Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last time, could all the naysayers stop referring to Daniel Westling as the "personal trainer" or the "fitness instructor." It's like they are holding their noses and saying "gadzooks our esteemed Crown Princess is marrying "that gym person." Well, "that gym person" is a gentlemen who has brought more happiness to CP Victoria than all the doubters and snobs put together. He has treated her like a rare jewel and has always been there for her. He does protect her. He has never, ever discussed her with reporters or gossip magazines. For seven years, he has been silent as a stone on the subject of their relationship. No scandal, no embarrassing moments, and except for a tax problem that wasn't, he has not put a foot wrong.

And for those who think he is "uneducated," I call your attention to the fact that he has parlayed one fitness club into a large business with five locations and an investment in Brazil. He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. He is a successful business man who has developed successful business connections. He appears to be well liked by the rest of the royal children and their significant others. He is loyal to his old friends and appreciated by his new ones. He seems to be very welcome wherever he goes.

Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.
Finally someone to tell those people to stop!

It would be adorable if her royal godchildren were bridesmaids and pages! That would include, I think, Prince Christian of Denmark, Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Princess Catharina-Amalia of The Netherlands, and Prince Constantine of Greece. (Princess Eleanore of Belgium, I imagine, would still be too small.)

That would be wonderful if they were flower girls and pages. :flowers:
Eléonore would be two at the time, maybe with a holding hand.

O Yes thats probably more likely wonder if the Princesses will be each others Maids of Honor?

That would be lovely. Somehow I don't think so though. :(

This is correct, and I really hope they wont break the Swedish tradition: the bride and the groom walking together.
Two grown up people who made a common decision to get married, walking together into the church to make their promises in front of God and all the guests...sooooo beautiful and right! :flowers:

When I got married it was no discussion at all about this. I would never ever let my father give me away like something he owned to another man to own. Im not a THING, but a human being, grown up woman... big no no no! (I was 29 -Victoria is going to be 33, 15 years since she turned 18...) ... And to walk into the church on my wedding day together w another man than my husband to be :eek: no way! :eek:
Me and my husband was walking togheter ( bride to the left when you walk in, and to the right when you walk out). This is the Swedish way and tradition.
But I know, some wedding couples in Sweden want the old father to handle over the bride... they have seen movies from USA and GB and other europe and think thats the way to do it, but its totally against the tradition in Sweden. I dont like it. I will be VERY disapointed if Victoria is given away (just listen to how it sounds -given away) by the King...Victoria and Daniel are toghether into this, lets hope they walk together into the church!:king::queen4:

I like the tradition, but a father walking the bride into the church is a wonderful thing aswell. Not a trading or handing over as you suggest. :flowers:

For the last time, could all the naysayers stop referring to Daniel Westling as the "personal trainer" or the "fitness instructor." It's like they are holding their noses and saying "gadzooks our esteemed Crown Princess is marrying "that gym person." Well, "that gym person" is a gentlemen who has brought more happiness to CP Victoria than all the doubters and snobs put together. He has treated her like a rare jewel and has always been there for her. He does protect her. He has never, ever discussed her with reporters or gossip magazines. For seven years, he has been silent as a stone on the subject of their relationship. No scandal, no embarrassing moments, and except for a tax problem that wasn't, he has not put a foot wrong.

And for those who think he is "uneducated," I call your attention to the fact that he has parlayed one fitness club into a large business with five locations and an investment in Brazil. He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. He is a successful business man who has developed successful business connections. He appears to be well liked by the rest of the royal children and their significant others. He is loyal to his old friends and appreciated by his new ones. He seems to be very welcome wherever he goes.

Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.

I agree with everything you say. But it would be hard to as CP Victoria don't you think? :lol:

I am unsure of the wedding ettiquette, historically, of the Swedish Royal Family. So whichever way they pull it together I am sure it will be beautifully done.

In support of the notion of the father walking his daughter down the aisle I have to admit the symbolism is wonderful. Contrary to some poster's view that that treats the bride like property they totally miss the point. Up until the day his little girl marries, a father is responsible for the health and happiness of those that depend upon him. Him! Not the paycheck etc, but Dad, every little girl's hero.

When he walks her up the aisle she is his little girl and he is going to symbolically give her hand in marriage to the man whom she loves. She will always be his little girl but he puts her hand in the hand of the man she loves as a woman. That's not to say that if he doesn't treat his beloved daughter right all bets are off!

As to the Swedish way of church weddings, the more I hear the more I want to know. Swedish royalty? More please. :)

Like MARG, I'm not very familiar with Swedish Royal Wedding protocol, but I would like to know what Victoria will walk down the aisle to. Crown Princess Mary walked to the alter to the strains of 'Zadok the Preist', which was very beautiful. Will Sweden choose something similar?

Well perhaps the fact that Silvia was a commoner led to that decision!
Victoria is a future monarch...

No, it has nothing to do with that! Its the Swedish tradition... bride and groom walking together... "no giving away" just the future husband and wife walking into their marriage together

No, it has nothing to do with that! Its the Swedish tradition... bride and groom walking together... "no giving away" just the future husband and wife walking into their marriage together

Ho old is this tradition because on old footage from the Wedding of Princess Ingrid and the furure Frederik IX. of Denmark i noticed that she arrived together with her father. As the Weddin was held in Sweden the swedish should ahve been followed. And i believe Princesses margaretha and Désirée arrived with their grandfather at Church.

Like MARG, I'm not very familiar with Swedish Royal Wedding protocol, but I would like to know what Victoria will walk down the aisle to. Crown Princess Mary walked to the alter to the strains of 'Zadok the Preist', which was very beautiful. Will Sweden choose something similar?

The Crown Princess will walk down the aisle to a brand new music, composed by her former music teacher, Ingemar Thorell:
Bridal march composed for Crown Princess Victoria's wedding : Entertainment

He composed "The Crown Princess's Bridal March". :flowers:

Ho old is this tradition because on old footage from the Wedding of Princess Ingrid and the furure Frederik IX. of Denmark i noticed that she arrived together with her father. As the Weddin was held in Sweden the swedish should ahve been followed. And i believe Princesses margaretha and Désirée arrived with their grandfather at Church.

OK maybe its different in the royal family...:) but in that case its a new thing there too, because the Swedish tradition of bride and groom walking into the church together is very old.

About 1000 years...

As far as I know its been the tradition at least as long as Sweden been a christian country... from the years between 800-900 (after Chist of course :D)...

In Sweden the "bride give away" thing is a new thing going back just a few decades and just for some and v few people - the majority of the swedish brides are not being given away by their fathers.

But ok, there´s a possibility Im wrong (but im sure Im not :D)... If the tradition of give the bride away is a tradition from the Chatolic church the case maybe was different until 1527... 1527 Sweden took the desition to become a Lutheran protestantic country at the Riksdag in Västerås.
But after that there is no sign of "father gives his daughter away at the wedding" in the servise books of Church of Sweden, from Laurentius Petri's 1571 until 2009...(and same thing in the other churches in Sweden, but they are of course younger) :)

I don't know how reliable this site is but here is an interesting note about fathers giving daughters "away".

CitizenLink: Swedish Church Puts Father of the Bride in His Place

Sorry I know we are not supposed to talk about religion or politics... but the subject came up... and I'll try to "stay on the carpet", but if this is "too much" : feel free to contact me in private...

Yes,grevinnan, this is how many preasts are thinking about this... but on the other hand, Church of Sweden is the former state church and about 80 % of the population are members and many of them are just visiting the church when it comes to baptism, wedding and funeral, so of course, the church want to give the people what the people want and the church of course want make a good impression :)and make people stay as members... :lol:
but most important: want to be a church for everybody...
so... we have to take the good with the bad :)

But the new bishop of Stockholm, Eva Brunne, is defenitly against the "bride given away by her father" thing...

I was wondering how likely it would be for Victoria to have any of her godchildren as page boys and flower girls. I think Prince Christian would be so sweet if he was part of the wedding party. Isn't Ingrid-Alexandra also her god daughter?

ruthieviews

I just read in another royal forum that the Swedish Constitution does not allow the King to grant titles and that he would not be able to declare and appoint Daniel Westling the title of Prince of Sweden. Is this true? If so, who else can do this? What are the consequences for Crown Princess Victoria if he is not declared a Prince of Sweden before they marry?

It will be interesting to see who represents the British royal family at the wedding

How many people can the church hold? That will determine the guest list, I suppose.

Single Ladies dance routine

Daniel, Daniel's dad, Jonas, Prince Carl Philip, King Carl Gustaf should do this:
Single Ladies
For the reception! How fun and surprising would that be?! :lol:

Here is an article saying that P.Christian of denmark son of CP Frederik & CP Mary is an ideal young boy to be one of the bridesmaids (can you say that for a boy). P.Victoria is the godmother of P.Christian and 10 other royal kids.

:previous:

The male equivalent is usually a page boy (or ring bearer in some places). Of Victoria's (royal) godchildren who are old enough to be in the bridal party, Christian and Ingrid Alexandra would probably be the better options in terms of communication - Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are similar so Christian and IA would be able to understand (to an extent) what they would need to do when they are separated from their parents/nannies.

I'd say that Daniel's niece(s) would also be high up on the list of possible flower-girls.

:previous:

The male equivalent is usually a page boy (or ring bearer in some places). Of Victoria's (royal) godchildren who are old enough to be in the bridal party, Christian and Ingrid Alexandra would probably be the better options in terms of communication - Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are similar so Christian and IA would be able to understand (to an extent) what they would need to do when they are separated from their parents/nannies.

I'd say that Daniel's niece(s) would also be high up on the list of possible flower-girls.
Well, kids almost always know how to communicate to each other. They're better than adults.
It would be great to see almost all if not the all her godchildren.

according to BB that Victoria & Daniels honeymoon will last for about 3 weeks and that a location abroad (outside of Sweden) has been choosen already but its kept private.

Article

uffff, they seem to plan EVERYTHING so meticulously and far in advance, almost no spontaneity left. I wouldnt be surprised if they already had planned the conception of their first child, when where at what time.

I wonder if it will be somewhere tropical, or somewhere like africa, I'm sure security and her protection has to be a major factor in such advanced preplanning.

Brazil?

They are probably going to to Brazil. Just a thought.

Maybe use the time to introduce Daniel to her Brazilian side of the family? :whistling:

:swedenflag2: :brazilflag2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom