Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australian

Heir Presumptive
City
Perth
Country
Australia
I just read that CP Victoria will be in Australia in March for a month! yay!
The danish royal state visit will also be in Australia at the same time

So Australia will play host to three scandinavian royals at one time!

welcolme to Australia- Sweden!

"AUSTRALIA is expecting a double dose of Scandinavian royalty in March
with Sweden announcing a visit by the heir to the Swedish throne, to
coincide with that of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik of
Denmark.

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will visit in
March for Swedish Style in Australia, a month-long celebration to
highlight Sweden's excellence in design, fashion, music, travel,
environmental sustainability and food.

The Danish Royal couple will visit Sydney from March 2, attending
various gala charity events.

The week of public engagements will include attending celebrations
for the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen
at the Danish-designed Opera House on March 7, before sharing a week
of private time with Princess Mary's family and friends.

The Swedish events, initiated by the Embassy of Sweden in Canberra,
aims to create new, and deepen existing, relationships between the
two countries.

Confirmed events include gala dinners, design exhibitions, a
performance of the ABBA musical Mamma Mia and a concert with pianist
Robert Wells, opera soprano Katarina Fallholm and Swedish pop star
Meja.

Karin Ehnbom-Palmquist, ambassador of Sweden to Australia, welcomed
the event, which will launch in Melbourne on March 10 and in Sydney
on March 16.

"Yes, it is true, Swedes love Australia," Mr Ehnbom-Palmquist said in
a statement.

"And yes, we do know Australians love ABBA and Bjorn Borg, but for
the first Swedish Style in Australia ever, we invite Australians to
experience modern Sweden in a range of exciting fields."

This is exciting - all of a sudden Australia is getting royal visits. I hope there's a lot of media coverage (I'm sure there will be for Mary and Frederik, at least). All we need is Haakon and Mette-Marit to tag along for a Scandanavian trifecta!

as this was a thread about victoria I moved it to her foryum I also changes the title becouse a state visit can only be made by her mom and dad, the king and queen

OH, that will be great! Will she meet the danish royals?
Where is she going, Sydney, Melbourne...?

Australian said:
I just read that CP Victoria will be in Australia in March for a month! yay!
The danish royal state visit will also be in Australia at the same time
do you think Victoria will find something special under the "Australian tree" like Frederik did ?

lol i dont think so, hasnt she already got a boyfriend?

I think they are going to be meeting up. I can't remember where I read that, though. I know Mary and Frederik are going to be in Sydney so Victoria will probably be there as well.

3 Scandinavian Royals in Sydney at the same time! Lucky Sydneysiders!

I just read that besides Mary, Fredrick and Victoria- Prince Charles is coming too and Ariel Sharon and Tony Blair.

Sydney's royal summer
December 20, 2004

IF a Tasmanian real estate agent can snare a Scandanavian royal, then surely there's a chance for Sydney's bachelors.

In March, one of the most eligible women in the world will arrive in Sydney to enjoy our sun.

She is a young, beautiful Nordic princess and she is the first woman to be heir to the throne of Sweden.

More importantly, 27-year-old Crown Princess Victoria isn't married - though she does have a boyfriend.

Escaping the miserably cold climes of a European winter, she won't be alone among her class.

No less than four members of three different royal families, a political heavyweight and a Prime Minister's wife will be fleeing the northern chill for a Sydney summer break, all within a two-week period at the end of February and early March.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Prince Charles is now confirmed to be planning a trip Down Under - his first in more than 10 years.

Royal sources confirmed the trip is being planned although the Prime Minister's office would not comment.

The visits will pose a security headache for authorities here, as they attempt to look after the rich and powerful in different locations around the country at any one time.

This is compounded by the fact controversial Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is also planning to come to Australia during that period.

But first to arrive will be British Prime Minister Tony Blair's wife Cherie for a speaking tour of Australia from February 8.

Princess Mary (formerly Donaldson) and hubby crown prince Frederik of Denmark will lead the royal charge arriving on March 2.

It will be the first time she has returned home as a bonafide royal since her wedding earlier this year.

Mary and Frederik are planning a number of official functions including a Red Cross ball.

Prince Charles' entourage is expected to include a personal security adviser, a personal secretary, a surgeon, a butler, a cook and a valet.

It is also rumoured he will bring an artist to record his trip. It is not known whether Camilla Parker Bowles will be accompanying him on the tour.

The Daily Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
Australian said:
IF a Tasmanian real estate agent can snare a Scandanavian royal, then surely there's a chance for Sydney's bachelors [in regard to] 27-year-old Crown Princess Victoria isn't married
now who was pooh pooh'ing my earlier statement ? ;)

Prince Charles' entourage is expected to include a personal security adviser, a personal secretary, a surgeon, a butler, a cook and a valet.
... I've read the most incredible stories on this MB about the importance of his valet? .... in ensuring that his socks are set up the right way, and so on.

(I) would be very interested in learning how a surgeon adds to this contre-temps ?

Swedish princess to visit
December 16, 2004

AUSTRALIA is expecting a double dose of Scandinavian royalty in March with Sweden announcing a visit by the heir to the Swedish throne, to coincide with that of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will visit in March for Swedish Style in Australia, a month-long celebration to highlight Sweden's excellence in design, fashion, music, travel, environmental sustainability and food.

The Danish Royal couple will visit Sydney from March 2, attending various gala charity events.

The week of public engagements will include attending celebrations for the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen at the Danish-designed Opera House on March 7, before sharing a week of private time with Princess Mary's family and friends. The Swedish events, initiated by the Embassy of Sweden in Canberra, aims to create new, and deepen existing, relationships between the two countries.

Interesting. I guess having an Aussie, CP Mary Donaldson marry into the Danish royal family has sparked a interest in royalty in Australia.

I wish Madeleine was coming too, then i go and see her..

Yes,it will be so interesting that both Princess Victoria and Mary and Frederik will visit Australia.The Aussie can see their "Australian lady" as the Crown Princess of the oldest monarchy in Europe.

I only just read about this. Oh, I'm so excited. This is selfish, but I hope she spends most of her time in Sydney. :D When do you think they will release an itinerary, so that we get a chance to see her?

Which airlines will they fly on? Scandinavian Airlines doesnt fly to Australia....

Scanorama said:
Which airlines will they fly on? Scandinavian Airlines doesnt fly to Australia....
Any other normal airline, a chartered plane or one of the Government's planes. One of these three options is always the case for royal air travel, which it will be is not known.

As long as Victoria does not use never come back Airlines everything it fine. I think!

mixer2002de said:
As long as Victoria does not use never come back Airlines everything it fine. I think!
Don't worry mixer, I'm sure she will return. I mean, who would want to stay in a country where it's always sunny, there are nice beaches and it never gets cold? ;)

Danielle said:
Don't worry mixer, I'm sure she will return. I mean, who would want to stay in a country where it's always sunny, there are nice beaches and it never gets cold? ;)
As even native Australians leave Australia for Denmark.... :)

the king was on a state visit to australia in 1982

he met with Sir Zelman Cowen

but there has not been any state visit from australia to sweden

Has some kind of official itinerary of her visit been released yet?

Danielle said:
Has some kind of official itinerary of her visit been released yet?
Not that I know, but I guess we're all keeping an eye out for one.

a concert with pianist Robert WellsWill he do is repsey n rock show?
if you are in australia go and see the show
its great

What an exciting time to be in Australia!

Josefine said:
a concert with pianist Robert WellsWill he do is repsey n rock show?
if you are in australia go and see the show
its great

Yes, Good of you to remind us, Josefine. All of you Aussies, go see Robert Wells. He´s a good entertainer. He performed at her last birthday concert.

When will Victoria arrive leave Sweden and arrive in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom