The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2003, 07:01 AM
Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Cairo, Egypt; November 17-21, 2003

it begins on Monday and ends on friday....

Old 11-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
M 17-Fre 21/11
Besk vid "The Millenium Development Goals- A Tool for Development" en workshop arrangerad av UNDP (United Nations Development Program)
Kairo
Kronprinsessan
Five (5) days in Cairo !!!

Should be a lot of functions in the evenings for her to attend. Can anybody dig up a program ?

When (on what date) is she flying off to Cairo (from Madrid) ?

Old 11-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I dont think that there will be galas etc. I guess there will be rather hundreds of pics, which show Victoria cuddling with underprivileged/poor kids...similiar to the pics, which were made in Jordan 2001. And/or maybe pics, which show her in business suits.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

I would imagine there will be at least one gala ..... people are the same around the world, rubbing shoulders with royalty is everyone's ambition. :flower:
Old 11-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Maybe one gala or two. But I'd imagine that she will be hanging out with a lot of poor and sickly children as well.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

(the seed has borne fruit ..)...... will we see Victoria in a hairstyle other than a ponytail on this engagement ?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 11:34 am
(the seed has borne fruit ..)...... will we see Victoria in a hairstyle other than a ponytail on this engagement ?
Since we are playing hair dresser here, I'd like to see Victoria sporting some loose curls for some semi-formal event. And if she has an evening event, how about a French twist?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice ideas Alexandria!
But I like this hair style in the pictures too, and it doesnt seem to be elaborate/compliceted to do.
But I fear this will be a very boring study-week...no galas, no casual Victoria with poor kids, and maybe even not pics of Victoria at the pyramids. But we will see...
Old 11-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you're right, Lena, if Victoria is visiting impoverished towns or less fortunate kids, it wouldn't be very politically correct for her to show up all dolled up and done to the nines in her finest hair and wear, would it?

Maybe she can save the curls and French twist dos for pre-wedding and wedding festivities for Frederik and Mary or Felipe and Letizia.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

A 'French twist' .... nice.

Wonder what a Swedish twist looks like ? :)
Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:06 pm
A 'French twist' .... nice.

Wonder what a Swedish twist looks like ? :)
a swedish twist is a pony-tail :P
Im not 100% sure, but isnt a french twist that, what was typical for Grace kelly???
And why are they drinking water/soda out of wine-glasses (water as "decoration" as long as the photographers are there?)???
Old 11-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Courtier

When I attend benefits here (US), or even just a more formal business meeting, we drink water from glasses like those in the pictures, but we call them water goblets...wine glasses are a bit smaller.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:23 pm
...wine glasses are a bit smaller.
Not "my" wine-glasses :P
Old 11-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Courtier

OKay well then let's go with "formal" wine glasses, used at hotels and what not, because I honestly don't think my personal wine glasses (not that I can use them yet )are much smalled then these either...
Old 11-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:29 pm
OKay well then let's go with "formal" wine glasses, used at hotels and what not, because I honestly don't think my personal wine glasses (not that I can use them yet )are much smalled then these either...
good compromise
Old 11-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 18th, 2003 - 12:21 pm
a swedish twist is a pony-tail :P
Good one!

Quote:
Im not 100% sure, but isnt a french twist that, what was typical for Grace kelly???
I think Grace Kelly ususually wore a chignon as opposed to a French twist. Chignons were very much the rage in the fifties and sixties. Jacqueline Kennedy often wore them, too, even with her short bob.

(Aren't Felipe, Frederik, Haakon, et. al lucky to never have to think about whether they should wear their hair in a French twist or a chignon or a bun?! All they have to do really is wash and brush their hair so that it's not all mussed up -- although Hugh Grant has made the tousled, bed head look very popular for men&#33
Old 11-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Courtier

All men are lucky...especially when it comes to preparing themselves for special events...let's face it, they have to shower, brush their hair and take a whole 10 minute (maybe not even that), to pick a suit and dress. Women have to shower, blow-dry, style, find the appropriate outfit, find appropriate accessories, make-up...the list can go on and on and on....I think I might actually be jealous!

And men wonder why we shop...look at everything we must wear to any given event!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

...and if the woman is accompanying her husband, has to find time to 'dress' him as well.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Yes, yes. I'm not one to complain. I like the casual look there. Bottled water too.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Hee hee hee, so true Alexandria!!! So so true!

Tags
crown princess victoria, egypt, official visit