The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I have always thought that this Name Day celebration for Victoria was created so that there would be some celebration for the crown princess in Stockholm too, because her birthday is celebrated in land.
Maybe the king decided that he doesn't want to celebrate his Name Day like this, that his birthday celebration is enough. The Name Days of the king, queen and crown princess are official flag days in Sweden, like their birthdays. But only Victoria's Name Day is officially celebrated.
Yes I think you are right, and I have heard the same thing from court/military officials in a video interview. What I recall Richard Beck-Friis saying is that Armed Forces doesn't celebrate her birthday, due to that it by tradition takes place on land, so this is their opportunity to do so. Don't have a good answer why the other name days aren't celebrated in the family though.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Estelle gets more adorable every time she appears. And I absolutely love that purple coat she is wearing!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

She is impressive for only be 3! Seriously! She behaves almost too much perfectly IMO
Old 03-13-2015, 03:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
She is impressive for only be 3! Seriously! She behaves almost too much perfectly IMO
I would be concerned if she looked too "proper", didn't interact, and looked at all stressed, but she doesn't, she looks like she's having a ball and her smile is enchanting.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2yynfXT1D3...ns-950x0-2.jpg

But oh dear, I have always prided myself on not being one of those people that gush over children and call them "cute" and sort of wondered "what are you going on about . . . it's just a kid", when grown adults turned to mush! But, here I find myself hoist with my own petard, looking at those pictures and thinking "Awww, now isn't that just sweet"!

Those videos and photos of Victoria and her "mini me" in purple are a delight and are definitely heading us all into sugar shock, especially the video of "Does you Mother Know". It seems Victoria and Daniel are raising a very composed yet engaging "short person". Kudos for them that she seems patient and happy most of the time, and even takes a shot at "dignified".

I laughed when I saw the gif of Estelle running off to her Nanny at the end so her mother could do a crowd walkabout. She looked so excited, like she wanted to tell her all about what happened.

Psst, Mummy, I got a secret . . .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WA84yZvQpZ...ns-950x0-2.jpg
Old 03-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Estelle is even cuter when she doesnt wear a bow
Old 03-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another video from Expressen
Prinsessan Estelle charmade p Kronprinsessans namnsdag | Kungligt | Expressen.tv
Old 03-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Video of Victoria. I have no clue what she is saying.
http://instagram.com/p/0IHCzrwLgM/
Old 03-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I would be concerned if she looked too "proper", didn't interact, and looked at all stressed, but she doesn't, she looks like she's having a ball and her smile is enchanting.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2yynfXT1D3...ns-950x0-2.jpg

But oh dear, I have always prided myself on not being one of those people that gush over children and call them "cute" and sort of wondered "what are you going on about . . . it's just a kid", when grown adults turned to mush! But, here I find myself hoist with my own petard, looking at those pictures and thinking "Awww, now isn't that just sweet"!

Those videos and photos of Victoria and her "mini me" in purple are a delight and are definitely heading us all into sugar shock, especially the video of "Does you Mother Know". It seems Victoria and Daniel are raising a very composed yet engaging "short person". Kudos for them that she seems patient and happy most of the time, and even takes a shot at "dignified".

I laughed when I saw the gif of Estelle running off to her Nanny at the end so her mother could do a crowd walkabout. She looked so excited, like she wanted to tell her all about what happened.

Psst, Mummy, I got a secret . . .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WA84yZvQpZ...ns-950x0-2.jpg
Yes! What I meant it is that to me it is incredible that a 3 year old behaves ao well, no matter how "right" she has been raised so far! I know children at that age can be very active, so I was just a litle surprised
Old 03-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Courtier

And another Instagram video.
https://instagram.com/p/0Iys7pndQc/
Old 03-13-2015, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Video of Victoria. I have no clue what she is saying.
http://instagram.com/p/0IHCzrwLgM/
Victoria says that "you are spoiling me" (meaning that she gets so much flowers). Someone asks how is the queen. Victoria says that after the circumstances... it is quite unpleasant... but it is like it is.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you to those who posted the videos, articles and links of Victoria's Name Day.

I enjoyed watching the videos, Estelle's little dances in some of them were adorable. She's grown up a lot! I loved the end of the Expressen video where Estelle was collecting gravel from the ground with her nanny. Who were the two older women next to them taking photos of Estelle? From the way they were acting towards her, they appeared to be rather close to Estelle, but I can't identify them, though at first I thought they may be one of the Haga Princesses (or Countesses Bernadotte) or part of the Westling family.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you to those who posted the videos, articles and links of Victoria's Name Day.

I enjoyed watching the videos, Estelle's little dances in some of them were adorable. She's grown up a lot! I loved the end of the Expressen video where Estelle was collecting gravel from the ground with her nanny. Who were the two older women next to them taking photos of Estelle? From the way they were acting towards her, they appeared to be rather close to Estelle, but I can't identify them, though at first I thought they may be one of the Haga Princesses (or Countesses Bernadotte) or part of the Westling family.
The women are from the staff of the court, the other of them is the First Lady of the court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke. All the people standing close to them were from the staff of the court, according to Expressen's Johan T Lindwall.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The splendid photos of Princess Victoria and Princess Estelle wearing the matching coats reminds me of the pictures of Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret Rose of England wearing beautiful matching dresses and hats or matching hats and coats.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kronprinsessan Victoria firar sin namnsdag www.GGFOTO.nu
Old 03-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos from different angle. Besides the photographers, also the staff of the court was taking photos of Victoria and Estelle.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

There aren't photos from Name Day in 2004 at this thread. Then Victoria drove with horse and carriage from the Royal Stables to the Royal Palace.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Due to the birth of the Crown Princess Couple's second child in March, no name day celebration will take place at the Inner Courtyard on March 12.
The Crown Princess name day celebration - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 02-17-2016, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

That was predictable!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, definitely expected. I doubt days or a week after giving birth, she will be wanting to be away from her baby for the ceremony. Did they have it in 2012 after Estelle was born? Since there is the big celebration on her actual birthday in July, there will still be some celebration.

Tags
crown princess victoria, name day