The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Commoner

Thanks for the translation-help and the additional information, Grand Duchess!

A person who helps you to organize your studies is fantastic ... in the beginning of the studies you don't have the farsightedness to do the right things for yourself, your career.

An institution with advisors in special subjects would be great, especially here in Germany ...

Viktoria, Madeleine and Carl-Philip can count themselves lucky to have assistance and support in the organization of their professional career.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola-Theresa
Thanks for the translation-help and the additional information, Grand Duchess!

A person who helps you to organize your studies is fantastic ... in the beginning of the studies you don't have the farsightedness to do the right things for yourself, your career.

An institution with advisors in special subjects would be great, especially here in Germany ...

Viktoria, Madeleine and Carl-Philip can count themselves lucky to have assistance and support in the organization of their professional career.
Oh yes, a kingdom for an assistant doing all this organisation stuff Well, Lena is dreaming. Soon a new study year with angry secretaries and office times a la "twice a week from 9am-10am" will start :(

I must say this press release is quite "spongy"...it can mean everything. As we have seen in the past, we don´t get to hear very much about Victoria´s studies. E.g. her course at the defence college was planned for the the autumn-term 2004...then she said, that it takes a lot of time and it was reported in spring 2005, that she´s still studying there.
It´s also strange, that the court doesn´t tell, where she will go abroad.
I even have to believe/assume, that Victoria is more planning AN engagement than studying and doing engagements :p

BTW this Louise Dinkelspiel (who is probably related to Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends Peder and Caroline Dinkelspiel) lives in the same street as Daniel

Old 08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

ah, interesting! Nice to hear that she will be able to study. Even if its bad for us, we wont see her as much, it must be fun for her to follow such a programme like that.

Seems like the teachers at Enskilda Gymnasiet is very popular among the rf. First Lena Ramel and now Louise Dinkelspiel.
I think they both were form master(?) for Victoria/Madeleine when they was in high school.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:43 AM
Majesty

they say in the press relise kungliga ungdommarna but not kungabarnen as they did before
Old 08-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
they say in the press relise kungliga ungdommarna but not kungabarnen as they did before
Wow, so they grew up (to youngsters) over night Well, with 28,26 and 23 it´s about time.

The more I think about the press release, the more I wonder, what "social studies" actually mean. I think Victoria hasn´t volunteered so far in ministries on social affairs and health issues. So this would make sense. But why can´t they mention this in the press release (?)
Old 08-31-2005, 04:27 AM
Majesty

wonder what travels she will do
Old 08-31-2005, 05:54 AM
Commoner

Maybe the studies are similar to Mette-Marit's studies during her time in London.
Victoria was in the US during the summer (for vacation), so maybe she checked some locations with Daniel ... I read that Daniel has to improve his English ...
Mette-Marit and Haakon also spent some time in London to do their studies, maybe Viktoria and Daniel will also take some time abroad together.

But these are all specs, we will see ... but it would be nice to hear more about her studies, this can be a motivation for young people to do more for their education and social work ...
Old 08-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Majesty

i would love to see her travel to south amerika maybe to brazil
Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of an Aftonbladet artice

Aftonbladet has an article today about Crown Princess Victoria’s education and grooming to become Sweden’s next monarch, and the first Bernadotte Queen Regnant.

According to a comment from Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, Court Marshall for H.R.H. The Crown Princess’ Household, the number of invitations and claims to get some of Victoria’s time is increasing an nearing the number that the King gets.

Apart from her stint in China studies, which was finished off with the official trip to China, Victoria has apparently studied a few courses in international cooperation and crisis management at The Swedish National Defence College.

The coming month, Victoria will herself study Sweden’s form of government, and the Speaker of the Parliament, Mr. Björn von Sydow, will be her guide.

- The Crown Princess is also very interested in history, and in that department some things will be filled in. The studies will be managed privately and she will read the literature she can manage with between the official engagements, says Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg

Aftonbladet points out that Victoria will be the first female Head of State since the change of the constitution, and the Victoria is something of an “equality pioneer”, but that despite that – she hasn’t had any feminist education. Tarras-Wahlberg comments:
- She takes part of the public debate. But it’s a given that women and men have the same rights. It is not an issue that touches her future as Queen.

The original & full article can be read here
Old 12-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Majesty

what do you think is next in victorias queen school
Old 12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
what do you think is next in victorias queen school
marriage maybe?

btw, I love her periwinkle flower earrings. very lovely. and she's done her hair well too. very elegant.

but those glasses....
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Majesty

i do not think we will see a engagment this sppring or before the summer
and a marrige is that a part of a queen school

maybe a few more official visits abroad with a economic theme for her during spring
Old 02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its so very quiet on the Victoria front theese days, since new year and including this week she has only had nine engagements and that includes two christenings which is more like personal pleassure than work. Its really very little, even if she does some social and society studies, its not like she has any exams she has to do, any children to take care of, weddings to plan (sighs). Wonder what she is up to....
Old 02-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Courtier

Working out in the gym or than usual perhaps? Or Victoria may be skiing?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Its so very quiet on the Victoria front theese days, since new year and including this week she has only had nine engagements and that includes two christenings which is more like personal pleassure than work. Its really very little, even if she does some social and society studies, its not like she has any exams she has to do, any children to take care of, weddings to plan (sighs). Wonder what she is up to....
What's the other christening besides the norweagan? I think Victoria is one of the most hardworking royals. She is always making news about this even or that.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
What's the other christening besides the norweagan? I think Victoria is one of the most hardworking royals. She is always making news about this even or that.
She went to the christening of Prince Christian of Denmark.

She has been one of the most hardworking royals, that I can agree too. But however, since she's been cutting down on her official engagements for these "social and society studies" (which we don't know much about, like what they consist of, how she studies, with whom etc), she hasn't been out and about much. I hope this will change, I want to see her back to being the busy royal she used to be. I guess she will when these studies are over, but we don't know when that is...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Oh for heavens sake! Give the girl a break! She is ONLY 28!!! She is still young and has PLENTY of time to have a child when and if she is ready.
Now a days, women are having children with no problems to either themselves or the baby into their late 40's. So she has plenty of time. I would rather see her wait and take her time, hope she gets all her "playing and traveling" out of her system BEFORE she settles down with a spouse and a child. I would hate to see her end up with a marriage and a life like Diana, just because people wanted her to marry and have a child "before" a certain age!!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Oh for heavens sake! Give the girl a break! She is ONLY 28!!! She is still young and has PLENTY of time to have a child when and if she is ready.
Now a days, women are having children with no problems to either themselves or the baby into their late 40's. So she has plenty of time. I would rather see her wait and take her time, hope she gets all her "playing and traveling" out of her system BEFORE she settles down with a spouse and a child. I would hate to see her end up with a marriage and a life like Diana, just because people wanted her to marry and have a child "before" a certain age!!
While I also see, that 28 year old Victoria has "PLENTY" of time, I can´t understand, how one can come with the argument, that women today can still have children in their late 40ties!?
The decision, when to have a child is up to everyone, but one should be at least aware of the medical and social risks.
The risks of malformation and chromosomal disorders are growing with age. And for that medicine has no solution at the moment. It´s also evident, that fertility decreases up from ~25. Lurid tabloid articles on 60 year old women becoming mothers don´t reflect the reality. They neither tell how middle aged women try in vain to become mothers, nor they tell about the stress, when one has to deal with hormone treatment and IV. And they also don´t deal with the social problem. Who wants to have as high school student a mother, who is a case for the geriatric medicine? Or one, who has problems to do outdoor activities with the children?
I know of course, that also younger women can have problems with fertility, can get ill, die or get handicapped children, but the risk is growing enormously with age. Some know this and are ready for all kind of problems. But some women seem to me as if they would just follow the current trend of waiting and as if they would think getting the children at 44 is the same as if you would be 20. And these women are the reason, why I don´t like this trend and how it´s propagandised of some celebs and media.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
She went to the christening of Prince Christian of Denmark.

She has been one of the most hardworking royals, that I can agree too. But however, since she's been cutting down on her official engagements for these "social and society studies" (which we don't know much about, like what they consist of, how she studies, with whom etc), she hasn't been out and about much. I hope this will change, I want to see her back to being the busy royal she used to be. I guess she will when these studies are over, but we don't know when that is...
Daniel´s gym opens on the 7th of March...I guess then slowly the "social studies" are over...must be fun to plan a new gym with the boyfriend :p
Nooooo, this was mean. We don´t know, what she really does...and she had "gap times" before, e.g. when she studied at Yale, or she had times, when she hadn´t performed many duties...e.g when she did traineeships in Berlin and Paris. But usually we got then always some kind of informations through the court or the newspapers. Something, which I really miss in this case...and which makes it so suspicious
Old 03-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you Lena, this is a little wierd. Usually there is information of what she studies, when and where and so on... but now: nothing.

I think she should be able to study just like any other young person in Sweden, but she is after all our crown princess and in a way we are her employer so some information isn´t to much to ask for imo

Tags
crown princess victoria, education, university