Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Italy: January 29-31, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daddo89

City
Messina
Country
Italy
Crown Princess Victoria will receive on 30th January in Messina, Italy,(my city!!) the Prize of "Foundation Bonino-Pulejo",for her support to dislexia. She will visit the "Istituto Don Orione", a centre for differently abled children, and will also visit the famous tourist town of Taormina.

For The Crown Princess of Sweden beginning her visit to a foreign country, this overall appearance is quite a disappointment... as a matter of fact, it would be rather too shabby even for someone in her entourage.
Nondescript, dull and dreary pant suit and blouse, no hairdo, no make up... if I was a host and expecting a Princess, I would look past her trying to find one.
She doesn't have to be a fashion plate by any means, but allowing herself to look as if she doesn't bother to make any effort at all is not appropriate.

For The Crown Princess of Sweden beginning her visit to a foreign country, this overall appearance is quite a disappointment... as a matter of fact, it would be rather too shabby even for someone in her entourage.
Nondescript, dull and dreary pant suit and blouse, no hairdo, no make up... if I was a host and expecting a Princess, I would look past her trying to find one.
She doesn't have to be a fashion plate by any means, but allowing herself to look as if she doesn't bother to make any effort at all is not appropriate.
CP Victoria has plenty of presence and charisma - no one will ever miss her in a crowd. There are pleny of photos from this visit that shows a well cut suit and she most certainly has make up on. She does thankfully not show up with her face painted on. She obviously loves her hair in a ponytail whether it is considered CP like or not.

Today I was at the ceremony of the prize "Bonino-Pulejo" in Messina, and I reached to do some photos to HRH Princess Victoria!!:)
Unfortunately, just one is good, because of the crowd that surrounded the princess!

She looks lovely in that photo, daddo89! Thanks for sharing. Lucky you, to have been there.

Thanks to all for the information and links to the beautiful pictures. The crown princess looks lovely during her visit in Italy.

She looked lovely during the prize ceremony. I loved the black and white lace jacket. A much more princess-like appearance. Does anyone know if she spoke Italian during her speech?

She looked lovely during the prize ceremony. I loved the black and white lace jacket. A much more princess-like appearance. Does anyone know if she spoke Italian during her speech?

No, she doesn't. She spoke english, and the only word she said in italian was "Grazie", i.e. "thanks".

What was the content of her acceptance speech?
I can imagine that she might have said something noteworthy apart from the usual "I feel grateful and honered" etc., because the issue of dyslexia is of rather personal nature to her. It would be great to know if it was an interesting speech.

What was the content of her acceptance speech?
I can imagine that she might have said something noteworthy apart from the usual "I feel grateful and honered" etc., because the issue of dyslexia is of rather personal nature to her. It would be great to know if it was an interesting speech.

The speech was interesting, and funny too!
Naturally, she thanked for the prize (she said that it was actually her first prize), and said something about the dyslexia. She was very moved. Then, she added that, before her departure from Sweden, she had known about the earthquake that destroyed Messina in 1908, so, to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of the tragic event, she took with her a little bag with a handful of swedish earth, and gave it to our mayor, because of the friendship between Sweden and Sicily. After the applause for this present, she added " I'm not giving you all Sweden, just a little bit of earth!!", and, of course, everyone started laughing, princess included!
She was very beautiful, elegant, very kind and definitely not "posh" as everyone could think about a princess. (She was so kind, that when I asked her to turn round for a photo, she did it!!! In fact, the picture you can see above is the result of my request!!:D)

Thank you for your first hand account!
This sounds very charming indeed, although I would have expected her to maybe speak a little more in-depth about dyslexia and/or her own experiences with it.

The most interesting thing is that I live in Italy and I read newspaper and follow the news in TV, but I've known only now that Victoria is in Italy...I hate italian medias!

The most interesting thing is that I live in Italy and I read newspaper and follow the news in TV, but I've known only now that Victoria is in Italy...I hate italian medias!

I've noticed the same thing. In italian's most important newspapers and TV channels there was any kind of news about it, but I tought that it was an important one. I've heard of it just in the media of Messina...

She looks really beautiful in the photos taken during the day. I am pleased to see her in such a nice bright color. I love this photo:

ANP Beeldbank

She looks so contemplative. Thank you for the links, LadyFinn!

Thank you for the links Lady Finn they are wonderful pictures.
There is something about Victoria, she seems always calm and peaceful.

x

Italian medias wake up! 30 minutes ago I've seen a report about her visit in Italy watching the news...it's the first time in italian medias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom