Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here are a few more

Attachments

• 52373472.jpg
    52373472.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 52373469.jpg
    52373469.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 52373447.jpg
    52373447.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 52373445.jpg
    52373445.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 52373479.jpg
    52373479.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 209
4 more without the text

Attachments

• showLayoutImage11.jpg
    showLayoutImage11.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 338
  • showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 567
  • showLayoutImage2.jpg
    showLayoutImage2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 169
  • showLayoutImage66.jpg
    showLayoutImage66.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures, Josefine. The earrings look heavy, but I love them (together with the bracelet)
Don´t think that Victoria´s cleavage was too daring in any way...we have seen more of a swedish Royal ;)

and here with some flower girls

Attachments

• showLayoutImage666.jpg
    showLayoutImage666.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 209
  • showLayoutImage22.jpg
    showLayoutImage22.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 164
then some working (cutting, driving and tuching)
and last taking some time sitting on the chair smelling the flowes
she is our own swedsih ferdinand

Attachments

• 3333333333.jpg
    3333333333.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 221
  • showLayoutImage6666.jpg
    showLayoutImage6666.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 33333333.jpg
    33333333.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Lena said:
Don´t think that Victoria´s cleavage was too daring in any way...we have seen more of a swedish Royal ;)

Yes and Octavius and other men have heart attacks just thinking about infamous Nobel dresses.

Lena, you´re welcome.

Josefine, the photos without the watermarks. From where do they come? Also Ferdinand?

Well, I like that Victoria got behind the wheel of a truck. She has done that a few times. A take charge kind of princess. More so than the others. But I don´t want to compare. She is nonpareil. She glows, she smiles, she charms all who see and talk to her. Only the hardened republican could not be charmed by the grace, class, and beauty of the Crown Princess of Sweden. Thanks everybody for the photos and articles.

O, yes. of course, fotomarktplatz. I forgot that they don´t have watermarks.
O, that Ferdinand. Tack.

is there a other word for smell like in sweden dofta is when something smells good lukta is when somethings smells bad

Here are a few pictures that the Royal Court has chosen for their official website, all are by Pressens Bild:

Attachments

• KRPRAUSTRA4.jpg
    KRPRAUSTRA4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 121
  • KRPRAUSTRA5.jpg
    KRPRAUSTRA5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 138
  • KRPRAUSTRA6webb.jpg
    KRPRAUSTRA6webb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 128
  • KRPRAUSTRA7webb.jpg
    KRPRAUSTRA7webb.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 127
  • KRPRAUSTRA9webb.jpg
    KRPRAUSTRA9webb.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 218
Josefine said:
is there a other word for smell like in sweden dofta is when something smells good lukta is when somethings smells bad

When something smells bad, we say that it "reeks". "He reeks of Root Beer and cheese" for example.

GrandDuchess said:
Here are a few pictures that the Royal Court has chosen for their official website, all are by Pressens Bild:

Those girls in the first photo are just adorable. It appears that the Bernadotte women are trendsetters already! Note the girls in the background of that second photo. ha ha ha. "Mommy, I want to dress like the Royal Family do on June 6". ha ha ha.

GrandDuchess said:

the court webbsite is getting better on posting photos on such trip and often with a text have they seen our poll regarding thier webbsite

They must have. Bravo to them. We approve of better official sites from the Houses. Clap clap clap.

victoria will also got to asia this spring will she go back to sweden or travel to asia after australia i was thinking if she is going to be present at the state visit late march

Dennism said:
When something smells bad, we say that it "reeks". "He reeks of Root Beer and cheese" for example.
Hmm, who on earth could one say that about?... :)

Crown Princess Victoria's wardrobe during this trip, so far, has been wonderful! And she looks really relaxed and happy, in her ace. She's a terrific person for an event like Swedish Style. The only thing I "miss" is Leif Pagrotsky, who when he was the Minister for Trade and Industry used to accompany her at trips like this - they made such a great team.

saturdays event posted by grand duchess

Saturday 12

*Visit to the National Ballet and some rehearsals
*Attendance at a concert with Robert Wells and Katarina Fallholm at Federation Square

Thanks for the video, Josefine

That´s great. A concert with Robert Wells on her last birthday and now one on her nameday which it already is in Australia. Happy Nameday to Victoria!

"Hmm, who on earth could one say that about?.."

What! Doesn´t everybody love that great mixture of Root Beer and cheese?

smudge said:
you know how you guys were talking about victoria being in melbourne for her name day? what is the name day? and if it makes her feel more at ease she will be in melbourne, victoria hehe :)

in the swedish calander each day has a name that one celebrate march 12 is victoia and victor
and victoria is celebrated outside the royal palace on this day but now she is away

Lena said:
Thank you, Josefine :) Those Aftonbladet-flash-videos work great for me! Can someone explain me the toast of Victoria. Is she hailing queen Elizabeth II ??
She executed a toast for the Head of State of Australia and the Australian people, the normal way it goes. So it was "The Queen's toast", just like it's "The King's toast" in Sweden.

Thank you everyone for all the photos and articles so far. Victoria certainly has looked lovely on this trip. It must be Australia. ;) Anyway, here is another article from the SMH. http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Life-of-a-Swedish-princess-is-not-all-charm/2005/03/11/1110417690928.html

Life of a Swedish princess is not all charm
By Jordan Baker
March 12, 2005

princessvictoria,0.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria in Melbourne yesterday, left, and suffering from an eating disorder in 1997, right.

To outsiders Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden seems to live a charmed life.

The cherubic beauty, who will arrive in Sydney next week, studied at Yale, has worked for the United Nations and is destined to become queen of a country in which royalty is adored.

But life as a princess is not all tiaras, ballgowns and princes. It also has pressures.

When she was 20, Victoria, who was often described as plump in the media, suddenly appeared in public looking dangerously thin.

The palace admitted that, like Princess Diana before her, Victoria was suffering from an eating disorder. In a public announcement, it blamed stress from public commitments and media scrutiny.

The princess, now 27, has learnt to cope with the pressure of royalty. She was a picture of health as she attended functions in Melbourne yesterday, giving Australia its third dose of royalty in a month.

But the spotlight has moved to Australian-born Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, whose big weight loss is alarming her admirers and prompting fears for her ability to produce an heir.

The two princesses are not close. But Victoria's years of experience in learning to handle life as a princess could be a valuable guide to Mary.
Princess Victoria has been heir to the Swedish throne since she was two, when the constitution was changed to allow a woman to be first in line to the throne even if she has a younger brother.

Unlike Britons, Swedes love and respect their royal family, so her childhood was as normal as royal childhoods get.

She went to "regular schools", studied political science at Yale, learnt French and did internships at the United Nations and the Swedish embassy in Washington.

But she battled with an eating disorder and struggled with her royal responsibilities. She later said: "There are times when you wish you were somewhere else and someone else."

As she gets older, the pressures grow. There are reports she wants to marry her boyfriend of three years, Daniel Westling, a gym owner. But he has been criticised in the media as being too "simple and uneducated".

"I'm tired of the speculations," the magazine Hello! quoted her as saying. "It's really a problem to have a relationship with someone."

She has also begun official schooling in "queenology", according to the Swedish news website The Local.

Training involves a course in peace and conflict studies and a hectic schedule of royal trips, including the 10-day visit to Australia to promote Swedish design, fashion, music, travel and food.

Her trip here is the longest official trip she has made and includes royal gala dinners, fashion shows, trade seminars, exhibition openings and a special performance of the Abba show Mamma Mia.

It´s close to midnight in Australia...and no (only one) pics from today. I guess Victoria had the day off and had only official dates in the evening.
I could find only one super-tiny pic at Scanpix and the caption said Victoria tried "grass bowling" (which is the 3rd biggest sport in Australia...according to the agency) What is grass bowling??

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 4,702
Last edited:
Thank you for the article, Danielle :)
I guess to come up with the anorexia-thing is a try to bring Victoria closer to the australian ppl (the more you know about a person-esp. about "abysms" and/or how she/he overcame them-the more you get interested...hope you understand, what I mean)

Last edited:
1-3: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria at a Rhapsody in Rock concert in Melbourne on March 12

4-6: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria tried her hand at the old english game of bowls at Princess Park in Melbourne on March 12

Pics are from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• Aus5.jpg
    Aus5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Aus6.jpg
    Aus6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 361
  • Aus7.jpg
    Aus7.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 502
  • Aus8.jpg
    Aus8.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 481
  • Aus9.jpg
    Aus9.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Aus10.jpg
    Aus10.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 537
Maybe she wears such a stunning dress because Daniel Westilng as a style guide is far away ;)

Lena said:
1-3: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria at a Rhapsody in Rock concert in Melbourne on March 12

4-6: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria tried her hand at the old english game of bowls at Princess Park in Melbourne on March 12

Pics are from Fotomarktplatz
Thank you for the photos, Lena. Wow, I didn't think she would play bowls. It's a sport a lot of the elderly people play here (but a small amount of young people, I guess, would play it too) at their local RSL or sports club. I didn't know it was the third biggest sport, but when you think about it, I guess it is. She seems like she had a lot of fun. :) I really love what she wore here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108327
mixer2002de said:
Maybe she wears such a stunning dress because Daniel Westilng as a style guide is far away ;)
Ha ha ha. Yes, you're probably right. :p

Love the stuffed kangaroo. Really cute. Thanks for the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom