Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day - March 12: 2003-2011,2014-2015, 2017-2019-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can somebody tell me what Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day is all about?
"Name days" (namnsdagar) are celebrated in Sweden and Finland and is a tradition going back hundreds of years. The calendar has a name associated with each day. Originally only martyrs and saints names but not long ago more common names were added. It is like a mini birthday. The traditional coffee and cake and cards from family and close friends but perhaps also a small token gift.
Victoria is being celebrated on the day her name appear on the calendar.

"The calendar has a name associated with each day. .

Oh! That is a nice tradition! I wonder if they have a day named after "Elizabeth" so that someone can tell me what date it is, so that I can start a new tradition here at home!:lol:

I also hope time passes before Victoria geets to be Queen, let her have some years with a husband and to start a family and be with her family for several years before she has to assume the duties of Queen. It will also give Daniel time to get use to his role.
No matter when she becomes Queen I do think she will do her best and be an excellent Queen
I agree with you. I feel this way about all the younger royal couples. Give them some time.

Oh! That is a nice tradition! I wonder if they have a day named after "Elizabeth" so that someone can tell me what date it is, so that I can start a new tradition here at home!:lol:
November 19.

Yesterday, I saw these pics moving on the German TV channel ARD, and I must say, Daniel has a very sympathetic way to walk, to go, I do not dare to say, he has a sexy way to walk, but I do think it.

In Belgium it exists too. You have cards in the shops with "Bonne fête". Every day has a Saint associated and when it is the day of your Saint it is your "fête" !

has anybody seen or have info on this One hundred Swedish years" by Olle Hager and His Villius. I briefly saw new shot on svt from 1977 but nothing more.

Prince Daniel Westling is hot

Yesterday, I saw these pics moving on the German TV channel ARD, and I must say, Daniel has a very sympathetic way to walk, to go, I do not dare to say, he has a sexy way to walk, but I do think it.
I notice that too. ;)

Danny is a very good looking individual indeed.

ImageShack Album - 14 images Didnt see this thread. Also, noone seems to have taken a picture at the moment when Victoria and Daniel kissed.

I got to say a few words to Daniel when he was handling all the flowers: "So you are a packmule now" His response was "Yes" with a smile

ImageShack Album - 14 images Didnt see this thread. Also, noone seems to have taken a picture at the moment when Victoria and Daniel kissed.

I got to say a few words to Daniel when he was handling all the flowers: "So you are a packmule now" His response was "Yes" with a smile

You got to see Daniel and Victoria, cool. Is this the first time you've been to the name day celebrations? What was the attmosphere like? Sorry to ask all these questions I just want to know what it was like.

It's nice to know that Daniel does have a sense of humour.:flowers: I think that some of the Swedish media ect have rather unkind to him.

You got to see Daniel and Victoria, cool. Is this the first time you've been to the name day celebrations? What was the attmosphere like? Sorry to ask all these questions I just want to know what it was like.

It's nice to know that Daniel does have a sense of humour.:flowers: I think that some of the Swedish media ect have rather unkind to him.

Atmosphere was friendly. The lady next to me had made some nice things and the little girl to the right of me had made a painting:)

For some reason i seem to been phtogenic enough to be in one of the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Did just Victoria and Daniel attend this year?

This name tradition is great!But could anyone provide the link to the Swedish calendar of names(with all names)?

For some reason i seem to been phtogenic enough to be in one of the pictures
Happy for you. Everybody looked delighted to see them and talk to them. What a likeable couple !:flowers:

Beautiful photos, and what an interesting tradition. I love seeing Victoria and Daniel together, they're so happy!

Yes. I guess Silvia that usually attends decided that Victoria was old enough to manage without her parents
So attendance by royals at events are about babysitting?

So attendance by royals at events are about babysitting?

Off course it is. Thats why QE attends much of Charles events, to keep him from playing with the other kids or saying bad things:ROFLMAO:

I think she has gained weight, looking at her face.

Back
Top Bottom