Crown Princess Victoria's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you had read my post a couple of messages earlier, you would have found out that Victoria studied in the spring at the Stockholm University, at the orientation course in polar environments, which gave her 7.5 credits.
The court hasn't told, if she will continue her studies in the autumn.

Sorry, didn't pay the attention that was necessary. Thanks for the info

If you had read my post a couple of messages earlier, you would have found out that Victoria studied in the spring at the Stockholm University, at the orientation course in polar environments, which gave her 7.5 credits.
The court hasn't told, if she will continue her studies in the autumn.

i was wondering what it means that it gives her 7.5 credits. Does anybody know? i mean we have credits but they are useful only if you are majoring in something, but it seems like she was just doing 1 course. Maybe it's different in sweden so i figured i'd ask
Thanks

i was wondering what it means that it gives her 7.5 credits. Does anybody know? i mean we have credits but they are useful only if you are majoring in something, but it seems like she was just doing 1 course. Maybe it's different in sweden so i figured i'd ask
Thanks

No idea either :/ it might me different in Sweden. I also find it interesting she's starting a course now.

Full time studies equals (these days) 30 credits per semester. That means that this particular course equals 25% study time.

No idea either :/ it might me different in Sweden. I also find it interesting she's starting a course now.
The Swedish university system is different from the traditional US system. My son just completed his masters at Uppsala and each semester (termin) was divided into two sections with different classes for each section. It appeared to be more like the "intensive courses" that are available in the US. A semester class is done in 6-8 weeks instead of 12 weeks.

Wasn't that the times of her recover from anorexia? It must be hard for her to tell about her memories from those dark times, I think.

Expressen's royal expert Karen Lennmor at her chronicle yesterday

That is how Victoria is trained to a Queen
Last week, Crown Prince Victoria traveled to Värmland, nature reserve Glaskogen, as the fourth visit in a hiking series through Sweden's all provinces.
The hiking series began in September, they invite the public to meet the crown princess in less artificial forms. Visiting all provinces of Sweden was a birthday present that Victoria gave herself on her 40th anniversary.
But hiking around the country and meeting people is also an important part of what Karin Lennmor calls for the "Queen School".
- It's important for a future queen to go out in the country and meet people. There will also be meetings in a different way than at the formal ordinary royal meetings.
When father King Carl Gustaf is away, the Crown Princess acts as a temporary regent. She did this during the Terror attack on Drottninggatan in April this year, because the King and Queen Silvia were in Brazil.
- You think our royals don't have a solid education, but Crown Princess Victoria has since her graduation been educated in what is called "Queen School".
The list of the Crown Princess's merits can be made long. In addition to Sweden, she has studied in both the United States and France, she has a military training planned and carried out with the Armed Forces, she has worked at the Swedish Trade Council in Paris, and also in Sweden's Government and Parliament.
- And when Sweden had the European Union presidency, Victoria participated in the background to learn everything about the EU. She is extremely well trained, says Lennmor.
Så skolas kronprinsessan Victoria till drottning _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning
Many have probably forgotten that Victoria spent three weeks in a kind of mini-conscription. In 2003 she was trained at Swedint, the Swedish Armed Forces' center for international operations, in Almnäs, outside Södertälje. She lived in barracks with 50 other men and women, like any conscript.
- She will do what is usually called an old honest green service. She will simply receive a basic soldier training. From what I have understood, she wants to do the education on the same terms as the others and that means that you live together. I'm convinced she's going to be one of the gang, said Brigadier General Claes-Göran Hedén at the time.
Victoria got to learn everything you need to function in battle, weapon handling included. True to her habit, Victoria crawled through the mud and lived in the forest like all other recruits.
- There will then be a series of hardship and survival exercises. Victoria and her classmates will then live out in the field. They will live in tents and cook their own food. It means a lot to us and I am convinced that she will benefit of this, said Claes-Göran Hedén.
Victorias hemliga liv – försvann helt från familjen _*Svensk Dam

Imago-Images gallery

Press release from the court

HRH The Crown Princess begins training program in the Armed Forces
In 2022, the Crown Princess will undergo a series of training within the Armed Forces in order to increase her knowledge and understanding of the Armed Forces' tasks and activities at a strategic, operational and higher tactical level.
As an heir to the throne, the Crown Princess continues to train continuously regarding Sweden's defence, through visits to various activities and through training such as the one that is now beginning.
During the spring, the training program will include a number of days of training and information at the Armed Forces' headquarters. This is followed by participation in the Solbacka course, arranged by the Swedish Defence University in collaboration with the Swedish Armed Forces and the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency. The one week long course is aimed primarily at senior executives in authorities, municipalities and business. The aim of the course is to strengthen the understanding of Sweden's security policy, crisis preparedness and total defence.
Later in the autumn, participation in a military strategic and operational command exercise will follow, as well as training regarding a higher tactical command level at the respective defence branch staffs.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan påbörjar utbildningsprogram i Försvarsmakten - Sveriges Kungahus

Interesting, I hope the court and the Armed Forces publish information and photos during the training.

Hovets besked om Victoria – stora förändringen för kronprinsessan _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Today, the Crown Princess began an education program within the Armed Forces that will run in 2022.
The first day of training began at the Headquarters where the Crown Princess together with the Commander-in-Chief participated in military strategic staff orientation. Following this, training and lectures were followed by, among other things, the Defense Forces, the outside world situation, defense policy topics and the authorities' tasks and objectives.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ9zGKQKUrp/

Press release from the court

HRH The Crown Princess begins training program in the Armed Forces
In 2022, the Crown Princess will undergo a series of training within the Armed Forces in order to increase her knowledge and understanding of the Armed Forces' tasks and activities at a strategic, operational and higher tactical level.
As an heir to the throne, the Crown Princess continues to train continuously regarding Sweden's defence, through visits to various activities and through training such as the one that is now beginning.
During the spring, the training program will include a number of days of training and information at the Armed Forces' headquarters. This is followed by participation in the Solbacka course, arranged by the Swedish Defence University in collaboration with the Swedish Armed Forces and the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency. The one week long course is aimed primarily at senior executives in authorities, municipalities and business. The aim of the course is to strengthen the understanding of Sweden's security policy, crisis preparedness and total defence.
Later in the autumn, participation in a military strategic and operational command exercise will follow, as well as training regarding a higher tactical command level at the respective defence branch staffs.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan påbörjar utbildningsprogram i Försvarsmakten - Sveriges Kungahus

Interesting, I hope the court and the Armed Forces publish information and photos during the training.

Hovets besked om Victoria – stora förändringen för kronprinsessan _*Svensk Dam

I am very surprised CP Victoria hasn't done this type of training before, especially military strategy. I know she has done training drills with army, but this is very different.

The Armed Forces published today about Victoria's education
"Did you know that one of the Crown Princess's tasks is to train in the Armed Forces?
Yesterday, Crown Princess Victoria had her first training day at Headquarters, where she, together with Supreme Commander Micael Bydén, participated in military strategic staff orientation. It is a meeting that takes place every week where large parts of the management in the Armed Forces and other high-ranking commanders participate. The training program within the Armed Forces is ongoing in 2022 and aims to increase the Crown Princess's knowledge and understanding of the Armed Forces' tasks and activities.
In addition to training at Headquarters, she will also participate in military exercises and visit other units around the country.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=318987906936393&set=a.208655497969635

The court updated yesterday to Victoria's calendar

Training at the Swedish Armed Forces
February 23
March 16
March 30
April 20

Svensk Damtidning's royal expert commentator, author Herman Lindqvist says that Victoria's education in the Armed Forces is not an unusual decision for a future queen, queen Kristina could shoot, ride and hunt. Victoria will one day become the Head of State and all Swedish royal Heads of State have had military training. The idea is that they will be in the leadership if there is a war. Before king Carl Gustaf, the king was also the commander-in-chief. Victoria already has a long military education, she has visited Swedish soldiers abroad and she knows all branches of military service. She is also very interested in this. Therefore, it is obvious to her that she should have information about the latest situation. And it also interests her personally.
Sanningen om kronprinsessan Victorias livsförändring – utan familjen _*Svensk Dam

Victoria had yesterday her third day of training at the Armed Forces' Headquarters.

Victoria had today her fourth day of training at the Armed Forces' Headquarters.

Victoria has today her fifth day of training at the Armed Forces' Headquarters.

Earlier in August, Victoria participated in the Solbacka course. The Solbacka course is part of the training series within the Armed Forces that Victoria is undertaking in 2022 with the aim of increasing her knowledge and understanding of the Armed Forces' tasks and operations at a strategic, operational and higher tactical level.
The Solbacka course, arranged by the Swedish Defence University on behalf of the Swedish Armed Forces and the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB), is a week long and is primarily aimed at senior executives in authorities, municipalities and business. The aim of the course is to strengthen the participants' understanding of Sweden's security policy, crisis preparedness and total defence.
Around 40 people participated in the course, as well as the Supreme Commander of the Swedish Armed Forces, Micael Bydén and the Director General of MSB, Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, who are part of the course management.
Kronprinsessan deltog i Solbackakursen _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Victoria had today her sixth day of training in 2022 about the Armed Forces' operations at Marinstaben (Navy Staff).

The Swedish Navy published today at its Instagram photos of Victoria's sixth training day at the Armed Forces on Tuesday.
"On Tuesday, H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria visited Muskö. The purpose of the visit was to learn about the Navy's activities, the development of Muskö and the establishment of the Naval Staff on the island. During the visit, the Crown Princess got to visit Musköberget. The Crown Princess also met the Maritime Information Agendy to see how they work, as well as talk to the employees there to gain a better understanding of the constant maritime surveillance they carry out. - Photo: Maja Hansson/The Swedish Armed Forces"
https://gramhir.com/media/2928698433938177773

At the photos we see Victoria pose with rear admiral Ewa Skoog Haslum, the Chief of Navy. She was Victoria's aide-de-camp 2010-2017.
Victoria had with her Lieutenant General Jan Salestrand, the Chief of H.M.The King's Military Staff. And her aide-de-camp and Marshal of the Court Lena Bartholdson.

Last edited:
Victoria had today her seventh day of training in 2022 about the Armed Forces' operations in Enköping.

Victoria had today her eighth day of training in 2022 about the Armed Forces' operations in Uppsala.

Victoria had today her eighth day of training in 2022 about the Armed Forces' operations in Uppsala.

The Swedish Air Force (Flygvapnet) published two photos at its Facebook about Victoria's training on 30th November:
"The Crown Princess trained at the Air Force
On the last of November, HRH Crown Princess Victoria visited the Air Force in Uppsala, as part of her training to increase her knowledge and understanding of the tasks of the Armed Forces.
​HRH Crown Princess Victoria completes her training with the Armed Forces during the fall and spring. She visits all defence branches and combat forces to gain a greater understanding of the work at a strategic, operational and higher tactical level.
On November 30, it was the Air Force's turn to receive a visit from the Crown Princess. She was accompanied through the visit by, among others, the head of the air force, Major General Carl-Johan Edström.
The Crown Princess was well-read and showed great commitment​​ and asked wise and interesting questions during her visit to Uppsala. Questions concerning the development of the Armed Forces in the future and space."
https://i.postimg.cc/y8ByDm4J/AA1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sXBpkKSL/AA2.jpg

At the website of the Swedish Armed Forces

This week, Crown Princess Victoria completed her training with the Armed Forces, which took place in 2022 and 2023. It has given her a deeper understanding of both the Armed Forces' strategic and operational activities, as well as Sweden's security policy and total defence. The program has covered around 50 hours with a mixture of lectures and discussions. Most of the time has been spent at Headquarters, but program has also involved training at the three defense branch staffs.
- We thank the Crown Princess for trusting us to implement this deepening of our operations together, says Major General Johan Pekkari, head of the strategy unit at the Defence Staff, who has been responsible for the training program.
As the heir to the throne, the Crown Princess continues to train in the field of defence.
https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/Image...u1wudqiy2mum/kronprinsessan_27_apr_2023-4.jpg
https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/Image...1engisl7yapn/kronprinsessan_27_apr_2023-3.jpg
Kronprinsessan klar med försvarsmaktsutbildning - Försvarsmakten

Victoria's last training day was April 27.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom