The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

I am not particularly fond of the purple dress. It looked like someone bleached the middle portion of the dress.

I first saw the a photo of Victoria from the waist up at the Swedish Style dinner and I said "WOW", and then I saw the rest of the gown.:( I am really not a fan of iredescent dresses part of the dress, that is my only complaint. I loveher hair (no ponytail!!!--yay!:p ), make up and jewelry.

Congrats to her for having a such successful trip!!

Thanks to all for the photos and articles.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thanks for the photos and the articles! That dress is stunning. Too bad about the watermark though. Boo to the lighting. It makes it shine so much! But besides that she looks gorgeous.

Love her shadow in that one photo! Neat.

Old 03-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you everyone for the photos. I am impressed by what Victoria wore last night. From what I can see (my internet is playing up and I can't open all the photos :() she isn't wearing those dodgy white shoes, and the equally dodgy ponytail is nowhere to be seen. I'm happy! The dress is really beautiful, and the detailing at the top really made the dress. It would have been a little boring otherwise. I don't know about yesterday's dress now. It was nice, but there was something I didn't like about it. I know, I am fussy and complain about everything. :p

Old 03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh good. I can finally see the photos.:) I like this photo. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=111609

Old 03-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Really nice photo thanks Danielle.
I'm sorry. I didn't post that photo. That was one of the ones GrandDuchess posted.

Some photos from today (Getty)
1. SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria, laughs as she is helped from a launch onto a jetty after arriving at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney, 18 March 2005, to open the Swedish design exhibition "4Stories".
2. Sweden's Princess Victoria (C), helped by New South Wales Governor Marie Bashir (L), cuts a ribbon at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney, 18 March 2005, to open the Swedish design exhibition "4Stories".
3. SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Sweden's Princess Victoria (R), accompanied by New South Wales Governor Marie Bashir (L) and other dignitaries, walks down a red carpet after arriving at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney.
4. SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Sweden's Princess Victoria waves to members of the Swedish community as she arrives by launch at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney.
5. SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Sweden's Princess Victoria (C), is helped from a launch onto a jetty after arriving at the Australian National Maritime Museum.
6 and 7. Sweden's Princess Victoria (front with flowers), is greeted by members of the Swedish community after arriving at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	112017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	112018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	112019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic4.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	112020  

Name:	Vic5.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	112021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic6.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	112022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic7.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	112023  

Old 03-18-2005, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two more pics from Cover.

Agree, the dress is indeed beautiful. I, especially like the beading around the neckline upto the waist. Except, she should really change the shoes. White shoes don't really go with the dress.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	K110161_01.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	112034   Click image for larger version

Name:	K110161_07.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	112035  
Old 03-18-2005, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

She's still wearing those terrible shoes again. I willl personally go and buy her a new pair. I really like what she is wearing though. Such a nice dress and it looks so lovely on her. Thank you pdas for the photos. :)

Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
She's still wearing those terrible shoes again. I willl personally go and buy her a new pair. I really like what she is wearing though. Such a nice dress and it looks so lovely on her. Thank you pdas for the photos. :)
You are most welcome, Danielle and Thank You for posting such wonderful photos of Victoria.

Let's both drag her shoe-shopping and get her some wonderful pairs of shoes Also, take this white pair and incinerate them, so they are gone for good.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
You are most welcome, Danielle and Thank You for posting such wonderful photos of Victoria.

Let's both drag her shoe-shopping and get her some wonderful pairs of shoes Also, take this white pair and incinerate them, so they are gone for good.
What a wonderful idea! I'm in. :) I think a pair in a more suitable colour would have gone better with some of her outfits. There is only so much white goes with, and that design is very limiting. I know I shouldn't over-analyse her shoes, but they annoy me so much, and I think everyone knows that by now. There are some really great boutique stores near her hotel, so hopefully she will stop in a few of them before she goes home.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Commoner

sorry if these have already been posted
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	v1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	112045   Click image for larger version

Name:	v2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	112046   Click image for larger version

Name:	v3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	112047   Click image for larger version

Name:	v4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	112048  

Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Article from SMH

This is from today's Sydney Morning Herald.

Apart from the headline it is a very sympathetic, and intersting, story. Victoria reveals a bit about herself, and comes across as vulnerable and endearing.
Sweet.
Queen's training begins in the kitchen

By Jordan Baker 18 March 2005:

When the Swedish embassy sent Crown Princess Victoria a suggested itinerary for her trip to Australia, she was not pleased. "You are not working me hard enough," she said.

Unlike other royal visitors, the tireless heir to the Swedish throne left herself little time for sightseeing during a 10-day visit to promote the Swedish Style in Australia festival.

Her final schedule involved 36 official events, including business seminars, an Abba musical, a trade fair and a talk on design innovations and home appliances at the Swedish company Electrolux. "When I go on trips like this I try to be as efficient as possible," the 27-year-old said on the second last working day of her visit. "It's a lot, but I like it. I'm having fun, too."

Princess Victoria became first in line to the Swedish throne at the age of two, when the country changed its constitution to allow a woman to be monarch even if she had a younger brother.

As part of her training, she has studied political science at Yale, worked as an intern at the United Nations and is now doing a course in crisis management and conflict resolution.

"There's no such thing as a school of queens," she said. "You try to learn as much as possible about so many different things in order to be able to talk to everyone and understand what they're talking to you about.

"It's difficult to be in the spotlight, yes, but you sort of get used to it as well. What I see as difficult is to live up to the expectations ... and help Swedish companies and Sweden in the most efficient and best ways possible and do my best."

Lessons in diplomacy are paying dividends. When asked her views on an Australian republic, she replied: "I am not supposed to have any political views. So I'm sorry, I'm passing on that one."

Princess Victoria believes it is harder for people not born into royalty, such as Australian-born Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, to cope with the pressures of the job.

"My advice [to Mary] would be to be herself and try to find balance in life, which is hard sometimes for all of us," she said.

"I've felt particularly that living up to people's expectations was one thing, but it was hard to live up to my own expectations and maybe I had too high goals. But you learn. Hopefully."
Old 03-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
wonder what earings she talks about did she wear the one she got as a present at her 27th birthday?
It wouldn´t surprise me, when all earrings, she has worn in the past during the days, were designed of Madeleine.

Thank you so much for the pictures and articles, Danielle, Monalisa, pdas, smudge and Warren :) :) :)

BUNTE is comparing Mary´s and Victoria´s styles in Australia directly. Photo-show ("weiter" means "forward" and "zurück" means "back"):

http://www.bunte.t-online.de/c/37/08...self,si=0.html

The article to the photoshow (BUNTE seems to be really fond of Daniel Westling. According to them, or a smitten journalist working for BUNTE, he would be Victoria´s best "accessoire" )... on the top (right corner) you can vote for the princess, who had the best look in Australia (Options: 1. Victoria...2. Mary and 3. "Am schicksten sind die Koalas!" = "The koalas look chicest" ) I suggest to vote for Victoria. Mary is a person, who seems to have a natural and big interest for style. There nothing needs to be "encouraged"
http://www.bunte.t-online.de/c/37/08/02/3708020.html
Old 03-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Governor-General Micheal Jeffrey and wife Mrs Jeffrey hosted a luncheon for Crown Princess Victoria in the Admiralty House in Kirribily just opposite the Opera House today, 18 March. From Fotomarktplatz:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12353579.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	112139   Click image for larger version

Name:	1424674689.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	112140   Click image for larger version

Name:	2353599023.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	112141   Click image for larger version

Name:	2435590.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	112142  

Name:	24527913153.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	112143  
Old 03-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess :)

I admit one of my many gaps in education (call me Westling ): I´m really confused of the Australian system of government. In the past days I´ve heard of governor Bashir, premier Carr and now governor-general Jeffrey. As I get it, at least the first two are heads of new south wales (?)
Why a governor and why a premier for new south wales? Usually I´m used to governors for federal states/counties and premiers/prime ministers for the complete state/country.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Nobility

i'm not too sure about the red dress victoria wore.
however, i do like the way she wore her hair, very different to what we are used to from this princess. :-)
Old 03-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney today, 18 March. Pictures from AAP:
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Nobility

oooh i like the bag.
and are those the white shoes that you guys dread seeing her in so much?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Crown Princess Victoria at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney today, 18 March. Pictures from AAP:
Is it just me, or is ETW watching quite skeptically, how her protégé is getting out of the boat in the first picture?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Administrator

You've got to be joking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Is it just me, or is ETW watching quite skeptically, how her protégé is getting out of the boat in the first picture?
I bet she's saying "Forget it boys, no way am I getting off the boat like that!"
Old 03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nettavisen in Norway has yet another article about Victoria (This is what happen when you dump the pinstriped suit:p ). The article is basically the article about Victorias new style translated by Lena, but it has a nice pictureshow with big pictures without watermark at the bottom of the article. Thr Article is called "Victoria charmes everyone"

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/m...icle362893.ece

As for the Bunte Victoria-Mary poll it is very easy for me to vote for Victoria, not only because I like her very much and she dressed better than usual but I accually prefered her style in 6\7 pictures posted. The red dress was beautiful from the waiste up and the hair perfect but the bottom was to shiny for my taste, and I still think the red dress is the best dress Mary has ever worn.

Tags
australia, crown princess victoria, governor general, official visit