Crown Princess Victoria's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is it with Victoria ... another outfit with pants ?

Josefine  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 4:12 pm
colourpress.com

A comparison overall between Victoria and Mary ... neutral appearance. Neither outshines the other.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 13th, 2003 - 8:35 pm
Maybe she wants to feel a bit vulnerable .. maybe she's a bit envious of the pending couple thing between Mary and Fred.
Why should she WANT to feel vulnerable? And actually she´s no single, she has her beloved Daniel at home...and a few weeks ago Mary wasn´t in another position than Daniel II.
I disbelieve that she wanted to let Mary the show (or isn´t this Moulin-Rouge-top exciting enough for you, guys ;) ), I guess it´s rather a convenience-thing.
Once there was in the german magazine BUNTE (german´s biggest gossip magazine, though more respectable than other mags on the german market) a picture of Victoria and a try of a psychoanalysis of Victoria (and her style). And there the psychologist claimed that the reason why Victoria wear her hair out of the face (she had a ponytail on the picture) is, because she wants to say "I don´t style myself beautiful for you (=the people)". ;) Well, just an tabloid-analysis

Attachments

• vic_1.jpg
    vic_1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 304
  • vic_1a.jpg
    vic_1a.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 351
  • vic_1b.jpg
    vic_1b.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 348
  • vic_1c.jpg
    vic_1c.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by a moderator:
Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 9:14 pm
(King Christian @ Nov 13th, 2003 - 8:35 pm)
Maybe she wants to feel a bit vulnerable .. maybe she's a bit envious of the pending couple thing between Mary and Fred.

Why should she WANT to feel vulnerable? And actually she´s no single, she has her beloved Daniel at home...and a few weeks ago Mary wasn´t in another position than Daniel II.
Have we seen Daniel since the end of the New York venture ?

I disbelieve that she wanted to let Mary the show (or isn´t this Moulin-Rouge-top exciting enough for you, guys ), I guess it´s rather a convenience-thing.
I was just moaning :flower: about the uneven edge along the top. Looks like a Walmart Special this way.

... psychologist claimed that the reason why Victoria wear her hair out of the face (she had a ponytail on the picture) is, because she wants to say "I don´t style myself beautiful for you (=the people)".
Oh. :yuk:

Well, WE haven´t seen Daniel II, but probably she has. This Letizia-thing should us make more distrustful ;) But I still wonder if Victoria still lives at Drottningholm, or at Daniel´s cosy flat???

Hehe, Walmart-yes, maybe a little bit, but it looks nice on her, Mary´s (dress) looks a little bit prudish (just a little bit, and compared to the Mary Donaldson from 2000 and compared to the Walmart-girl ;) )

Interesting reaction!

I think I don´t want to know, which clothes Frederik really like on his Mary :p

A "yes" on what? A yes on your reaction. A yes on it, that this psychologist was/is crazy. A yes on it, that Victoria shouldn´t wear ponytails. A yes on it, that I have less agreements with you KC (but I loooove our discussions) :)

Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:04 pm
less agreements with you KC (but I loooove our discussions)
I'm too provocative for you .... where Victoria is concerned ? This is news to me.

i so sorry for the stars up there the * (astertiks spelling?) i ment to type "shirt" not the curse word haha , i guess on the page all vulgars words comes up with a stars, once again sorry for the mistakes what was i thinking!! lol it is quit funny

maybe victoria comes here and takes some advise from us , on the hair. maybe madde can help with the flat iron?? it seems that madde uses it for her hair, because her hair, how is it naturally, texture?

victoria, mayeb goes low key, because at majoer events she will like double super stunning

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:07 pm
Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:04 pm
less agreements with you KC (but I loooove our discussions)
I'm too provocative for you .... where Victoria is concerned ? This is news to me.
Yeah, you are really provocative....but it would be soooo damn boring without you :flower:
"Victoria is concerned"..I fear I don´t understand :unsure:

@sexyswede
Yes, there was the curse word before...really funny. ;) ..and I´ve called your comment "harsh" because of that ;)
And yes, Madeleine has naturally a little bit curly hair : other thread ...but she seems to be far more hysterical about her look, than her sister.

"I tend to agree in part with both Sexyswede and Lena with Victoria's outfit. It seems to have missed the mark .. is this deliberate to let Mary shine ? Or is Victoria pooped with all the travelling, and this is a place where she can get away with it a little bti ?

What's the matter with the pony-tail .... it exposes her lovely neck. Maybe she wants to feel a bit vulnerable .. maybe she's a bit envious of the pending couple thing between Mary and Fred."

Don't try to outshine the hostess. However, by that measure. Mary should have been in something better. I like her dress but still. And very true on the neck thing. I liked the blazer that Victoria had on though. Vulnerable? She can always come back here. I'd make her feel strong and powerful again!

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:34 pm

Don't try to outshine the hostess.
The gala was at the SWEDISH embassy in Copenhagen, so Victoria was the hostess!

I'd make her feel strong and powerful again!

how? ;)

BTW, have you noticed, that Victoria has "lost" at least one cup-size (needless statement :p )

Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:39 pm
The gala was at the SWEDISH embassy in Copenhagen, so Victoria was the hostess!
So very true.
But here Victoria and Fred are born to the role, and this is Mary's very first "official" outing to meet up with friends.
I like Victoria's discretion here (being imo persay a bit sloppy on her clothes match). She can, as we know do better ... but hey ... Mary's not competition, so why sweat it.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:56 pm

But here Victoria and Fred are born to the role, and this is Mary's very first "official" outing to meet up with friends.
Do you mean with "friends" Frederik and Victoria?? I wonder in which language they talk with each other. Must be very tough, when Fred and Victoria are talking in danish or even swedish. Yes, Mary would probably understand it, and she could answer in english, but I guess she would feel (felt) excluded in a way (the other language, the long friendship between Fred and Vic...)

Sorry. You're right. Then in that case. Both should have dressed up more. I am just reminded of Martha Louise who wears such interesting gowns. Yes, the attention should be on Mary and maybe Victoria was doing her a favor. People have said that possibly they don't get along? I don't know where that come from. Anyway, Mary was probably just trying not to be too anxious.

Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 11:04 pm
Do you mean with "friends" Frederik and Victoria??
I meant more, Denmark and Sweden.

I wonder in which language they talk with each other. Must be very tough, when Fred and Victoria are talking in danish or even swedish.
Apparently there is some similarity between the Nordic languages ... and hence they can understand 80% of the other's languages, but I'm no expert in this. We should ask Josefine and Yennie to tell us their experiences in this regard.

I would imagine in this instance, they might speak :flower: french, seeing Mary was in Paris for a while. French is the Corps Diplomatique lingua-franca. ;)

Yes, Mary would probably understand it, and she could answer in english, but I guess she would feel (felt) excluded in a way (the other language, the long friendship between Fred and Vic...)
I wonder though .... Mary's there with Fred, and Victoria has her (pardon me) nobody there. Its just (I suppose) like any spouse (spousal unit, as a lady once told me) marrying into a family ... there is a period of adjustment.

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 13th, 2003 - 11:12 pm
Sorry. You're right. Then in that case. Both should have dressed up more. I am just reminded of Martha Louise who wears such interesting gowns. Yes, the attention should be on Mary and maybe Victoria was doing her a favor. People have said that possibly they don't get along? I don't know where that come from. Anyway, Mary was probably just trying not to be too anxious.
Where did people say that? I can´t imagine that a diplomatic girl, like Victoria don´t get along with a girl like Mary, who is new in the Royal circles, and who NEED friends there to survive.
Maybe Mary should start with Victoria a talk about "chest hair on men" (like at the bar in 2000 at the Olympics) :p and soon they would be friends ;)

"And judging the pics above (yes, I know, that we can´t really judge, just guess): Do you think that Mary D. and cp Victoria like each other?"

Misread. I thought it was sarcastic. Elles peuvent parlent francais si c'est possible.

No, you are right. That's why I thought it was a smart move by the Danish court to have a cool cat as we say here to be there for Mary's first evening especially one who has been in the spotlight her whole life. No, Find the German chief editor!.

Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:48 pm
BTW, have you noticed, that Victoria has "lost"
:flower: obviously important for the ladies. Can't understand why ...

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 13th, 2003 - 11:36 pm
No, you are right. That's why I thought it was a smart move by the Danish court to have a cool cat as we say here to be there for Mary's first evening especially one who has been in the spotlight her whole life. No, Find the German chief editor!.
Cool :meow: -nice term ;)
But maybe a self-help-group with Maxima, Mette-Marit and Letizia would help Mary more (but they could take Victoria as leader) : "My name is Mary...and (hawing)...I´m crown princess to be"-chorus/the whole group "Hello Maaarryyyy"
We aren´t aloud to speak french ("board language is english") ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 13th, 2003 - 11:37 pm
Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 10:48 pm
BTW, have you noticed, that Victoria has "lost"
:flower: obviously important for the ladies. Can't understand why ...
Haha, I´ve read the post, before you have edited it...and it´s tough, when someone is reading ALL my posts ;) How should I know, what Frederik prefers, I´m not the Royal negligee-deliverer ;)
That with the cup-size was just a factual anatomical conclusion ;)
And why all women are interested in such cup-questions... A M-A-N shouldn´t ask that :p ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, if you work out, you can get bigger or you get smaller. That's what my fitness trainer sister says. O, please. Lena. I get such few chances to speak my second language! Anyway, slight correction on the usage of the word "Cat" in this sense. While in the old times, 1940s-1960s, cat usually meant a male and was used by hipsters with an interest in jazz. Thus, the cool part. Of course, "Cat" is often used for women as well. I should have used the best word in English for that sentence and that would be of course, sangfroid! Huh! Merci pour l'invasion normand!

Is there a 12 step program? Victoria as mentor!

Letizia, Mette-Merit, Maxima, Mary and Victoria. And how about Sophie, Countess of Wessex? She would be good in that group.

Hey guys, do you really think, that I don´t read your posts before you edit ;) Guys not interested in mammarial things...well you´ve forgotten two exceptions (little men, from age 0-9 months and male gynaecologists)...but I can´t remember any other exception... :innocent: ;)
Well, I don´t think that it would be very successful, if we would talk french...my french is horrible (even much more worse than my english and swedish). But you can write HRH a letter in french, she would probably understand (she had french at Yale)
Haha, 12 rules...first rule: SUE THE GERMAN TABLOIDS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Yes, maybe, but Sophie is no crown princess, better we would take cp Mathilde in it (though she´s as former noble more familiar with those Royal things)

And yes, your trainer sister is right. Maybe it´s the same with Victoria. So I don´t want to deepen this topic (e.g talking about gland-tissue, fat and chest muscles)...I fear I would confuse you, guys ;)

Back
Top Bottom