Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just saw Victoria on Sunrise. It wasn’t a very long interview, but she, and the ambassador to Sweden, were talking about the links between Australia and Sweden. She also talked about how Mary is doing a good job as Crown Princess and that they will meet again ‘in a few weeks’. Mark Beretta, a news reporter on Sunrise, gave her a gift basket with ‘Australian things'; sun cream, Tim-Tams, Minties, a koala and some thongs (‘flip-flops’). Victoria then said, in regard to the thongs, “I have a gala coming up and I think they will go with my dress”. She was so lovely. She had the pony-tail (again!) but I liked what she wore. She had beige (or caramel) coloured pants with this loose tunic-top with what looked like flowers on it. I hope there are some photos soon.

Last edited:
It's reigning royals

By Rachel Kleinman
March 10, 2005

pt_10SWEDEN_ent-lead__200x279.jpg

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria
Photo: AFP

Crown Princess Victoria Ingrid Alice Desiree, below, will walk in the shadow of a far more popular Scandinavian royal, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, when she arrives in Melbourne today.

Princess Victoria, 27, the heir to the Swedish throne, steps on to Melbourne's royal merry-go-round - led by Princes Charles and Mary and Frederik - as patron of the inaugural Swedish Style in Australia.

The event was organised by the Swedish embassy in Canberra to promote all things Swedish and stylish in design, fashion, music, travel, environment and food.

Princess Victoria will take advantage of the flush of royal fever to raise Sweden's profile.

She was diagnosed with an eating disorder at 20 but, after treatment, stepped into a more public role and has represented her country on visits to Japan, Kosovo, Egypt, the United States and Hungary. She studied at Yale University in the US and worked at the United Nations.

Princess Victoria attended Princess Mary's wedding last May but will not cross paths with the Danish royal couple. She will be guest of honour at an invitation-only gala dinner at the National Gallery of Victoria tonight. Her six-day stay will include a trip to see Mamma Mia, the hit musical featuring Abba's music.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Its-reigning-royals/2005/03/09/1110316092472.html

Thank you so much for giving us a report directly from Australia, Danielle
26_11_8.gif
!!

Danielle said:

A Koala?? I guess a soft toy?

The comment on the flip flops is so much Victoria. Typical victorian humour :D

Nice icon. :) Yes, I should have made that clearer. It was a little soft one, complete with eucalyptus leaves sticking out. She was very appreciative of it.

Danielle said:
... had what looked like flowers on it.
Oops. I had a look again and they weren't flowers. It's more like unusual swirly lines.

Danielle said:
some thongs (‘flip-flops’).

Phew. Good thing you cleared that up. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the word "thongs" and then you said that Victoria talked about them on tv. Very cheeky humor. Cute. Sun cream is a good idea.

"complete with eucalyptus leaves sticking out."

Cool. I have to get me one of those. Koalas are cute. Yes, thanks for the report. "It´s Reigning Royals". ha ha ha. And ironically, there is cyclone Ingrid about to rain down on NE Australia as well.

Has anyone seen the pictures of her visit?

No. :( I have looked everywhere, but there is nothing. Absolutely nothing! I think it's quite sad that there are hundreds of photos of Mary and Frederik (which is great) but there are none of Victoria.

Yes, we should write to Getty and the other Photo agencies about this situation. In fact, we should write to Getty anyway because they don´t have many photos of the Swedes often. A big boo to them.

Now Getty Images also have pics from Tim Graham and AAP Image.Maybe there will be some from AAP but i don't think any from Tim Graham, they usually have pics of The British Royal Family.

Victorias tv-succé i morse
SYDNEY. I morse gjorde kronprinsessan Victoria succé i ett av Australiens populäraste tv-program.
Prinsessan marknadsförde Sverige som en pr-drottning.
– Hon är en riktig stjärna, sade en av åskådarna efteråt.
Kronprinsessan Victoria kom i går till Sydney, Australien, för att under en dryg vecka hjälpa till att marknadsföra svensk design, kultur och livsstil.

Första programpunkten var att medverka i tv-kanalen Sevens populära morgonprogram ”Sunrise”.
Intervjuad av de båda stjärnreportrarna Melissa Doyle och David Koch charmade kronprinsessan både publiken och tittarna. Till tonerna av Abbas gamla hit ”Dancing Queen” inleddes intervjun.

Temat var svensk design
Förutom temat svensk design fick kronprinsessan många frågor om hur det är att vara prinsessa, bland annat om hur ofta de olika europeiska kungligheterna träffas.
– Det låter kanske lite lustigt för er, men vi är ju alla mer eller mindre släkt med varandra om än på långt håll, så vi träffas till exempel på födelsedagar, svarade hon till publikens förundran.
I Australien råder just nu prinsessfeber. Den nygifta danska kronprinsen Frederik och hans Australienfödda prinsessa Mary är även de på rundresa i landet.
Kronprinsessan Victoria fick många frågor om henne.
– Hon gör jättebra ifrån sig. Det är en tuff uppgift hon har. Det är alltid tufft att börja nya jobb även om hennes jobb är lite mer speciellt, sade kronprinsessan Victoria.
– Det är en sak att växa upp i rollen, men det är helt annorlunda att bli kastad in i den. Med ert stöd i Australien tror jag dock att det kommer underlätta för henne.

”Hon var helt underbar”
Programledaren Melissa Doyle öste beröm över Victoria efter intervjun.
– Hon var helt underbar. Hon var precis en sådan person som man skulle vilja bjuda med ut tillsammans med sina vänner.
Trots den långa flygresan var Victoria på ett strålande humör efter tv-showen.
– Det känns jättebra att vara här. Det är första gången, sa hon till Expressen.

Attachments

• f0ced20c.jpg
    f0ced20c.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 813
  • 9459f894.jpg
    9459f894.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 736
Cool. Swedish flags in the audience. That does sound cute.

Some photos from the TV. Sorry, they aren't very good.

Attachments

• P0310_174620.jpg
    P0310_174620.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 376
  • P0310_174524.jpg
    P0310_174524.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 399
  • P0310_174445.jpg
    P0310_174445.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 306
They look good and they have a wonderful and glowing subject. Magnetic as well.

thank you for the photos was it from your digital camera

to night its a official dinner in sweden a tiara evenst that victoria will miss out on madeleine will not be there either but their brother will

Last edited:
1-3: March 10, 2005. Royal Visit. Swedish Princess Victoria arrives at the Victorian Investment Centre in Melbourne. Pic by David Crosling/Newspix

4-6: March 10, 2005. Sydney, NSW. Princess Victoria of Sweden being interviewed on Sunrise Channel 7's morning show. Princess Victoria is in Australia to promote Sweden. Newspix

Attachments

• Aus1.jpg
    Aus1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 384
  • Aus2.jpg
    Aus2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 352
  • Aus3.jpg
    Aus3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Aus4.jpg
    Aus4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Aus5.jpg
    Aus5.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 603
  • Aus6.jpg
    Aus6.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 584
Pictures from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• Aus7.jpg
    Aus7.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Aus8.jpg
    Aus8.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 451
  • Aus9.jpg
    Aus9.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Aus10.jpg
    Aus10.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 331
  • Aus11.jpg
    Aus11.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 420
Thank you very much Lena for the photos. :)

New pics of Princess Victoria attend Gala dinner in Melbourne:

Attachments

• 52348755.jpg
    52348755.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 767
  • 52348761.jpg
    52348761.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 278
she looks really beautiful...what a lovely dress she is wearing. i love it :)

my cousin is at that dinner tonight so hopefully i get told something

anyway victoria looks great

:eek: wow, I´m really impressed. Victoria looks stunning!!
Thank you for posting the first pictures, HMQueenElizabethII.
Thanks to all, who have posted pictures and informations so far. It´s clear to me, that Victoria will get less attention than Mary and Frederik in Australia, but with your help we can make a long thread out of this.
23_30_109.gif

She definitely looks stunning in that lavender dress. The dress is one of the most elegant dresses I have ever seen. By the way, has Victoria lost any weight recently? She seems slimmer than usual.

Two more photos:

Attachments

• 52348843.jpg
    52348843.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 52348842.jpg
    52348842.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 251
wow is that victoria
its a very different dress then she usally wears

what was the two evensts about one gala dinner but with who
and the other evenst with the lime green shirt what was the event about

Last edited:
and i found a few more

Attachments

• 52348826.jpg
    52348826.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 52348828.jpg
    52348828.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 52348844.jpg
    52348844.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 52348866.jpg
    52348866.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 241
  • 52348880.jpg
    52348880.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 52348759.jpg
    52348759.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
the gala dinner tonight is the launch / official openingto the swedish style event / month i think? the guests at that dinner tonight include the mayor of melbourne john so, deputy premier john thwaites and other guests like that

the other event with the lime skirt was a presentation about the swedish style promotion i think but i'm not certain

i can't wait to see princess victoria i hope i can...she looks so elegant tonight

Wow What can I say, After a year with unflattering and boring and recycled dresses she really looks stunning, her hair and makeup is perfect as well. And a grown up dress in a flattering colour:D She looks the best I have seen her in many yars.

will this be the only gala dinner?

two more from the other event
from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 259
  • showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 515586a.jpg
    515586a.jpg