Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day - March 12: 2003-2011,2014-2015, 2017-2019-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the article and photos Elsa M. What do other posters think on the subject of marriage? Do you think Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will marry in the late summer or early autumn this year?

I don't think they will marry until the spring or summer of 2007.

As much as I love royal news, I still can't understand how nowadays with so many children who need food and clothing and so many poor, poor countries, people have to set aside tax money for a royal wedding. Why do others have to pay? As much as I love Victoria, why can't she have a wedding according to her budget (at her citizen's expense???). Sorry for being so honest, but am I the only one who feels this way? Is it fair that in this century some countries still have to pay for unnecessary things as a "royal" wedding??? In a few years, no one will be a true "royal" considering that people are just marrying anyone...there are no royals left. Just an opinion. Please NO personal attacks :)

Roxsteve said:
As much as I love royal news, I still can't understand how nowadays with so many children who need food and clothing and so many poor, poor countries, people have to set aside tax money for a royal wedding. Why do others have to pay? As much as I love Victoria, why can't she have a wedding according to her budget (at her citizen's expense???). Sorry for being so honest, but am I the only one who feels this way? Is it fair that in this century some countries still have to pay for unnecessary things as a "royal" wedding??? In a few years, no one will be a true "royal" considering that people are just marrying anyone...there are no royals left. Just an opinion. Please NO personal attacks :)

I am not Swedish so I can't speak on behalf for all you Swedes out there and I obviously don't live in a country with our own royal family but I think every country pays taxes that go towards things deemed "unnecessary" by some people. A royal wedding is very expensive and I'm sure some people definitely don't want to pay the taxes for it; a royal family (to me it seems) is a symbol of unity and many citizens look up to them. Also, I think it has a lot to do with tradition. Besides, a royal wedding usually sparks interest in a given country with so much publicity. An example is the wedding in Denmark, now many Australians are interested in Denmark and I'm sure many Danish companies/organizations reap the profits from it.

Elsa M. said:
l day. The Heiress, who was enchanted by the amount of people who had come to wish her a happy day, shone for then a new image: loose hair, no glasses and a thinner image;

Memories of young Silvia Sommerlath come to mind - but it's a bit the "Princess Mary"-look, too. Very attractive...

Roxsteve said:
As much as I love royal news, I still can't understand how nowadays with so many children who need food and clothing and so many poor, poor countries, people have to set aside tax money for a royal wedding. Why do others have to pay? As much as I love Victoria, why can't she have a wedding according to her budget (at her citizen's expense???).

Probably the increase is not for the wedding alone but as a married lady the princess needs her own residence and additional staff.

If you view the tourism budgets most countrys have and see how much is spent on inviting travel journalists who shall promote the country as a travel destination in their media at home, then even the most expensive Royal wedding is cheap compared to other PR-actions with the same positive effect. Thus, it's worth it in any case.

Last edited:
Point well taken. Thanks for your input.

You have to remember that this isnt only Victorias wedding. This is all of Swedends wedding. That is why tax money pays for it. All of sweden unites and celebrates and becomes a part of it.

Princejohnny25 said:
You have to remember that this isnt only Victorias wedding. This is all of Swedends wedding. That is why tax money pays for it. All of sweden unites and celebrates and becomes a part of it.
Yes, if you want to watch you also have to pay. Just like the cinema. But there will also be hundred million or more outside Sweeden watching for free. That is good advertising!

Victoria looked so cute in her bakery outfit... :D

Name Days

Since Victoria has a nameday, do Madeleine and Carl-Philip have namedays that Sweden celebrates too, or is it just for Victoria because she is the crown princess?

Princejohnny25 said:

Do they do that for all Swedish people? I bet they have to work to have a nice wedding. That is just my opinion. I know I will be critized to death, but this is a forum, and I want to express my opinion. I love royals...I just don't understand why they can't work and just be royals. We are not in the medieval ages...times have changed.

Roxsteve said:
Do they do that for all Swedish people? I bet they have to work to have a nice wedding. That is just my opinion. I know I will be critized to death, but this is a forum, and I want to express my opinion. I love royals...I just don't understand why they can't work and just be royals. We are not in the medieval ages...times have changed.
yes but isn't being a royal nowadays like having a full time job but instead of working 9/5, 5 days a week, their kinda like on "call" 24/7

They do work and they do get paid. I dont understand what yoursaying. They do save up and have to cut on certain things to make it easier to pay for.

Actually, Victoria is 28 soon to be 29 this year. I think the article was a bit off. :)

How old is Daniel now?
In the article it says 30 but then it doesn't seem to be a reliable source for the ages;)

The celebration of Victoria's name day is Monday and that should mean a big day for some great pics! Maybe this will be an occasion where we will be able to see her with her hair down.:rolleyes:

Aurora810 said:
The celebration of Victoria's name day is Monday and that should mean a big day for some great pics! Maybe this will be an occasion where we will be able to see her with her hair down.:rolleyes:
Today is Crown Princess Victoria's nameday and I simply can't await to see the first pictures!
Maybe you are right, Auroro810. Maybe Victoria will wear her hair down. On last year's nameday she did...
Dear Victoria, have a nice nameday!!!

ANP shows pictures of Victoria today celebrating her nameday:ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
Very similar style to last year's pics. This year she went with a gray and black color scheme. I really like the coat, the lace part on the sleeves is especially nice. Love the boots as well. Would have liked to have seen more pics of the cake/baking event. Her hair is up not down however it's not actually in a ponytail.;)

Happy Name day Victoria!!!

Thanks for the pictures she looked very good today, even though not as amazing as last year imo.
ANP Beeldbank:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

KathaFD: That must have been so cool to meet her like that in private - i wish i would too :wub: ;)

Last edited:
I love all of her outfit and boots, a nice change.

thank you for the link of the photo ^^

good look for Princess Victoria

the best ive seen victoria at is at "name day" she really looked good, outfit, hair etc. Loved the jacket & boots. events before that she looked good as well. she seems to be really bust these days

I do genuinely believe that Crown Princess Victoria is a very nice person, I know one can never tell by simply looking at a photograph but something about her in photographs radiates a special sort of light. I can't really explain what I mean but I hope you can all try and understand what I'm saying.

rop81 said:
Happy Name day Victoria!!!

Thanks for the pictures she looked very good today, even though not as amazing as last year imo.
ANP Beeldbank:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

KathaFD: That must have been so cool to meet her like that in private - i wish i would too :wub: ;)
must have missed that completly..best wishes..and amazing outfit...hardly rememeber seeing her in boots...looks gourgeous

Name Day, 2008

12-03-2008 Princess Victoria celebrated today her nameday and was congratulated by the Royal Guards at the innercourt od the Royal Palace in Stockholm and received tulips of the regiment and flowers from some people that congratulated the Princess.

gallery

PPE Agency

Last edited:
12-03-2008 Copenhagen Princess Victoria celebrated today her nameday and was congratulated by the Royal Guards at the innercourt od the Royal Palace in Stockholm and received tulips of the regiment and flowers from some people that congratulated the Princess.

gallery

PPE Agency

Copenhagen??You must not always rely on captions,it should read Stockholm.

Back
Top Bottom