The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Italy; January 29-31, 2009

Crown Princess Victoria will receive on 30th January in Messina, Italy,(my city!!) the Prize of "Foundation Bonino-Pulejo",for her support to dislexia. She will visit the "Istituto Don Orione", a centre for differently abled children, and will also visit the famous tourist town of Taormina.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Victoria visits Sicily Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria during a visit at the Grec theater in Taormina.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria arrives to Catania airport
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Her hair is a real mess.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Victoria Of Sweden Visits Sicily - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

For The Crown Princess of Sweden beginning her visit to a foreign country, this overall appearance is quite a disappointment... as a matter of fact, it would be rather too shabby even for someone in her entourage.
Nondescript, dull and dreary pant suit and blouse, no hairdo, no make up... if I was a host and expecting a Princess, I would look past her trying to find one.
She doesn't have to be a fashion plate by any means, but allowing herself to look as if she doesn't bother to make any effort at all is not appropriate.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from Prisma
Derechos Portugal: Victoria de Suecia de visita en Messina, Italia - Agencia Prisma

Princess Victoria Of Sweden visits Sicily - Day 2

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is awarded the International Prize Bonino 2009, in recognition of the Crown Princess commitment to dyslexia issues. The Prize ceremony was held today in Messina, Italy.

Gallery Getty

Gallery Zimbio Day 2
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/BccVD...+Visits+Sicily
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
For The Crown Princess of Sweden beginning her visit to a foreign country, this overall appearance is quite a disappointment... as a matter of fact, it would be rather too shabby even for someone in her entourage.
Nondescript, dull and dreary pant suit and blouse, no hairdo, no make up... if I was a host and expecting a Princess, I would look past her trying to find one.
She doesn't have to be a fashion plate by any means, but allowing herself to look as if she doesn't bother to make any effort at all is not appropriate.
CP Victoria has plenty of presence and charisma - no one will ever miss her in a crowd. There are pleny of photos from this visit that shows a well cut suit and she most certainly has make up on. She does thankfully not show up with her face painted on. She obviously loves her hair in a ponytail whether it is considered CP like or not.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria is welcomed by Father Don Felice, the founder of Istituto Don Orione, a center for disabled people at Messina, Sicily.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

nyheter24/Victoria hyllas för sin dyslexi
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Purepeople
Victoria de Suède en Sicile : plutôt vacances ou plutôt boulot ? Difficile Ã* dire...
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM

Today I was at the ceremony of the prize "Bonino-Pulejo" in Messina, and I reached to do some photos to HRH Princess Victoria!!
Unfortunately, just one is good, because of the crowd that surrounded the princess!

Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 PM

And here other "official" pictures!

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Gentry

She looks lovely in that photo, daddo89! Thanks for sharing. Lucky you, to have been there.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Victoria attend the Bonino Prize Ceremony in the Cathedral 31 January « Myroyal’s Blog
Old 01-31-2009, 03:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos:
Zimbio - Princess Crown Victoria Of Sweden Visits Sicily - Day 2
Old 01-31-2009, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks to all for the information and links to the beautiful pictures. The crown princess looks lovely during her visit in Italy.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

She looked lovely during the prize ceremony. I loved the black and white lace jacket. A much more princess-like appearance. Does anyone know if she spoke Italian during her speech?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
She looked lovely during the prize ceremony. I loved the black and white lace jacket. A much more princess-like appearance. Does anyone know if she spoke Italian during her speech?
No, she doesn't. She spoke english, and the only word she said in italian was "Grazie", i.e. "thanks".
Old 01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

What was the content of her acceptance speech?
I can imagine that she might have said something noteworthy apart from the usual "I feel grateful and honered" etc., because the issue of dyslexia is of rather personal nature to her. It would be great to know if it was an interesting speech.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria during her visit to the volcano Etna on Sicily, Italy, January 31th.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria on her hotel balcony with the volcano Etna in the background
ANP Beeldbank
Old 01-31-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
What was the content of her acceptance speech?
I can imagine that she might have said something noteworthy apart from the usual "I feel grateful and honered" etc., because the issue of dyslexia is of rather personal nature to her. It would be great to know if it was an interesting speech.
The speech was interesting, and funny too!
Naturally, she thanked for the prize (she said that it was actually her first prize), and said something about the dyslexia. She was very moved. Then, she added that, before her departure from Sweden, she had known about the earthquake that destroyed Messina in 1908, so, to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of the tragic event, she took with her a little bag with a handful of swedish earth, and gave it to our mayor, because of the friendship between Sweden and Sicily. After the applause for this present, she added " I'm not giving you all Sweden, just a little bit of earth!!", and, of course, everyone started laughing, princess included!
She was very beautiful, elegant, very kind and definitely not "posh" as everyone could think about a princess. (She was so kind, that when I asked her to turn round for a photo, she did it!!! In fact, the picture you can see above is the result of my request!!)