Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with the possibilty of an updo, is that if she wears the Cameo Tiara it might not look good.

I think Victoria will do something quite special with her hair for her wedding. It will not be put up with just a small chignon at the back, but I think rather a more elegant, larger, weaved, complicated chignon, which will balance the size, weight and shape of the Cameo Tiara (if that's what she wears!). I also think the detail and design of her gown will be in the stitching, how the seems are joined and how each panel of material is cut.

I read in the German Internet, that the train of her dress should be 9,5 meters long!
That would be a quite loooong one.... any confirmations about that?

Bye Bine

Number of invites to royal houses

The Spanish court announced that Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Christina and Iñaki Urdangarin will attend the wedding.

Queen Beatrix, Prince WA, Princess Maxima, Prince Friso, Prince Constantijn, Princess Mabel, Princess Laurentien & little Princess Amalia will be there.

For those of you know...were individual invitations sent to each of these people/couples or is just one invitation sent to the head of the royal house and they decide who will attend?

In the British case, was one invitation sent to QEII and she decided that Edward and Sophie would attend and represent her while the others declined or were individual invitations sent to and declined by the POW & DOC, William, Harry, etc.?

I ask because I don't recall a confirmation for Prince Ali & Princess Rym of Jordan attending, only King Abdullah and Queen Rania. As Ali and Victoria have been fairly close in the past, I would have thought that he and his wife would have received a separate invitation. If so, would King Abdullah have "forbid" them from attending (strange since they attended CG's 60th bday party)? And if they did not receive a separate invite, it seems strange knowing the warm relations with Victoria that King Abdullah would not include Ali and Rym in the Jordanian representation.

Rascal

How long is 9.5 meters?

Is there any rumours about the wedding march (going in and out of the church) they will have? Or any other music in the church?

Crown Prince Frederik and Mary had Zadok the Priest by Händel when going in, and Toccata by Charles-Marie Widor when going out. I think that Victoria and Daniel could also have Toccata, it's quite royal sound and belongs to big weddings in big churches.

The bride will make her entrance with a music especially made for her : "The Crown Princess Bridal march", by Ingemar Thorell. :flowers:

Bridal march composed for Crown Princess Victoria's wedding | Top News

Ok, that's very interesting! :whistling:

The article says: "The piece is infuenced by traditional folk music from the province of Dalarna where Thorell hails from. Fittingly, some ancestors of Victoria's future husband, Daniel Westling, also trace their roots to the region."

That's nice to hear, I like Swedish traditional music... interesting to hear how it comes out... if the royal family finally accepted the march - that's what the article doesn't tell :D

Oh, I searched a bit and I found the bridal march from internet. You can listen it here: Pianoläraren som tar ton för Victoria och Daniel - Gomorron Väst | Sveriges Radio ( go to: Ingemar Thorell - Bröllopsmarsch för Victoria & Daniel )
I have to say it's really Swedish, in good way. I like traditional folk music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom