Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and according to the article's illustration, Engsheden also made Victoria's Nobel gown this year - which of course was by Elie Saab. So much for credibility. ;)
The article says that neither the court nor Engheden have confirmed; I do hope someone with more experience and better craftsmanship than Engsheden (or Lars Wallin) will be chosen for the very important wedding dress.

It will be interesting to see who represents the British royal family at the wedding

Likely one of the queens children if they will send a representant at all.
They didn´t when the king turned 60 :sad:

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester represented Queen Elizabeth at the swedish wedding in 1976. Maybe they will travel to sweden again ?

The Duke of Edinburgh has been in sweden on many big royal events but he is very old now so I don´t think he will come to the wedding.

from the continentel royal familys you always see a lot of young members, so i think it would be wonderful if QEII also let the younger generation represent the british royal family.

I'd love to see the queen attend Victoria's wedding. I'm hoping that she surpises us by going.

I don't belive the queen have ever atended a royal wedding outside Great Britan and I don't think she will start now.
I will love to see William, Harry, Beatrice and Euginie in Stockholm in june.

Maybe Prince Charles would go? Didn't he go to the Danish and Spanish CP weddings?

Maybe Prince Charles would go? Didn't he go to the Danish and Spanish CP weddings?
He attended the spanish Crown Princely Wedding but not the danish. From the present Crown Princes Weddings this was the only one he didn't attended as he was present in Brussels 1999, in Oslo 2001 and in Amsterdam 2002. In Amsterdam and Oslo he was joined by the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Camilla hasn't been to any of the big weddings since she married the PoW, has she? It would be appropriate for them to go together, and one of the boys, probably William, who ought to be putting in some "face time" with the other future rulers.

Yes it would be nice to see william joining his father and stepmother on the wedding if Charles is representing the queen. Maybe he will not as Victoria wasn´t at his and Camillas wedding but I hope there is no hard feelings between them.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex is an anoter option.

I wonder if there is a chance that The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will travel to stockholm as they were at the wedding between the king and queen in 1976.

I´d rather see that Lars Nilsson designs her wedding dress. He must be one of swedens most international expreienced designers. He has been designer for Christian Lacroix, Dior, Ralf Lauren and Chief Designer for Bill Blass, Nina Ricci and Gianfranco Ferré.

I guess she will wear the cameo tiara like her mother The Queen, her aunt Princess Birgitta and aunt Princess Desiree Baroness Silfverschiöld did at their weddings.

I can also see Victoria in "stråldiademet". Its quite smaller than the others but it suits her better.

Archbishop of the church of sweden Anders Wejryd will marry the couple and he will be assisted by Chief Court Chaplain Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Dean of Stockholm Åke Bonnier and Bishop of Lund Antje Jackélen.
Is Antje Jackelén the first female priest ever to have an active part in a royal wedding ?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Oh good grief! If the plain monastic look in this mock-up is what they call "Swedish Tradition" then poor Victoria . . . . how absolutely awfully ugly! :shock:

No Victorias wedding dress will defenitley not be like that. It looks like it´s a picture of her mothers wedding dress and Svensk Damtidning had placed Victorias face in it.

I know this is the wedding thread but I had a question about succession rights if they were to divorce without having any children.If both of them remarried and had issue who would have first right of succession- the children of Crown Prince Daniel of Crown Princess Victoria? Since he gets her succession rights on the wedding day does this mean that his Kids would have better sucession rights than hers? That would hardly seem fair...

I know this is the wedding thread but I had a question about succession rights if they were to divorce without having any children.If both of them remarried and had issue who would have first right of succession- the children of Crown Prince Daniel of Crown Princess Victoria? Since he gets her succession rights on the wedding day does this mean that his Kids would have better sucession rights than hers? That would hardly seem fair...
Daniel's children can never gets succession rights from him. They originate with CP Victoria and her lawful husband. If her first child is with a husband subsequent to Daniel that child will have the succession right.

Daniel Westling will become Prince Daniel after the wedding, not Crown Prince Daniel.
Of course he himself does not 'get' any rights of succession to the Swedish throne upon marriage, and therefore none of his children can inherit any succession rights from him.
The children he might have with Crown Princess Victoria inherit HER succession rights.

Daniel's children can never gets succession rights from him. They originate with CP Victoria and her lawful husband. If her first child is with a husband subsequent to Daniel that child will have the succession right.

Daniel Westling will become Prince Daniel after the wedding, not Crown Prince Daniel.
Of course he himself does not 'get' any rights of succession to the Swedish throne upon marriage, and therefore none of his children can inherit any succession rights from him.
The children he might have with Crown Princess Victoria inherit HER succession rights.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it would be something like the Crown Matrimonial that the three current reigning queen's spouses recieved (in each case HIS first born is heir, even if they had divorced and the Queens had produced additional children with subsequent husbands)

That's not the case, the first born child within marriage of the reigning Queen is the heir (Unless it's a girl and the rules state a boy comes first) If the Queen has been married 4 times, the first born of the first marriage is the heir. (With the same exception as above.) (Because she can't be married to more then 1 person at the same time, that's the same as her firstborn child within marriage.)

Josette

Last edited:
Just a question (which we hope never happens). If Daniel should become ill again (just before the wedding) what would happen to all the wedding plans......would they just switch Bride & Groom (Maddie & Jonas) and go on with the wedding (millkions & millkions of dollars are at stake),
and when Daniel recovered they would have the wedding (in the winter) that Maddie & Jonas had planned.
It would be terrible, but I'm sure they must have plan #B to go with

Just a question (which we hope never happens). If Daniel should become ill again (just before the wedding) what would happen to all the wedding plans......would they just switch Bride & Groom (Maddie & Jonas) and go on with the wedding (millkions & millkions of dollars are at stake),
and when Daniel recovered they would have the wedding (in the winter) that Maddie & Jonas had planned.

That sounds VERY strange i think - if god forbid Daniel (or Victoria) would get seriously ill and can´t go through with the wedding on june 19th - i think it would rather be moved to a later date then have Madeleine and Jonas take that date... Fortunatly i don´t think any of this will happen :flowers:

No they would just have Jonas marry Victoria and when Daniel recovers he would then marry Madeline :D Oh, wait this is not the arranged royal marriages of the middle ages:whistling:

It is now 3 months until their wedding! How time flies and I feel like they just announced their engagement yesterday.

I hope Queen Elizabeth goes to the wedding! If not, I am crossing my fingers that Charles and Camilla represents the BRF with William and Harry. I think that the young princes owe some face time with the other royals don't you think?

I hope Queen Elizabeth goes to the wedding! If not, I am crossing my fingers that Charles and Camilla represents the BRF with William and Harry. I think that the young princes owe some face time with the other royals don't you think?

It´s not likely that Queen Elizabeth comes, but i think that it´s a good chance that we´ll see Charles and Camilla. But i don´t think that William and Harry will be there - for some reason the British RF doesn´t seem to like to mingle with their european partners in the same way as the other families do

Just now the geman TV magazine "Leute Heute" made a april's fool joke about the wedding. Vivian Westwood will be the desinger of Victoria's wedding gown and ABBA will be reunite for one gig at the wedding like in 1976:lol:

They do that every year... :rolleyes:
But actually it's a great idea^^ I would love to see that dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom