The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Courtier

collage from AFP images:

:)

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden left, is given a hand up as she arrives at the Maritime Museum in Sydney, Australia, Friday, March 18, 2005. The princess is on a ten-day visit Down Under as patron of the inaugural Swedish Style in Australia, which aims to deepen economic relationships and increase business exchange between the two countries.(AP Photo/Rob Griffith)
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Sweden's Princess Victoria waves to members of the Swedish community as she arrives by launch at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney, 18 March 2005, to open the Swedish design exhibition "4Stories". The princess is on a national tour of Australia, to promote Swedish excellence in design, fashion, travel, music, gastronomy and enviromental sustainability. AFP PHOTO/Greg Wood
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, HMqueenElizabethII

There was a nice dialogue, when Victoria got the Didgeridoo:

(Expressen reporter) According to a legend only men are allowed to play it. Its said women, who play it get pregnant
-Oh really, haha...Thats a big luck, that you have told me. But when should I dare to use it then?
Wait a few years, jokes Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg from the court (as we see the grey haired eminence has even planned that )

Is there anything special, that the crown princess will bring with her from Australia, any great memory (moment)?
-Yes, this didgeridoo, of course, hahaha. This is really quite funny!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thank you, HMqueenElizabethII

There was a nice dialogue, when Victoria got the Didgeridoo:

(Expressen reporter) According to a legend only men are allowed to play it. Its said women, who play it get pregnant
-Oh really, haha...Thats a big luck, that you have told me. But when should I dare to use it then?
Wait a few years, jokes Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg from the court (as we see the grey haired eminence has even planned that )

Is there anything special, that the crown princess will bring with her from Australia, any great memory (moment)?
-Yes, this didgeridoo, of course, hahaha. This is really quite funny!
I didn't know that men were only allowed to play it. You learn something new all the time. I knew that a didgeridoo or a boomerang would be a feature of the trip. :) How is one supposed to give an appropriate answer to the first question? That's for the translation and for the photos, everyone.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thanks for the photos and articles from the last days of the trip. I have enjoyed this trip as well and I hope the coverage in the newspapers and the advertisements in Australia have encouraged a growing interest in things Swedish besides IKEA and ABBA of course. Not that they arent great but you know. Anyway, it has been a success for all involved and its great seeing the Crown Princess represent her country so well.

"I have found that through this trip, that I have admired Victoria more. I mean, I did before, but just seeing her in interviews and the way she presents herself over here, I can see why everyone loves her. My un-royal mother even became a fan after seeing one interview, so that says something."

I have to agree with these remarks by the antipodean admirer. I know of people who have no interest in royalty but upon hearing about Victoria or other royals admire them more and more for the way the present themselves and all of the work that they do.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Administrator

Where's Lena?

I am surprised this photo has passed without comment.

How about... who can come up with the best caption?
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Majesty

Embrace me, Australians!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was going to say something about that. I thought it was hilarious, but no one commented on it, so I thought it was just my "sense of humor" at work again. Ha ha ha. That's a good caption.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Monalisa and GrandDuchess for the pictures :)

Ive found a funny pic in a magazine and Ive thought this is (also) worth a caption competition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nose1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	113767  
Old 03-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Ive found a funny pic in a magazine and Ive thought this is (also) worth a caption competition.
Oh my goodness. What is she doing? It looks like a full-fisted version of "got your nose". Thank you for Lena the photo. :p

Old 03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:

"Here, let me take this back to Sweden as a souvenir."
Old 03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
I love this dress, and Vitoria is stunning in him, simple stunning
This is the first time i've seen pics of Victoria in Sydney and i must say she looks really good in this dress!!! Looks like she has been losing weight as well...
Old 03-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Who is that guy? She must know him very well if she does that. Touching strangers in their face is quite rude. Or does he have a royals bonus?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Who is that guy? She must know him very well if she does that. Touching strangers in their face is quite rude. Or does he have a royals bonus?
I don't think she's actually 'touching' him; I think it is just the angle at which the photo was taken. I think he looks like our ex-Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, but my mother doesn't agree. I am probably wrong.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I don't think she's actually 'touching' him; I think it is just the angle at which the photo was taken. I think he looks like our ex-Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, but my mother doesn't agree. I am probably wrong.
Well anyway the angle might be strange but he is sitting she is sitting
and a hand like that is strange to. Maybe men down under are different :)
Maybe thats the case becaus everything is upside down there why they get sick
Old 03-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Well anyway the angle might be strange but he is sitting she is sitting
and a hand like that is strange to. Maybe men down under are different :)
Maybe thats the case becaus everything is upside down there why they get sick
Well, I'm just trying to justify Victoria's strange hand actions. How do you rationalise your statement about people getting sick from living in Australia? Just because Australia is, "upside down" (which I have already pointed out is wrong), doesn't make it any less of a country. I find it offensive that people can still think Australia is somehow subservient to the world.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Didn't u see the smily? Was not meant to be taken serious
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is my translation of an interview with Crown Princess Victoria in Australia, featured in this week's issue!

Svensk Damtidning meets
Crown Princess Victoria

On the 37th floor in a skyscraper in Melbourne, Svensk Damtidnings reporter had a long chat with Swedens Crown Princess. A newly styled girl in a luxury package but also a proud and strong 27 year-old with newly found security in her PR assignments for the Kingdom of Sweden. Here Victoria tells about her trip, role models and the art of choosing clothes that does it.

The Crown Princess had has a full schedule during the trip, how does one have energy?
- Its all about balance. If one feels well one can handle more, and Im trying to find a balance in life. It can be tough sometimes, but I think Im doing pretty well. I like to be efficient. I dont want to travel to the other side of the globe and then have nothing to do.

What has been the most fun?
- Its hard to say anything specific. Because I get to see so much and meet such interesting people, I have had so many impressions. For example, I start the day by driving a Scania truck, visit a medical institute and to see Australian art. But to meet Australian animals, like yesterday, was fantastic. Im an animal freak!

Mary and Fredrik have just been here on a visit; do you believe the Australians have become a bit tired of royalty?
- Haha! I dont know, I think you have to answer that yourself. But I have been received in a wonderful way.

When you meet the media, you are asked questions about your private life and your boyfriend. How do you feel about that?
- As long as it happens with respect and as long as you accept that I dont want to talk about my private life ask away, but you might not get so many answers

We have noted that the Crown Princess style has changed the last year, and on this trip you bring a wonderful wardrobe.
- Yes, because Im here to represent Swedish style and design Im trying to wear as much Swedish clothes as possible. Its fun to show what Sweden has to offer and I want to help Swedish companies.

Do you choose the clothes yourself?
- Yes, but its tough, it must be right for the schedule, at the same time as one wants to feel comfortable. This dress is made by Per Engsheden.

How has your own interest for design and fashion developed during the last few years?
- It has always been there, I would say. I have the benefit of getting to see a lot of Swedish design when I travel in Sweden in my official role.

And there is an interest in the family?
- Yes, there are people around me that are especially interested.

What does the Crown Princess bring with her home, have you had time to shop anything or have you received any gifts?0
- I have received wonderful gifts; one of them is a stuffed koala. Its great!

What kind of impression have you gotten from Australia?
- It has been wonderful! Yesterday we had time to visit a vineyard, taste some wine and look at the beautiful landscape. The walk on the beach yesterday was great. But its not enough Australia is so huge! To move between the north and south part of the country is like travelling from the north of Sweden to northern Africa! I cant say that I have gotten an impression of Australia by only being here a week. But I have gotten a taste that makes me to gladly want to return again.

What is the first thing you will tell your family when you return home?
- I talked with them yesterday about the koalas and kangaroos and my dad mostly said aha, aha, aha, I think he wanted to hear other things about Australia, haha! But it was the first thing I told him. Then I have eaten great food. She shellfish was fantastic!

The kangaroo then?
- Not here. I have tasted it in Sweden. We were invited to the Australian Ambassador in Stockholm and there I tired it. It was very good!

How does a Crown Princess prepare for a trip like this?
- I talk to my parents about their trips to Australia, and I try to read as much as possible. But I dont expect to learn everything, and I hope you dont expect that either.

How is your normal life in Sweden like?
- Right now Im studying crisis handling and conflict resolution on part time, which is very interesting and it looks like we need it in the world.

The Princess life looks glamorous, but is it hard?
- Yes, it is, but its also like any other job. Its hard to be in the limelight, but one gets used to it. Then its fun and inspiring and I get a lot of energy by those that I meet. I get tired, but Im sure I will sleep on the plane home.

What is the worst thing with being a Crown Princess?
- There are many perks of course. But the hardest thing is to live up to the expectations that people have on me, and especially the expectations and demands that I have on myself. I want to be a good representative for Sweden.

How does one prepare for the role as a future Queen?
- Thats a good question! There isnt exactly a Queen school. I try to learn as much as possible about different things. A part of my education is travelling, and during the travels I meet many people and learn a lot about the country. I learn how it is to establish Swedish companies outside of Swedens borders.

Has the Crown Princess been media trained?
- No, but that could be needed, haha! One can always learn a few tricks, but the worst is that you journalists are taught the same tricks!

What would the Crown Princess like to do if she was not born to be a Princess?
- Its not a big secret that Im an animal friend, I would gladly work with something around that. It has been fantastic to meet Australian animals, they are not to be found anywhere else and dont look like any other animals either!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you GrandDuchess, you are a darling. Im sure other members appreciate your work.

Nitpicker Lena wants to compare two sentences:

Summer 2004 (also translated of GrandDuchess):
Quote:
How is it to always be seen? Everyone looks at the Crown Princess clothes, hair, and makeup and makes a judgement?
- Unfortunately I dont have a natural interest in clothes. It would make things easier. My profession is very much about wearing the right clothes out of the respect of others. I myself think there is too much of a focus on clothes. My sister triees to help me, but clothes is not something that I prioritise.
March 2005:
Quote:
How has your own interest for design and fashion developed during the last few years?
- It has always been there, I would say. I have the benefit of getting to see a lot of Swedish design when I travel in Sweden in my official role.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you GrandDuchess for translating the article. She really loved that stuffed koala. :) A very interesting observation, Lena.

Tags
australia, crown princess victoria, governor general, official visit