Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Turkey: June 13-15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
Ankara, TURKEY: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria attends a seminar on Swedish investments in Ankara, 13 June 2005. Victoria is on a three-day visit to Ankara and Istanbul, and will meet Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and other top Turkish officials. The picture is from Getty Images

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Two more from Polfoto

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 413
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 327
Three more from yahoo.com (Reuters)

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 757
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 784
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 879
Last edited:
wonderful photos! thanks for posting them Lena!

Ah, I wouldn´t mind beeing in Turkey right now. Its so rainy and cold in Sweden... lucky Victoria :)

More from Yahoo.com (Reuters)
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul pose before a reception at the Swedish Embassy in Ankara, June 13, 2005. During her three-day visit to Ankara and Istanbul, Victoria will meet Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and other top Turkish officials. In addition, the Princess, accompanied by Swedish businessmen, will attend a seminar on Swedish Investment. REUTERS/Umit Bektas
Strangely the captions all say "four-day visit" but as much as I know it will be only 3 days long, so I´ve corrected that

Attachments

• a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 845
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 809
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Two more from newscom

Attachments

• a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 544
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 339
Yennie said:
wonderful photos! thanks for posting them Lena!

Ah, I wouldn´t mind beeing in Turkey right now. Its so rainy and cold in Sweden... lucky Victoria :)

Yennie,

wanna switch? it has been so hot and humid lately where I live(Ottawa, Canada). it has been like this for almost a week now..it's almost unbearable!! with the humidex its almost 40 degrees! i wouldn't mind some cold and rain right now :)

(sorry..its off topic)

From yahoo.com (reuters)
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan shake hands in Ankara, June 13, 2005. During her three-day visit to Ankara and Istanbul, Victoria will meet Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and other top Turkish officials. In addition, the Princess, accompanied by Swedish businessmen, will attend a seminar on Swedish Investment.

Attachments

• a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 808
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:
victoria looked gorgeous in the last pics. that skirt and jacket really suited her. are them new? don't remember seeing them on her.

It is nice to see that some of her Ausie clothes are making a come back. :D

I love the white dress, its so young and soft, which Victoria should do more..

Is there something in the air, that as soon as Victoria is out if Sweden she dresses much better....

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BOTH THINGS LARZEN!!

she dresses a lot better when she goes out and this dress was lovely. i really hope she wears it more often. perhaps she doesnt because of sweden's cold weather?

Aww, now doesn't Victoria look lovely! :) I don't like the suit she's wearing in the first lot of photos, but that dress and top is very nice.

I am willing to swap places with anyone who wants to experience "the Sydney winter". Honestly, it's pathetic. Not only is it 20°+ (I would say about 23), there is a hot breeze too. How nice! :rolleyes:

Danielle said:
Aww, now doesn't Victoria look lovely! :) I don't like the suit she's wearing in the first lot of photos, but that dress and top is very nice.

I am willing to swap places with anyone who wants to experience "the Sydney winter". Honestly, it's pathetic. Not only is it 20°+ (I would say about 23), there is a hot breeze too. How nice! :rolleyes:

Hm, Sydney-winter is warmer then the weather in Ankara. Today (well, now yesterday) they had only 22 °C max. This is colder than here in Vienna (we had a fast change to hotter temperatures) I feel pity with those ppl, who spend their holidays in Turkey and who have to face such temperatures right now. Well, maybe it´s warmer in the tourist resorts.

Victoria looks radiant and very feminine in that dress.:)

Danielle i'm also very furious with the weather. Here in Florida, June usually starts the hurricane season (knock on wood-after the devasting effects of last years season) and so far it has been raining for the past 4 days straight and the same thing is predicted in for the next 10 days in the forecast. To add insult to injury,the rain also causes humidity so it is hot and sticky after it rains. The rain hinders the day's activities and when it does (temporarily) stop it is so icky that no one goes outside.:mad:

Lena said:
Three more from yahoo.com (Reuters)

Love that second photo. What a smile. Thanks for the photos. I like the white outfit too. We had a heat index of 125 F(52 C) today. That is not so good.

From Fotomarktplatz

1 Crown Princess Victoria visits the mausoleum of Ataturk in Ankara , Turkey , on Tuesday , 14 Jun 2005.

2 and 3 Swedish Crown Princess Victoria waves as she arrives in Ankara , Turkey , Monday 13 June 2005 , for a four-day visit in Turkey. The Crown Princess will meet Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and other top Turkish officials and also attend a seminar on Swedish Investment.

Im not very fond of the arrival jacket, it reminds me of toothpaste

And should she have some free time on her hands when she returns from Turkey she can visit this link
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/catC9.jhtml?itemId=cat000269&parentId=cat000266&masterId=cat000258&cmCat=&size=&sort=

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Outfit

I love the white outfit on her - very summer-like. :)

2-4+7: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan pose in front of a picture of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, founder of modern Turkey, and former King of Sweden Gustaf VI Adolf at the Swedish Embassy in Ankara, June 14, 2005. Swedish Crown Princess Victoria's great grandfather King Gustaf VI Adolf visited the Turkish capital in 1934 when he was a Crown Prince. King Gustaf VI Adolf met Ataturk at the Swedish Embassy's garden and posed to photographers where Erdogan and Victoria pose on Monday. REUTERS/Umit Bektas

1+8+9: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden visits the Mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, founder of modern Turkey (Reuters & Polfoto)

6: Victoria in front of the Swedish embassy in Ankara

5+10:
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, right, smiles after she presented two Turkish students, Ozge Yuce, left, and Zeliha Aydin, center, with a Swedish-Turkish Scholarship for Human Rights Law in memory of the late Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh at the Swedish embassy in Ankara, Turkey Tuesday, June 14, 2005 (Polfoto)

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 340
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 390
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 848
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 365
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 385
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 268
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 288
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 401
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 419
  • a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Blue skirt

Thanks for posting the pictures :) Victoria looks very happy and relaxed. What do you think about her blue skirt? In my opinion it does not fit her as good as the white suit she wore yesterday. It seems a little too wide.

Picture special

Ahhh, there is a picture special in Expressen today about Victorias turkey-trip. There are some interesting pictures, but I have not found out yet how to post them, sorry. :confused:
You can see the pictures at www.expressen.se

I notice that Victoria wears her watch on her right hand -- is she left handed?

Thanks for the photos. :)

Emily said:
I notice that Victoria wears her watch on her right hand -- is she left handed?
Correct me if I'm wrong (there's only one other option :p), but I thought she was right-handed. I have noticed that a fair few people do wear their watch on the other hand to what they write (etc.) with.

Thanks for all the photos. I like the sky blue color on Victoria, however the suit is a bit too bulky if the jacket was more tailored she would've looked superb. Her smile is delightful as always.

I really like white dresses its really feminie! but its cool dresses

Sara Boyce

Alisa said:
Thanks for all the photos. I like the sky blue color on Victoria, however the suit is a bit too bulky if the jacket was more tailored she would've looked superb. Her smile is delightful as always.

Yeah, true. It´s a great color. Her smile is always indeed.

"Im not very fond of the arrival jacket, it reminds me of toothpaste"

ha ha ha. :)

She looks so happy and excited in those pictures. She has such a great smile! I think she is a royal who really enjoys her job and traveling. I would love to go to Turkey - I can speak a little Turkish and I want to try it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom