Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day - March 12: 2003-2011,2014-2015, 2017-2019-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruthieviews

Well, I am disappointed that CP Victoria didn't announce wedding plans today. If she was going to give us that "surprise in her back pocket,' this was the day to do that. Heck, even Monaco announced an upcoming wedding to be held this fall (per Royalty Nu). She did look nice in that suit she wore for her name day, but the hair....uh uh.

Ritva, who has a fabulous website about the Swedish Royal Family was interviewed on TV today when she attended Victoria's namesday event.

I also wanted an announcement, but since her names day happened to be in the middle of the Romanian state visit, it probably wasn't the best timing for it.
How about Sunday? Then everyone is free from work and school and can watch the engagement interview on television!!

Haha, I believe it is wishful thinking. She looked beautiful on her nameday, I believe the suit was recycled though. She is such a people person, which makes her very likeable.

With a reservation for something unexpected I think the best we can do is just to give up "our hope" for a marriage this year. At least for Victoria.

from what year has victoria taken part in her name day
is it any year that she has not taken part of her name year
for example when she was at yale

Crown Princess Victoria's Name Day; March 12, 2009

Hey this year, i´ll travel to this date not only but its very nice that i´this day is although when i´m in stockholm, does anyone know when the "event" starts, at which time will Victoria at the royal palace to get gratulate?
Thanks
katha

Hey this year, i´ll travel to this date not only but its very nice that i´this day is although when i´m in stockholm, does anyone know when the "event" starts, at which time will Victoria at the royal palace to get gratulate?
Thanks
katha

At the royal palace the guards are changing at 12.00 every day.
And 12/3 thats a part of the "events" for Victoria...
You have seen the pictures of her getting flowers from one of the soldiers in the royal swedish army drums, who usually are playing at the change of guards that day...

i wrote a email to the royalcourt and they answered. 11.30 untill 12.20 Victoria will be in the inercircle of the Citycastle

In the evening of CP Victoria's nameday, one of the annual Bernadotte representation galas takes place. As of now, The King and Queen and the Crown Princess are scheduled to attend.
No access for the public here, but it will be interesting to see if Daniel Westling will be present as well. Queen Silvia did attend such a gala after her engagement, when she was still the King's fiancée.

According to Expressen, Daniel will be there with Victoria! :flowers:

Nu gör Daniel debut på slottet - Förlovningen - Expressen.se

According to the news story, the Crown Princess insisted on having her fiancé there to celebrate her Namesday. The Court's Press chief Nina Eldh says:"Daniel Westling is going to be at the courtyard and will attend the official gala dinner in the evening." The King has other official duties during the day but the Queen will be at the Palace. The king will attend the festivities later in the evening. According to some sources it is possible that even Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip will take part in the celebration of Victoria's Namesday.

The original plan was to wait before Daniel Westling would represent as an official member of the royal family. They were planning to wait until Victoria's birthday in July but she had other plans. The king didn't think it would be wise to have him representing the family so soon, only couple of weeks after the engagement but Victoria "wants to show her Daniel to the whole world" says Expressen.

It will definitely be a most interesting day to watch.
First the inner courtyard appearance at Stockholm Palace celebrating Victoria's name day, with Daniel Westling and probably the Queen in attendance.
And at night the second of the annual Bernadotte representation dinners - the Crown Princess, her fiancé, and the King and Queen together for the first time in full gala attire.
Nina Eldh announced that Daniel Westling will be seated next to the Crown Princess at the banquet table. Not exactly the correct protocol, but coming in handy for him in order to learn the ropes.

Aftonbladet also write today that Daniel will be present both at the courtyard and at the galadinner.

Since i have a vacation from work this week i´m going to travel to Stockholm tomorrow and be at the palace to see Victoria and Daniel, this will be the first time so i´m really looking forward to it :flowers:

It is expected that Daniel will assist Victoria. He is official fiance anyway.:)
I can't wait for pics.

I am not too surprised to learn that Mr. Westling is going to attend offical events (i.e., courtyard and gala dinner) celebrating Crown Princess Victoria's namesday. He is almost son-in-law and Duke. It is high time for him to start acclimatising to a new role.

Please forgive my ignorace, what is Victoria's Namesday? How did it come about? What is the significance of the day?

Most likely not. The schedule on svt.se isn´t indicating anything like that. But they would probably have a video afterwards on their Royal page...and probably Expressobladet would have videos too.
svt.se - Kungahuset

All Swedish Victorias celebrate their nameday today ;) Actually a nameday isn´t a big thing in Sweden, but since Victoria is always on Öland at her birthday, the idea was, that also the ppl in Stockholm should have a day, when they can "cheer" their crown princess.

So a short ceremony got introduced. "Med en enkel tulipan" gets played and the crown princess gets flowers from a guard in the inner court yard. It´s nothing big...just a small celebration.

Today also a representation dinner is taking place in the evening.
Members from the government, diplomats, ppl with functions in culture, sports and economy get invited by the king & queen 2 times a year (mostly in January and March) for a dinner at the Royal Palace.
That the second one is this year at Victoria´s nameday is a coincidence and not standard...

Thanks Susanne for the quickly information.

It's great that the queen attend the ceremony, too. The queen give her support to Daniel!

thank u for this link!!

It's great that the Queen gives her support to Daniel! she certainly remember her first steps when she was the fiancé of the king! I suppose it was not easy for her too! she's the person who can understand what Daniel is going through!!

Victoria looks wonderful and happy!! I guess she's now relieve that she can show her love to everyone!

Thanks for the photos!
Crown Princess Victoria looks really radiant. Mr. Westling's chat with Queen Sylvia is a good sign.

Queen Silvia is definitely very conscious of her image, and both her dressing down today and the fact that she made a point of showing a very approving attitude towards Daniel Westling are certainly no coincidence.
More opportunity to present a united family (including the King) comes tonight, at the representation gala. Swedish press reports from today continue to claim that it's the King (rather than the Queen) who remains sceptical about his daughter's union.

Queen Silvia 'bonding' with her future son-in-law during the ceremony:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5287/9362790.jpg

thank you so much for the photos

wonder when there will be a adding to Daniel at Victorias forum....

Back
Top Bottom