The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-11-2005, 05:15 AM
Serene Highness

Honestly, who knew the Swedes were so stylish?? Victoria has really impressed me these past two days. I was always a bit disappointed in her, being so young (compared to the other 'Crown Princesses') and dressing so.. drab.

My impression of her has began to change since this visit. Hopefully she'll keep up this new, refreshing look when she returns home.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:20 AM
Commoner

an article from the herald sun...it was on page 11 so not exactly front page (that was mary) but at least she is getting written about

swede is queen of style

one nordic princess passed the baton to another yesterday as crown princess victoria of sweden flew in and princess mary of denmark flew out.
princess victoria is visitng melbourne for six days as part of a swedish trade expo
the 27 year old is patron of swedish style australia, an initiative of the swedish goverment to raise the profile of contemporary sweden to aussies
the trade expo focuses on all thigns swedish, including fashion, food, environmental issues and exports
the heir to the throne will also attend the sweish style runway parade at federation square as part of the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival on tuesday night
She flies to Sydney next wednesday

Old 03-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Commoner

so i had my first taste of royalty today and i loved it!

i went to fed square today in between shopping and saw princess victoria and it was amazing. i couldn't believe royalty was standing in front of me

i'm also going to the fashion week so i hope i see her there too but i'm not counting on it...i can't believe shes in melbourne for a week how awsome considering we only had 6 hours of mary and fred a week is amazing

lena i would trade our summer for a winter..like danielle i dont really care for the hot weather although knowing melbourne it will be cold tomorrow
Old 03-11-2005, 06:41 AM
Commoner

more blabbing from me...i feel like a little reporter for princess voctoria but i'm loving it!

this is from the herlad sun gossip type of section

dancing queen
being a walking encyclopedia on all things royal, marwick did have some trivia to share.
we hear the mother of crown princess victoria of sweden who arrived in melbourne yesterday inspired abba to write dancing queen because as a young woman she liked to kick up her heels
makes all the more sense to hear that princess victoria will be soaking up a matinee performance of mamma mia! on sunday

you know how you guys were talking about victoria being in melbourne for her name day? what is the name day? and if it makes her feel more at ease she will be in melbourne, victoria hehe :)
Old 03-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Commoner

princess victoria at a reception tonight...i'm sure there will be a bit in the papers tomorrow if it was a state reception with the premier so i will keep everyone posted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	107109  
Old 03-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Commoner

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/11/princessvictoria/

Princess Mary of Denmark isn't the only fashion-savvy royal taking a jaunt down under this week. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden also jetted into Melbourne on Thursday, kicking off a six-day visit.

The 27-year-old future queen made a stunning entrance at a royal gala dinner at the National Gallery in Melbourne, looking ready for the red carpet as she stepped out of a sleek silver car. Princess Victoria showed off her glamorous side, choosing a fitted Asian-inspired violet silk gown for the occasion, with diamond earrings setting off the ensemble.

Fashion was once again on the agenda as the princess attended the Swedish Style exhibition, a showcase of the country's creativity and design on Friday. This time the young royal stepped out in a little black dress and trendy flats, a la Audrey Hepburn. However, her demure outfit did not stop Victoria from demonstrating her versatility – and sense of humour – as she took to the wheel of an enormous Swedish truck, laughing along with onlookers and photographers alike.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...3/s1321779.htm

Bracks welcomes Swedish Princess

Victorian Premier Steve Bracks has hosted an official reception at Federation Square for the Crown Princess of Sweden.

Crown Princess Victoria arrived in Melbourne yesterday for a six-day visit as part of a Swedish design exhibition.

Mr Bracks has welcomed the Princess and thanked her for strengthening the friendship between Sweden and Victoria.

He listed the Swedes who have had an impact on Melbourne, including a number of famous tennis players.

"Stefan Edberg, Mats Wilander, Thomas Johannsen, we know them very well," he said.

"They are fierce competitors and they are great ambassadors for your country as well.

"And of course the connection between Melbourne and Stockholm as Olympic cities also. And the arrival of Abba in 1977."
Old 03-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
princess victoria at a reception tonight...i'm sure there will be a bit in the papers tomorrow if it was a state reception with the premier so i will keep everyone posted
i love the shoes in this picture.

...and the black dress she wore earlier on. definately a revinvention of the little black dress, with the adorable white ribbon detail as well.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Pictures from Rex and AFP without watermark!

Source: Hello! Magazine

On Friday, the future queen made a fashionable statement in an Audrey Heburn style little black dress
Photo: © AFP

The demure outfit didn't stop her from taking to the wheel of an enormous truck, however, laughing along with onlookers

Stunning in violet silk, Victoria attends a gala dinner at the National Gallery in Melbourne
Photo: © Rex
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the live-report (plus the HELLO-article and the new pic), smudge It´s super-interesting to read.
Thanks to Dennis for the article and to Monalisa for the watermark-free pics :)
Has someone exchanged Victoria? Has she a secret twin sister?? So far she looked fantastic and has shown something, we didn´t know from her: variation
Could it be, that the turquoise skirt is the one she has also worn at Ingrid Alexandra´s baptism?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Majesty

thank you for all the reporting
we all enjoy it
i did not think there would be a evening event
heard on swedish radio what they talked about victorias new fashion statement and the was a bit chocked about the clevage of the forst outfit
Old 03-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Majesty

here are a few more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52373479.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	107171   Click image for larger version

Name:	52373472.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	107172   Click image for larger version

Name:	52373469.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	107173   Click image for larger version

Name:	52373447.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	107174  

Name:	52373445.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	107175  
Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Majesty

4 more without the text
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	showLayoutImage11.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	107182   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage1.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	107183   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	107184   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage66.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	107185  

Old 03-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, Josefine. The earrings look heavy, but I love them (together with the bracelet)
Don´t think that Victoria´s cleavage was too daring in any way...we have seen more of a swedish Royal
Old 03-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Majesty

and here with some flower girls
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	showLayoutImage666.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	107187   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage22.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	107190  
Old 03-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Majesty

then some working (cutting, driving and tuching)
and last taking some time sitting on the chair smelling the flowes
she is our own swedsih ferdinand
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3333333333.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	107192   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage6666.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	107193   Click image for larger version

Name:	33333333.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	107194   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	107195  

Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Don´t think that Victoria´s cleavage was too daring in any way...we have seen more of a swedish Royal
Yes and Octavius and other men have heart attacks just thinking about infamous Nobel dresses.

Lena, you´re welcome.

Josefine, the photos without the watermarks. From where do they come? Also Ferdinand?

Well, I like that Victoria got behind the wheel of a truck. She has done that a few times. A take charge kind of princess. More so than the others. But I don´t want to compare. She is nonpareil. She glows, she smiles, she charms all who see and talk to her. Only the hardened republican could not be charmed by the grace, class, and beauty of the Crown Princess of Sweden. Thanks everybody for the photos and articles.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Majesty

[QUOTE=Dennism]

Josefine, the photos without the watermarks. From where do they come? Also Ferdinand?

[QUOTE]

always forgetiing
http://search.fotomarktplatz.de

Ferdinand the one under the three smelling the flowers and do not want to play with the others
Old 03-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
O, yes. of course, fotomarktplatz. I forgot that they don´t have watermarks.
O, that Ferdinand. Tack.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Majesty

is there a other word for smell like in sweden dofta is when something smells good lukta is when somethings smells bad
Old 03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are a few pictures that the Royal Court has chosen for their official website, all are by Pressens Bild:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KRPRAUSTRA9webb.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	107233  
Attached Images

Tags
australia, crown princess victoria, governor general, official visit