello when he passed me. Daniel just said "no comments". Today he is secure at his role and an excellent representant for Sweden.

Photo of the house where Daniel shall live
Old 06-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hello's article
Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Courtier

I think that a lot of the Royals agendas are hinging on the Olympics in August --- the royal families all attend and root for thier home country's teams. Many of the royals sit on their country's Olympic Committee and thus are very busy up until and into August.
After the Olympics, I wouldn't be surprised to see the engagements of Daniel & Victoria, Zara and Mike and Albert & Charlene (maybe also Nicolaos & Tatiana?) all announced.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Commoner

I think it sounds like a good deal. Daniel and Victoria get to live close to one another, yet can still keep their own private space at the same time. I am totally expecting to hear about an engagement before the end of the year.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Nobility

Cooking isn´t Victoria´s strong skills and so Daniel will make their dinners. But he can have some tips from his future father-in-law.

As if they would be cooking their own dinners. Please.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Serene Highness

Sounds good. All we have to do is wait for the big announcement now!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Nobility

I think that's amazing. They should be proud to be modern and being an almost normal couple (practically) living together before marriage. I know they're not exactly in the same house but this is really a big step anyways, because does anyone really believe that they'll stay apart if they're only a few hundred meters apart? I doubt it. They've just twisted the moving-in-together story so that it doesn't embarass the royal family or the couple.

I also expect an engagement soon. And I expect their wedding to be beautiful. Cheers to Danie and Victoria!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

El mundo/VICTORIA DE SUECIA Y SU NOVIO VIVIRÁN EN PALACIO
Gala/Daniel zieht nach Drottningholm

Tags
daniel westling, palaces, relationships