Crown Princess Victoria's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

Mary Anne

25 APRIL 2002 Already well-versed in the field, Princess Victoria of Sweden is further enhancing her knowledge of global affairs by enrolling at the University of Uppsala to study international relations with a focus on democracy, peace and development. It seems her father King Carl XVI Gustav has advised the 24-year-old royal to take the course, a fundamental step for the post she’ll one day occupy as the nation’s queen. “I’ve never had an interest in this type of material,” says Victoria, “but it is absolutely necessary for my preparation as future head of state.” The princess heads to the historic university daily to sit alongside 30 other students from Europe, Africa and South America in Professor Peter Wallensten’s Peace and Conflict Resolution class. The £4,600 course, consisting of intensive research and analysis, won’t lead to any type of degree, but is a logical step for the princess. She already has stints with the United Nations and the Swedish Ministry of Defence under her belt, and just recently returned from a tour of Uganda through the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency. While she studies the global scene, Victoria’s upcoming official duties are much closer to home. On April 28, she’ll inaugurate the Dunkers house of culture in Helsinborg, and she’s expected to attend the wedding of Princess Martha Louise of Norway in May. And the second week of June, the princess will be an integral part of celebrations as the city of Stockholm celebrates it’s 750th anniversary.

Victoria's education as a future queen

source from Nyheter - Expressen.se - Sveriges bästa nyhetssajt!

expresssen has written down what has been a part of Victorias Queen school.

Victorias drottningskola (Victoria's Queen School)

Kurs 1 - 1996/ 1997:
Studier i franska vid Centre International dÉtudes Françaises, Université Catholique de lOuest i Angers, Frankrike.
Studies in French at Centre International dÉtudes Françaises, Université Catholique de lOuest in Angers, France

Kurs 2 - 1997:
Victoria följer arbetet i riksdag och regering.
Following the work in parliament and cabinet

Kurs 3 - 1998:
Victoria påbörjar studier vid Yale University i USA. Hon deltar i kurser i statskunskap och historia till och med vårterminen 2002 då hon återvänder till Sverige.
Starting studies at Yale. Participating in political science courses and history, until spring 2002 when returning to Sweden.

Kurs 4-1999:
Praktik vid Sveriges ambassad i Washington.
Practical experience at the Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC.

Kurs 5-2000:
Praktik vid FN i New York.
Practical experience at the UN in New York.

Kurs 6-2000:
Studier i konfliktlösning och internationell fredsfrämjande verksamhet.
Studies in conflict solution and international peace-encouraging affairs.

Kurs 7-2001:
Victoria studerar Sveriges ordförandeskap i EU samt praktiserar i regeringskansliet.
Studies of Sweden's chairmanship in EU and practical experience in the cabinet.

Kurs 8-2002:
Studieprogram på Sida. Besök i Bosnien och Kosovo. Under hösten praktik vid Sveriges exportråd i Berlin och i Paris.
Study program at Sida. Visit to Bosnia, Kosovo. Fall: practical experience at Sweden's export council in Berlin & Paris

Kurs 9-2003:
Militär utbildning pågår.
Military education is currently happening.
Kurs 10-2003:
I vår ska Victoria studera jordbruksfrågor i regi av LRF och bankfrågor i regi av SEB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria's graduation from high school

you are a great asset to the Forum...

Thanks Josefine! I really like this forum and I´ll do whatever I can to help!

Isn´t this picture lovely! My own graduation is just a month away and I hope it will be as much fun as it seems to be in this picture :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 941
Are you from Sweden, Yennie? ... Maybe you could answer a question for me. I noticed that in the pictures of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeline graduating they are always wearing what we North Americans think of as white sailor caps. (Maybe they have a different, official name in Sweden?) What is the tradition behind this?

Yes I´m from Sweden...

I dont know exactly why the students wears the white caps..
but its a tradition. When you graduates from gymnasiet (like high school) you wear white clothes and this white cap.
You run out from your school and your family are waiting for you holding a poster with a picture of you as a baby ( VERY embarassing :rolleyes: )

like the one that the king holds in thís picture...

Attachments

• graduation.jpg
    graduation.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2,584
Haven´t she had more duties since she left school
and her duties know is one part of her Queen School.....

Yes she has had many duties since she left school. And my guess is that if she hadn´t had her eating disorder she might have done alot more.
She was in USA for 3 years and during those years she didnt do that many official apperances.

But now she seems to work alot! And she´s studying at the same time... What a superwoman =)

Attachments

• Davos.jpg
    Davos.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,349
A part of Victorias Queen school she visits different Swedish companies.
This week it will be three companies.

www.expressen.se

Victoria gullade med lyckliga grisar

Kronprinsessan Victoria är mitt uppe i en praktikperiod inom svenskt jord- och skogsbruk. På torsdagen plogade och harvade hon och gullade med lyckliga grisar.

Lantbrukarnas Riksförbund, LRF, har lagt upp ett studieprogram för Victoria som varar halvannan vecka. Enligt hovet är praktiken en bit på vägen för att nå ''en komplett bild av det svenska samhället''.
På torsdagsmorgonen anlände Victoria till lantbrukaren Magnus Börjesons mönstergård Högåsa på Östgötaslätten utanför Linköping. Han odlar spannmål och föder upp grisar, allt kravmärkt. Kronprinsessan var mycket vetgirig, intygade bonden och hans snart 12-åriga dotter Josefin fyllde i:
- Hon var mest nyfiken på djuren, speciellt grisarna.

Lyckodag
Josefin, som hängde med Victoria hela dagen, hade ett visst tryck på sig; kompisarna i fotbollslaget hade bett henne fråga om inte Victoria kunde bli deras sponsor och andra i närheten ville ha autografer.
- Men hon skriver inga, sade Josefin glatt ändå efter en oförglömlig dag.
Även för den blivande statschefen blev timmarna på Högåsa gård minnesvärda. I jeans, ledig tröja och träningsskor äntrade hon skördetröska och traktorer med plog och harv. Övningskörningen i åkern var till stor belåtenhet för den inkallade presskåren och kameror från lokala och nationella medier gick varma.

Förståelse
- Det är intressant att se hur mekaniskt och tekniskt allt är, sade Victoria och berättade att hon under besöket diskuterat butikspriser, internationellt jordbruk och jämfört det svenska lantbruket före och efter EU-inträdet.
Var är bra och dåligt för Sverige med EU:s jordbrukspolitik?
- Det är i alla fall något som inte jag ska svara på, bemötte Victoria.
- Men det var intressant att få prata om det. Jag får se bredden och får en annan förståelse för Sveriges jordbruk.

Flydde
Magnus Börjeson föder upp ett 1000-tal grisar varje år. De får gå ute i stora beteshagar med naturliga gyttjebad och beskrivs som lyckliga.
I det att gårdens anställda skulle fösa ihop grisarna - för att arrangera en bra bild med kronprinsessan - smet en utbrytargrupp in i svinstallet.
- De flyr pressen, konstaterade hovets informationschef Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, med ett skratt.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,358
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,291
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 405
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 421
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 592
Thanks Josephine for posting the expressen-pics. Great mixture: Victoria as elegant bridesmaid before and now as countrygirl ;) And the little cat is sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :heart:

Originally posted by thissal@Jun 13th, 2003 - 3:59 am
That has to be a PR coup, Crown Princess Victoria rooting with the pigs.    :unsure:  :blink:
Its a part of her Queen school

This summer she will learn about agriculture, mostly about Swedish but some about European…

Attachments

• SW_victoria_510rr.jpg
    SW_victoria_510rr.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,259
  • SW_victoria_510x.jpg
    SW_victoria_510x.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,203
  • SW_victoria_510u.jpg
    SW_victoria_510u.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,219
  • SW_victoria_510tt.jpg
    SW_victoria_510tt.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,211
  • SW_victoria_510o.jpg
    SW_victoria_510o.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,317
some more..

# 2

# 3

Attachments

• gfhgfg.jpg
    gfhgfg.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • hgjhgjhkj.jpg
    hgjhgjhkj.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,308
  • Untitled_TrueColor_03.jpg
    Untitled_TrueColor_03.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 532
CP Victoria seems very down to earth, I just assumed she had middle class friends as well as upperclass/nobility/royal friends. Does she?

She went to a normal, public school when she was little so I´m sure she met some "normal" kids there, but she went to a really posh and "upperclass" high school.
I´m sure she knows some average Swedish citizens though, Mr Westling for example ;),

but most of her friends are upper class. One of her best friends, Caroline Kreuger, is worth 300 million swedish crowns... Not bad for a 26 year old ;)

Crown Princess Victoria's Course with the UNDP in Copenhagen: 2003

Victoria arriving at the UN-headquarter in Danmark.
Very casual style, nothing new. But the smile looks in a way different (new lipstick?)

Attachments

• dan.jpeg
    dan.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 735
  • dan2.jpeg
    dan2.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 734
  • dan4.jpeg
    dan4.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 756
  • da1.jpeg
    da1.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 335
  • da2.jpeg
    da2.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 398
  • da3.jpeg
    da3.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 365
  • da4.jpeg
    da4.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 398
  • da4.jpeg
    da4.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 403
  • da6.jpeg
    da6.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 373
  • da11.jpeg
    da11.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 315
Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 9:51 am
But the smile looks in a way different (new lipstick?)
To have won a round against the German magazines is a confidence booster, and this is imo what we're seeing here. A joyful smile, a relaxed smile (a smile of a person who likes? to share herself with the public?).

you´re right, she does look happy. maybe its because of the "love trip" and the story with the german tabloids =)

do you think she stays with the dansih royal family when she is in Danmark?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 376
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 331
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 328
that **** is hideous... and the hair oh gosh she needs a new style,yes? maybesome contacts

I agree a little bit with Sexyswede (but my view of the outfit isn´t so "harsh")...I mean the dress is cute, but I would also prefer that she would use contacts (if she always need an eye correction) at galas. I´m not against glasses (I´m shortsighted...not very high diopters, so I need glasses, but just for reading, watching TV...and I also dislike contacts). But I would say that there are less people, which look good with glasses and an evening dress! And IMO Victoria is not such a person!
And yes, the ponytail..what should I say...I´ve talked so often about this :rolleyes:

And judging the pics above (yes, I know, that we can´t really judge, just guess): Do you think that Mary D. and cp Victoria like each other?

Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden seen here arriving at the UN headquarters in Copenhagen Denmark today. The Crown Princess will attend a two day course before leaving for a big meeting with the UN organization UNDP (United Nations Development Program) in Cairo Egypt, starting on November 19. Tomorrow Thursday evening the Crown Princess will fly from Copenhagen to Madrid to attend a Spanish-Swedish trade dinner with, among others, Crown Prince Felipe of Spain. And Crown Princess Victoria will fly direclty from Madrid to Cairo.

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 377
  • 13_UN_Victoria_2.jpg
    13_UN_Victoria_2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 13_Victoria_UN_5.jpg
    13_Victoria_UN_5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 336
Josefine  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 4:13 pm
colourpress.com

What happened to the top of Victoria's outfit ... looks to me like half the tufting is missing. ;)

Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 5:05 pm
And judging the pics above (yes, I know, that we can´t really judge, just guess): Do you think that Mary D. and cp Victoria like each other?

Seems to me Mary is in uncharted waters ...... its very deep all around, and the life-line is so used to this type of thing.

Victoria is ..... an itsy bitsy little bit reserved. Am I reading this right ?

Lena  Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 5:02 pm

... But I would say that there are less people, which look good with glasses and an evening dress! And IMO Victoria is not such a person!
And yes, the ponytail..what should I say...I´ve talked so often about this

I tend to agree in part with both Sexyswede and Lena with Victoria's outfit. It seems to have missed the mark .. is this deliberate to let Mary shine ? Or is Victoria pooped with all the travelling, and this is a place where she can get away with it a little bti ?

What's the matter with the pony-tail .... it exposes her lovely neck. Maybe she wants to feel a bit vulnerable .. maybe she's a bit envious of the pending couple thing between Mary and Fred.

Back
Top Bottom