Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny video of Victoria bowling:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player.html?catID=10&clipID=257

It´s said Victoria won...it seems she played against Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg...does this "curtail" the victory? :)p :) )

You are welcome, Danielle & Dennis :)
I like too, what she wore for Rhapsody in rock (she has worn that once before...2002 in Spain). But my favourites are so far the lilac dress and the turquoise combination.

There is a tiny article in the Sunday Telegraph today. There’s a funny photo of Victoria with her hands near her ears. :p If I have time later, I'll scan it.

Bowling them over

Swedish princess Victoria (sic - I don't see why we can't put full title's of Princesses in this country) received a lesson from young lawn-bowls champ Gary Thurgood yesterday.

Thurgood awarded the royal "10 out of 10 for attitude" after a relaxed and jokey game at Princes Park Bowling Club in Melbourne.

"She was very easy going and nice" he said.

Asked if he would like to emulate Princess Mary by marrying into royalty, he joked: "If Mary can do it why can't I." Princess Victoria appeared equally impressed by her tutor. "It was quite fun," she said. "I'd never heard of (lawn bowls) before coming here"

princess gets a WHOLE page today in the sunday herald sun...how awsomes that - article and 4 pictures all about her lawn bowls expedition

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12528259^662,00.html

Swedish princess bowls them over
By CHRIS TINKLER
13mar05

AUSSIE Gary Thurgood took a leaf out of Crown Princess Mary's book yesterday, bowling over royalty.

The young lawn bowls champ gave Swedish Princess Victoria a lesson on the greens at Princes Park Bowling Club yesterday afternoon.

Mr Thurgood awarded Princess Victoria "10 out of 10 for attitude" after a relaxed and jokey game.

"It was the first time I've met royalty and she was very easygoing and nice," he said.

Asked if he would like to emulate Tasmanian Mary by marrying into royalty, he joked: "If Mary can do it, why can't I?"

Princess Victoria appeared equally impressed by her tutor.

"It was quite fun," she said of the game.

"I'd never heard of it before coming here."

The normally low-key bowls afternoon was turned into a royal event thanks to the club's "barbecue, beers and bowls" nights.

Princess Victoria was brought to the club by Melbourne-based Swede Mikael Ekholm, who became a keen bowls player after going to one of the club's Friday night get-togethers.

Now they are hoping Princess Victoria will spread the lawn bowls word in Sweden. They even handed her a book on how to become a champion in the sport.

The Princess spent an hour at the club after enjoying a morning stroll on St Kilda beach.

Last night she rocked out to her favourite musician, Swedish classical-rock pianist Robert Wells, at Federation Square.

Princess Victoria is in Australia on a 10-day tour -- her longest ever -- to encourage closer links with her country and promote Swedish arts and industry. She arrived in Melbourne on Thursday and will go to Sydney on Wednesday

Bravo to the Herald Sun. Bravo for their coverage. Also for showing photos of Victoria in a sporting mood. Very fitting for a royal in sports-mad Australia. Love that photo of her really getting into the cheering of the game. I suppose she had just rolled or she is cheering on somebody else. More good pr in Australia. The Swedish Style exhibition has been a success. The concert looked like a lot of fun. And now we see the Swedish Crown Princess enjoying local sports. What could be next? We may see her in photos at the Swedish church. Modestly dressed. Then Mamma Mia. More Swedish culture for Australia. It´s great seeing her having a good time and it is great seeing people enjoying her visit. I feared that perhaps they would be overwhelmed after Mary-mania but that doesn´t seem to be the case. The charm and grace of the Swedish Crown Princess has garnered her more and more admirers in Australia. Here is a photo from the Aftonbladet today. There is just a little article(for now, at least. Expect an article later on with photos from the theatre) on the people who are involved in Swedish Style. The designers and so forth.

Attachments

• vic9.jpg
    vic9.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 201
Nellie on GREMB has posted scans from the newspapers today of Victoria playing Bowls on Saturday. Here they are:

Attachments

• VLB.jpg
    VLB.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 265
  • vic01.jpg
    vic01.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 226
HMQueenElizabethII said:
They really great.Thanks lots for photos Dennism.
Yes, thank you Dennis. I have to comment about her shoes. I always thought that you weren't allowed to wear joggers (or any shoes other than special bowling shoes) on the bowling green, but maybe I am wrong.

Caption:
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 13: Crown Princess Victoria (R) of Sweden arrives for a performance of Mama Mia March 13, 2005 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Lucas Dawson/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 274
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 172
more from gettyimages

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 179
Thank you for the first pictures, Lyonnaise
4_6_7.gif

Is this the "Mary-top" (the top she has worn, when she has met Mary Donaldson firstly)?
Has anybody already watched Mamma Mia (I think it was now in several countries, wasn´t it?). Is it worth to watch?
It seems Victoria gets a huge load of soft toys in Australia...wonder, what she will do with them.

Yes it is that top, I love it, very funky. I dont love the hair but her smile makes up for it, I cant get over how wonderfully she has looked during this trip, smiling and more relaxed than in a long time and with ageappropriate clothes. Thumbs up:)

here are some from isifa.com, they have many more

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 206
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 259
Great photos, Larzen. A wonderful smile. Years from now, when Sweden becomes the champion in bowls, we´ll know where it started...Love that photo with her hand on her head. Very funny.

Lena said:
Thank you for the first pictures, Lyonnaise
4_6_7.gif

Is this the "Mary-top" (the top she has worn, when she has met Mary Donaldson firstly)?
Has anybody already watched Mamma Mia (I think it was now in several countries, wasn´t it?). Is it worth to watch?
It seems Victoria gets a huge load of soft toys in Australia...wonder, what she will do with them.

I can recommend Mamma Mia even though I haven´t seen it myself. Several friends and family members have seen it and they´ve enjoyed it. That works for me. ha ha ha.

Lyonnaise, thank you for the photos, the ones you´ve posted.

oh. i saw this group of performers when they were in Hong Kong last summer. I happened to be in the city then, and caught a show of theirs. were very good i must say.

i love the top that Victoria was wearing, her style seems to have vastly improved for this visit to Australia.

Victoria on the way to the swedish church (pics are from eastnews)

Attachments

• church1.jpg
    church1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 206
  • church2.jpg
    church2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 263
Thank you Lyonnaise, Larzen and Lena for the photos. I love what she wore to see "Mamma Mia". I don't know about the jacket she wore to the church though. There's just something about it. :( About "Mamma Mia"; I haven't seen it either, but my parents saw it and they loved it, but they are both big ABBA fans.

She looks so pretty in all of the pictures. Just think the ponytale is far to much...she has it the whole time. Am I the only one who thinks that?:)

You are surely not the only one, loving silvia and carl gustaf :D But to focus on this is a bit tiresome (-> years of experience ;) ). We can´t do anything about that. Concerning hairdos on the Australia journey, I would be satsfied, when she would wear a nice hairdo for the second dinner in Sydney as well.

More pictures of the jacket (from FMP) I like it, but I don´t know...in a way...it reminds me of toothpaste with stripes ;)
Victoria looks so happy these days. Wonder if it´s the australian hospitality or the australian sun or a combination.

Thank you for your impressions to "Mamma Mia", Danielle, agisele and Dennis. I guess I will buy tickets for October (then they are in Vienna)

Thank you for the pics, Larzen :)

Attachments

• Aus8.jpg
    Aus8.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Aus7.jpg
    Aus7.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 319
  • Aus6.jpg
    Aus6.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Aus5.jpg
    Aus5.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Aus3.jpg
    Aus3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Aus4.jpg
    Aus4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Aus1.jpg
    Aus1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Aus2.jpg
    Aus2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 204
wow she looked great last night and she seems so happy

Lena i recommend Mamma Mia! i have seen it twice..once in london and once in melbourne and it was very enjoyable both times even though i'm not a huge fan of abba as they were a bit before me. anyway heaps of other people must like it too because this is the second time in melbourne...when it first opened here it stayed for over 2 years before touring the country and now it is back again. So Lena you should go and see it when you can

March 12, 2005. Melbourne, VIC. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden at the Princess Park Lawn Bowling Club, tries her hand at lawn bowling. bowls / royalty / royal tour
Photographer - ROB LEESON

Attachments

• VIC1 1303.JPG
    VIC1 1303.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 151
  • VIC4 1203.JPG
    VIC4 1203.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 161
  • VIC 1203.JPG
    VIC 1203.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 162
  • VIC2 1203.JPG
    VIC2 1203.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 173
another article about princess victoria in the herald sun

thank you for the music

she may not be the original dancing queen, but that didn't stop swdens crown princess victoria moving her feet to the music at last night's mama mia! performance
the princess was a guest at the abba tribute show and joined the audience as they got to their feet to sing along to dancing queen - said to be inspried by her mother, queen silvia
princess victoria congratualed the cast after the show
"you have done a wonderful job" she said. the crown princess is in australia for 10 days in her role as patron of swedish style, which promotes swedish arts and industry

smudge said:
wow she looked great last night and she seems so happy

Lena i recommend Mamma Mia! i have seen it twice..once in london and once in melbourne and it was very enjoyable both times even though i'm not a huge fan of abba as they were a bit before me. anyway heaps of other people must like it too because this is the second time in melbourne...when it first opened here it stayed for over 2 years before touring the country and now it is back again. So Lena you should go and see it when you can

Thank you smudge. Wow, so many praises for the musical...so I guess it´s really good. ABBA was also before me, but I´m though a great fan. And in a way I always see a connection between ABBA and Australia. Of course because of ABBA-the movie (I think there was even a bigger hpye around ABBA in the 70ties than around cp Mary ;) ) and because of one of my favourite movies (Muriel´s wedding...an australian movie), in which the main character, Muriel, listens all the time to ABBA :D

Thank you for the pictures, Monalisa :)

Thanks for the photos. I think she looks confident and happy. I wonder why.

Sometimes, I think Victoria dresses like a 35-year-old women. But on this trip, she looks great.

I agree with the comments about her hair. Why can't she wear something other than a ponytail every now and then? I hope she will wear her hair down half the time and a ponytail the rest of the time.

Lena said:
More pictures of the jacket (from FMP) I like it, but I don´t know...in a way...it reminds me of toothpaste with stripes ;)
I was thinking toothpaste as well, but my first impression was 'pyjamas'. I may be crazy, but I actually own a pair which looks strikingly similar. That is my only complaint about her clothes. Other than that, she has shown class and style throughout this trip and I praise her for that.

An article from the Herald Sun

Swedes have design on fashion

14mar05

THERE must be something in the water in Scandinavia because we've been well and truly inundated with its citizens.

We've had Mary and Fred, Sweden's Princess Victoria and now we've got a former Swedish supermodel in our midst.

After years as a top model for the Ford agency and later a singer, Efva Attling has returned to her first love of jewellery design.

Attling confesses to also harbouring a slight obsession with fashion and plans to squeeze in some shows at the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival in between promoting her jewellery label this week.

"I am a fashion freak," she said.

"My muscles come from carrying Vogues around with me."

Attling's designs have been worn by some of the world's most desirable women -- Paris Hilton, Sharon Stone and Madonna to name just a few.

Princess Victoria, who arrived in Melbourne last week, was wearing one of her necklaces at a royal engagement on Friday.

In many ways, Attling is a personification of the Swedish stereotype: beautiful, blonde, and fascinated by design.

Apparently, the Swedes all love design because "we have all that time in the darkness to think about nice things". She makes it sound so simple.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12533713%255E28957,00.html

More pics of Victoria from the musical Mama Mia...

The last pic is a particularly cute pic.

Attachments

• 326135.jpeg
    326135.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 326136.jpeg
    326136.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 326137.jpeg
    326137.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 326138.jpeg
    326138.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 326139.jpeg
    326139.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 326134.jpeg
    326134.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 291
More pics of Victoria playing "Bowls"

Attachments

• 326139.jpeg
    326139.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 326138.jpeg
    326138.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 326137.jpeg
    326137.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 326135.jpeg
    326135.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 326134.jpeg
    326134.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 326136.jpeg
    326136.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 325978.jpeg
    325978.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 325979.jpeg
    325979.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for the photos, everybody. Yeah, that jacket looks like a toothpaste. Or one of those multicolor candies. Like a candy cane that you find on American Christmas trees. Looks like ETW has been enjoying the sun a lot as well.

"You are surely not the only one, loving silvia and carl gustaf But to focus on this is a bit tiresome (-> years of experience"

Ouch.

Aww, what a cute photo! :p

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 14: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden hugs a wombat while visiting Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary on March 14, 2005 in Melbourne, Australia

Attachments

• Vic.jpg
    Vic.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 239
i can't believe she went to healesville sanctuary i used to live near there...i mean i thought she would have gone to the melbourne zoo over the sanctuary but anyway

i like the skirt she is wearing in this photo:

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 269
Some more photos from today

Attachments

• vic4.jpg
    vic4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 277
  • vic10.jpg
    vic10.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 207
  • vic9.jpg
    vic9.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 301
  • vic8.jpg
    vic8.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 296
  • vic7.jpg
    vic7.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 205
  • vic6.jpg
    vic6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 241
  • vic5.jpg
    vic5.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 298
  • vic3.jpg
    vic3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 299
  • vic2.jpg
    vic2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 190
  • vic11.jpg
    vic11.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 195
Another one that didn't fit in the last post.

Attachments

• Vic12.jpg
    Vic12.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom