The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
wok_kym's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: milan, Italy
Posts: 214
Crown Princess Victoria's staff

Does anybody knows who or which are the personnel of Crown Princess Victoria?
I mean if she has a personal assistant; a lady-in-waiting like the Queen, a pr, stylist? I know she has a stylist and I hink i know about the Queen and the King, but I don't know who work for her.
Thanks in advance!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
Does anybody knows who or which are the personnel of Crown Princess Victoria?
I mean if she has a personal assistant; a lady-in-waiting like the Queen, a pr, stylist? I know she has a stylist and I hink i know about the Queen and the King, but I don't know who work for her.
Thanks in advance!
CP Victoria has an aide de camp just like most regents and crown princes. The aide de camps are female military officers that take turns to do the honor.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM
wok_kym's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: milan, Italy
Posts: 214
that s very interesting, thank you!
anybody else works for the Crown Princess?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,051
Crown Princess Victoria was given her own household in October 2004. The Crown Princess's household is headed by the Marshal of the Court, Jörgen Lindström. Crown Princess Victoria has a secretary.
H.R.H. The Crown Princess's Household - Sveriges Kungahus
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,014
Here is an article from 2005 describing the work of the aide de camp.

Victorias tre adjutanter - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Not to be morbid ...

But what happens when the "boss" dies? CG is still young but at some point he will eventually die. At that time, does Victoria's staff then become HM The Queen's Household or does she "inherit" her father's? I would assume the former because they would have been working together...but then what happens to the former king's staff...I'm sure they try and work those folks who still wish to continue working for the court into a new position but there can't necessarily be that many open at any given time...do they just get laid off? I know that the staff of Princess Lilian's household is probably not that large (maybe even only Elisabeth Palmstierna, her longtime companion and Marshal of the Court). Palmstierna is also very old and since Lilian's seclusion may already be "retired". But if there are any others, are they still working/working in another office/laid off?
__________________
"Some people just see what they want to" - Several People...what a load of crap.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,014
Here is the annual report for 2010 and it has excellent descriptions about the organization of the royal court.
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...se2010_eng.pdf
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
But what happens when the "boss" dies? CG is still young but at some point he will eventually die. At that time, does Victoria's staff then become HM The Queen's Household or does she "inherit" her father's? I would assume the former because they would have been working together...but then what happens to the former king's staff...I'm sure they try and work those folks who still wish to continue working for the court into a new position but there can't necessarily be that many open at any given time...do they just get laid off? I know that the staff of Princess Lilian's household is probably not that large (maybe even only Elisabeth Palmstierna, her longtime companion and Marshal of the Court). Palmstierna is also very old and since Lilian's seclusion may already be "retired". But if there are any others, are they still working/working in another office/laid off?
There are several "departments" within the court and the "Household" is one of them. When Victoria ascends the throne the transition will be gradual and orderly. As with any large organization there will not be an drastic change in personnel as experience and expertise is gathered over many years and there would not be practical or logical to replace personnel only because of change in regent.

Over time the staffing will become Victoria's choices but do not expect mass resignations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
wok_kym's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: milan, Italy
Posts: 214
all this articles and documents are very interesting! i have a more clear idea of how it works.
thank you very much
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500


Ditto that. Thank you, grevinnan, for the link. It is a wealth of information including the financial breakdowns. I know that the Swedish royal court used to publish a book (?) each year about the events of the Swedish royal family. Do they still do that? And is this document included in it?
__________________
"Some people just see what they want to" - Several People...what a load of crap.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,051
Svensk Damtidning writes about the work of Victoria´s adjutants. They are "always ready". They hold her bag and hold all the gifts (flowers, drawings, soft toys ...) which she gets from people at her visits. They take care of her flying tickets. When someone calls to Victoria, it´s the adjutant who answers the phone. One adjutant works a month of the year (she has 12 adjutants, two of them help Carl Phiilp too).
The adjutants follow Victoria and Daniel everywhere: to their honeymoon, to their work, to their holidays, they even run with them when they are jogging. The 55-year-adjutant, who was with Victoria and Daniel on their trip to China last year, said that when he was jogging with V and D, he surely felt that he was 20 years older than Victoria.
When an adjutant is on duty, he/she lives in Haga Palace (or where ever Victoria is). Before 2004 Victoria had only three adjutants, but she got more duties and needed more adjutants. Two of her adjutants, both women, have been with her right from the beginning. The adjutants can get quite close to Victoria and appreciate her humour and modest way to act in different situations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning writes about the work of Victoria´s adjutants. They are "always ready". They hold her bag and hold all the gifts (flowers, drawings, soft toys ...) which she gets from people at her visits. They take care of her flying tickets. When someone calls to Victoria, it´s the adjutant who answers the phone. One adjutant works a month of the year (she has 12 adjutants, two of them help Carl Phiilp too).
The adjutants follow Victoria and Daniel everywhere: to their honeymoon, to their work, to their holidays, they even run with them when they are jogging. The 55-year-adjutant, who was with Victoria and Daniel on their trip to China last year, said that when he was jogging with V and D, he surely felt that he was 20 years older than Victoria.
When an adjutant is on duty, he/she lives in Haga Palace (or where ever Victoria is). Before 2004 Victoria had only three adjutants, but she got more duties and needed more adjutants. Two of her adjutants, both women, have been with her right from the beginning. The adjutants can get quite close to Victoria and appreciate her humour and modest way to act in different situations.
You are correct. Victoria now has 12 aide de camps that are assigned one month each around the clock, just like the King's aide de camps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-29-2011, 06:20 PM
wok_kym's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: milan, Italy
Posts: 214
you know that is what is surprising for me, the fact that they rotate. However, thinking about it, even though one month a year seems to me that makes difficult to adjust both for the employers and the employees, it makes sense because following the Princess is a full time job that would prevent anything else in their life and it could be a very damanding and challenging job!
if you guys think or know other reasons why they rotate let me know!

thank you again LadyFinn
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
you know that is what is surprising for me, the fact that they rotate. However, thinking about it, even though one month a year seems to me that makes difficult to adjust both for the employers and the employees, it makes sense because following the Princess is a full time job that would prevent anything else in their life and it could be a very damanding and challenging job!
if you guys think or know other reasons why they rotate let me know!

thank you again LadyFinn
These career military officers maintain their military assignments and roles. When they are on duty as aide de camps they are on duty around the clock for one month. The rotation is probably the best way to both maintain career path and not get burned out by the aide de camp assignment. By being twelve of them there is always a deep base of experienced aide de camps and when a change occurs it will not be so disruptive.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 9: Sept 2012 - dazzling Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 92 04-11-2014 07:03 AM
George I (1660-1727) and Sophia Dorothea of Celle (1666-1726) HMTLove23 British Royal History 34 03-12-2014 04:44 PM
Crown Princess Mette-Marit visit to the USA: October 1 - 2, 2012 fairy tale Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 8 10-08-2012 12:48 PM
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary Official Visit to Brazil; September 16th-21st,2012 ricarda Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 81 10-05-2012 04:15 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007 Lasse Pedersen Current Events Archive 397 03-20-2007 03:19 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena jordans king king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander palace picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]