The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Crown Princess Victoria's Household/Court

Is Victoria usually accopanied by the lady on her right? I am terribly annoyed as I seem unable to recall her name, but somehow I have become rather fond of her (no idea why, maybe just because I saw her often enough on pictures). I believe she is a mistress of the robes or something like that?

Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Lady who accompanies crown princess Victoria is her Court Marshal Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg (born 1950). Ms. Tarras-Wahlberg worked before as Director of the Press and Information Department at the Royal Court.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

That was the name I was looking for indeed, thanks! The lady who usually has to deny that there will be weddings this year etc . I think Sweden must be the first court that has a woman as Court Marshal? CP Victoria doesnt have her own ladies-in-waiting I believe, does she borrow one of her mothers at times or does she just gets assisted by other people of the court at public duties (like mrs. Tarras-Wahlberg).
Old 11-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

You can see from the Swedish Royal Courts website that the crown princess was given her own household in October 2004. The household is headed by Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
The Royal Court/Sweden
Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
That was the name I was looking for indeed, thanks! The lady who usually has to deny that there will be weddings this year etc . I think Sweden must be the first court that has a woman as Court Marshal? CP Victoria doesnt have her own ladies-in-waiting I believe, does she borrow one of her mothers at times or does she just gets assisted by other people of the court at public duties (like mrs. Tarras-Wahlberg).
That might very well be the case, but ETW is not the first female Court Marshal in Sweden - she's the second. The first is Baroness Elisabeth Palmstierna, head of HRH Princess Lilian's Household.

Crown Princess Victoria has chosen not to have Ladies-in-Waitings like her mother the Queen, instead she's chosen to have Aide-de-Camps - the first female royal to do so in Sweden I believe. She has three of them that alternate in duty but sometimes only ETW accompanies her, it depends on the nature of her engagement I guess.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Majesty

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg leaves her position with Victoria

Victorias mentor Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg will leave the swedish court after this summer.
Is she still Victorias mentor or is she only handeling her court
Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

ETW must have been a tremendous support for Victoria for many years. What a blessing to have had the same person being part of her team. Victoria definitively seems to have hit her own stride - the confidence she is displaying is very noticable. Good luck to ETW in her new adventure and to Victoria in her task of finding someone new to complete her team.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Gentry

ruthieviews

I am confused by the abrupt announcement that Elizabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, CP Victoria's Court Marshall, will leave that position at the end of summer to take a post in Qatar. Could we please have some background on why she is leaving at that time, what her position will be in Qatar, and what CP Victoria will do to replace her. What were her specific duties as Court Marshall? I could only find one article on her leaving and that was in Swedish, which I don't speak. Could this possibly have something to do with CP Victoria marrying and creating a new household? Does she have a husband? If so, perhaps this move has to do with his employment. Could we please have some informative background on this new development? Thank you.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

After 32 years at the Swedish royal court she is probably ready for some new adventures. She is divorced. Was offered the position after being contacted by a headhunter.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Information about ms. Tarras-Wahlberg:
The Local/Princess Victoria's advisor quits Swedish royalty
Old 05-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Gentry

As it was in the news on Sunday The Emir of Quatar played an integral part in the Lebanon peace process:

Al Jazeera English - News - New Lebanon President In Unity Call

There are quite often outgoing State visits from Quatar:

H.H. The Amir's Visits
H.H. The Amir's Visit to Romania
H.H. The Amir's Visit to U.S.A
Old 10-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Majesty

how does crown princess couples household look like today how many are there working in this group?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Aristocracy

Great question, I would like to know this too and also if Prince Daniel has a comparable staff of his own butlers, personal assistants, etc...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortiz View Post
Great question, I would like to know this too and also if Prince Daniel has a comparable staff of his own butlers, personal assistants, etc...

i were more thinking of administration
Old 09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

Crown Princess Victoria's staff

Does anybody knows who or which are the personnel of Crown Princess Victoria?
I mean if she has a personal assistant; a lady-in-waiting like the Queen, a pr, stylist? I know she has a stylist and I hink i know about the Queen and the King, but I don't know who work for her.
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
Does anybody knows who or which are the personnel of Crown Princess Victoria?
I mean if she has a personal assistant; a lady-in-waiting like the Queen, a pr, stylist? I know she has a stylist and I hink i know about the Queen and the King, but I don't know who work for her.
Thanks in advance!
CP Victoria has an aide de camp just like most regents and crown princes. The aide de camps are female military officers that take turns to do the honor.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

that s very interesting, thank you!
anybody else works for the Crown Princess?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria was given her own household in October 2004. The Crown Princess's household is headed by the Marshal of the Court, Jrgen Lindstrm. Crown Princess Victoria has a secretary.
H.R.H. The Crown Princess's Household - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is an article from 2005 describing the work of the aide de camp.

Victorias tre adjutanter - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nje
Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Nobility

Not to be morbid ...

But what happens when the "boss" dies? CG is still young but at some point he will eventually die. At that time, does Victoria's staff then become HM The Queen's Household or does she "inherit" her father's? I would assume the former because they would have been working together...but then what happens to the former king's staff...I'm sure they try and work those folks who still wish to continue working for the court into a new position but there can't necessarily be that many open at any given time...do they just get laid off? I know that the staff of Princess Lilian's household is probably not that large (maybe even only Elisabeth Palmstierna, her longtime companion and Marshal of the Court). Palmstierna is also very old and since Lilian's seclusion may already be "retired". But if there are any others, are they still working/working in another office/laid off?

Tags
court, crown princess victoria, staff