Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that's why they were chosen, that way every thing is kept quiet until the court says so. Got to hand it to them, it must not be easy to keep quiet! I image then must have all sort of people pushing them for information, all there family, friends, neighbors. Even those who are upset over the cost must be wondering what the dress looks like. As much I dieing to know more details now, the wedding will be more enjoyable with more surprises and making our own guesses (even thought I'm sure I will be way off :lol: ).

I can´t wait for this wedding to come. Only 6 weeks to go...! I am so happy that i will stay at Stockholm form 17th to 20th June. I hope to see the wedding couple and of course some other royals as well.

It is a time honoured tradition that the cameo tiara is worn to get married in. I would have like to see Cp Vickie get married in her mother's beautifully timeless Dior gown that is as modern as the most modern Armani. I think they would have ad to add a piece because Silvia was not as tall as Princess Vickie. I still would have loved to see her in it.Cannot wait to see the wedding cake and all the tiers to it.

It is a time honoured tradition that the cameo tiara is worn to get married in. I would have like to see Cp Vickie get married in her mother's beautifully timeless Dior gown that is as modern as the most modern Armani. I think they would have ad to add a piece because Silvia was not as tall as Princess Vickie. I still would have loved to see her in it.Cannot wait to see the wedding cake and all the tiers to it.
Her name is Crown Princess Victoria or just Victoria if you don't want to use her title.

Her name is CrownVictoria or just Victoria if you don't want to use her title.

I think Vickie is a nickname for Victoria, which is probably why they were using it. Usually in the US the nickname for Victoria is Torie.

The wedding is so close. Victoria must be really nervous by now. Can't wait to see the festivities:flowers:

I think Vickie is a nickname for Victoria, which is probably why they were using it. Usually in the US the nickname for Victoria is Torie.

I've never heard of Torie being the "standard" nickname for Victoria in the States. The standard, go-to nickname for a girl named Victoria is Vicky. Some girls may prefer to be called something else, for example Tori Spelling (her birth name is Victoria). However that's more an exception, rather than the rule.

I do agree with grevinnan though, she shouldn't be referred to as Princess Vickie; that sounds very child-like and infantile, and she's a 32 year old grown woman about to married. Her name is Victoria and that's what she should be called.

I read somewhere that when Victoria was a small she was called Toria, Toja or Oja...:ermm:
I don't know is it true or rumour.

I've never heard of Torie being the "standard" nickname for Victoria in the States. The standard, go-to nickname for a girl named Victoria is Vicky. Some girls may prefer to be called something else, for example Tori Spelling (her birth name is Victoria). However that's more an exception, rather than the rule.

I do agree with grevinnan though, she shouldn't be referred to as Princess Vickie; that sounds very child-like and infantile, and she's a 32 year old grown woman about to married. Her name is Victoria and that's what she should be called.

In California and Texas it's usually Tori/Torie. I can't count how many Victoria's I know and every one of them go by Tori. Most of the Vicky's I know were born with that name and not Victoria. I guess Vicky is more east coast:)

In Sweden her nickname is Vickan.
I'm not sure if that's with her family or with the press though.

Curious, who will be pay for the wedding? I understood that the Danisk and Norwegian weddings were paid for by the family but that the Swedish wedding next month is to be paid for by taxes (the people).

Any solid info/links about this?

In the pre-wedding information thread it was said that Prince Christian will attend the wedding so I am hoping he will be a page boy. I wonder if any other royal children such as Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia will be there? I also think Daniel's niece will be a flower girl. Hopefully she chooses both royal and non-royal godchildren

I believe that Norway has confirmed the attendence of the Haakon and Mette Marit but not IA.
But I do really hope they both will be flower girls.

I wonder if Victoria is going to keep her hair closed or partly open in the wedding, like in some events recently. I absolutely love her hair style like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8YRLOwDIpqg/0.jpg

What do you think? Is it inappropriate to keep hair open like that in the (royal) wedding?
It must depend a lot on the wedding dress she is wearing, at least.

Expressen writes that Daniel's sister's daughters Vera (6) and Hedvig (11) will arrive to the church as flower girls together with the crown princess couple. Also princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands and prince Christian of Denmark will be in this role. Also they write that Daniel's father will keep a speech in the wedding and Daniel's relatives Hugo and Thomas Westling will play violin.

Link to the Swedish article

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Victoria is going to keep her hair closed or partly open in the wedding, like in some events recently. I absolutely love her hair style like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8YRLOwDIpqg/0.jpg

What do you think? Is it inappropriate to keep hair open like that in the (royal) wedding?
It must depend a lot on the wedding dress she is wearing, at least.

I doubt she will wear her hair down and it does depend a lot on the dress, but her hairstyle has to last all day. She most likely will wear an updo so she won't have to worry about the wind, humidity, etc. The carriage ride alone with wreak havoc on her hair...unless she applys a truckload of hairspray.

I doubt she will wear her hair down and it does depend a lot on the dress, but her hairstyle has to last all day. She most likely will wear an updo so she won't have to worry about the wind, humidity, etc. The carriage ride alone with wreak havoc on her hair...unless she applys a truckload of hairspray.

That's true. I didn't think about it. :whistling:

The only problem with the possibilty of an updo, is that if she wears the Cameo Tiara it might not look good.

^^^^^^
I think she would of considered this.
But I hope for an updo and no cameo.

I am with you LumutQueen. An updo without the cameo tiara.

I trust that she has tried out the right hairdo with her intended wedding tiara. So hopefully her hairdress will be knowing what to do next week!

Hair up or down, cameo tiara or fringe tiara, I can't wait!!! I love royal weddings! I sure hope I can get to see it here in sunny South Carolina.:lol:

Any idea on who is going to be Daniel's best man and grooms men

The Spanish court announced that Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Christina and Iñaki Urdangarin will attend the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom