Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to India: October 14-26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Princess Victoria arrives to Sheraton New Delhi for a meeting with Mr. Rahul Gandhi, grandson of India's assassinated Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria with Mr. Rahul Gandhi
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria looks nice and no ponytail! :flowers:
Sweden India Nobel Memorial
Crown Princess Victoria at the prize ceremony of Nobel
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria together with R.S. Jaura, Chairman Minister of State Rank and Former Minister of Defence D.D. Singh with his wife at the prize ceremony
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria handing over prize, a trip to Sweden, to winner of Nobel Quiz to Rahul Singh, Haripriya and Vaibhav Devanathan from Mubai. On scen also Swedish ambassador in India Lars Olof Lindgren
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria looks very lovely.
Photos from the visit:
Bunte

More photos:
Belga
Belga
Belga
Victoria and Col. J.J. Singh, ex army chief with wife
Belga

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she's certainly keeping busy isn't she?!
It's great to see Victoria 'translate' her role to India - her events seem to be really valuable

Victoria looks great - very beautiful and always smiling.. :)

Victoria looks amazing in those white pants and lovely in the Black later that evening she has looked amazing this entire trip so far .

IMO a cleaning lady hair clip is something, a princess shouldn´t wear. It seems to be a recent habit (as change to the ponytail, I guess), she should get rid of.

Further b/w and brown seems to be the motto for this trip. Unusual choice for India, which is known for its wonderful bright colours.

Tonight´s blouse/jacket looks nice though...

I´m still missing a programme...a real "red" line through things. And I am still hoping, we can skip "spinster in front of Taj Mahal"

:verysad:
https://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=8479284&pos=2https://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=8479284

Victoria looks lovely in the front of Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is such a wonderful building.
Here Victoria is shown inlay work detail on the Taj Mahal in Agra.
ANP Beeldbank

Great pics in front of the Taj Mahal!! hope to see more!

Princess Victoria is lucky to make this trip! India seems to be a beautiful country!

I think we got the photo we had expected. But no ponytail (surprise, surprise).

Her style in these days is really beautiful. The outfit with the white trousers is my favourite. I really enjoy her visit to India. Unfortunately we don't get a programm in detail, but so there is always a litte surprise. She will stay in India up to next sunday, right?

Yes, Victoria will stay at India until next weekend.

She visit Pune (tomorrow) and Mumbai(Bombay) and Jodhpur. See me link above with program from Embassy of Sweden.

Why are you crying, lena :lol:.
Are you missing a special male person in that pic?
I still remember Haakon&MM posing on that bench infront of the Taj Mahal (these were quite romantic pics).

Anyway: Great pics of Victoria in India.
It's great to see she recycled the Escada dress she wore in Oslo!

Why are you crying, lena :lol:.
Are you missing a special male person in that pic?
I still remember Haakon&MM posing on that bench infront of the Taj Mahal (these were quite romantic pics).

Of course...my inner mind was drawing sooooo beautiful images...Victoria sitting on the bench alone doing the silly grin, she had done today, suddenly someone would stand behind her and would put his hands in front of her eyes. This someone would have showed the photographers to be silent. Then Victoria would have been a little frightened, would turn around and would see the face of certain someone. She would beam, they would hug and would get pics together on the bench done. :wub:
Would have there been an easier way of acceptance...and easier way of cashing 100000000000000000 bonus points at once than a romantic surprise visit?

Am I a hopeless case, because I still want this sweet ending after 7 years?

Sadly it was inevitable, not like she should could say 'No I pass, I want to come back with Daniel someday.' Well technically she could've..

What is she wearing on her feet,?? Is that traditional???

No, a measure of protection ;) Shoes would probably damage the marble too much...besides there seems to be a religious tradition
The tradition of removing the shoes before climbing the marble platform originates from pre Shahjahan times when the Taj was a Shiva Temple. Had the Taj originated as a tomb, shoes need not have to be removed because shoes are a necessity in a cemetery.

Does anyone know how her visits to the Swedish companies in India went? I would like to see photos, or a report of what she did during her visit to their offices. I imagine that the people were thrilled to have the chance to meet her.

Of course...my inner mind was drawing sooooo beautiful images...Victoria sitting on the bench alone doing the silly grin, she had done today, suddenly someone would stand behind her and would put his hands in front of her eyes. This someone would have showed the photographers to be silent. Then Victoria would have been a little frightened, would turn around and would see the face of certain someone. She would beam, they would hug and would get pics together on the bench done. :wub:
Would have there been an easier way of acceptance...and easier way of cashing 100000000000000000 bonus points at once than a romantic surprise visit?
Oh, what a wonderful idea...I would have loved that too. :wub: But I guess anything like that would neeeever happen. :ermm: So let's just hope Victoria won't be "Spinster before Taj Mahal" (what a hilarious title!:D) in ten year's time.

Still some photos:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Hola!/Victoria de Suecia, cautivada por la belleza del Taj Mahal

Crown Princess Victoria is seen receiving a scarf by Mayor Mrs. Rajlaxmi Bhonsle during the offcial welcome ceremony in the Aga Khan palace in the city of Pune, India, October 20, 2008.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
What a beautiful scarf!
Victoria during the welcome ceremony the hotel in the city of Pune
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria in Pune
Getty Images -gallery

Hola!/LA PRINCESA VICTORIA, TRAS LOS PASOS DE SUS PADRES, LOS REYES DE SUECIA
Hola!/Photos
Crown Princess Victoria together with headmaster Ashok Pathil and the Swedish Ambassador to India Lars-Olof Lindgren during a performance by the students of the Vikhe Pathil Memorial School in the city of Pune.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Thank you all for the beautifull pictures of Victoria in india.

victoria Looks so Lovely she seems to be having a great time

Back
Top Bottom