Crown Princess Victoria's Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bullies?

Does anyone know if Bernadotte ever got into fights in school?????? I read somewhere that she used to get bullied in school - kids would make fun of her because she couldn't read that well - If she really got bullied then she must've defended herself somehow

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Does anyone know if Bernadotte ever got into fights in school?????? I read somewhere that she used to get bullied in school - kids would make fun of her because she couldn't read that well - If she really got bullied then she must've defended herself somehow

Why do you refer to them as Bernadotte and Westling? Do you have an aversion to addressing them by their first names or their titles? :confused: We're not on a sports team here to be calling each other by our last names. :rolleyes:

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Dont think she did. Both because of her personality and also because she had bodyguards with her all the time. I dont think they would have let her get into a fight :)

And she never said she was bullied in a physical way, it was "just" a in a name calling way. Dont get me wrong, bullying is never ok, but Victoria said something like this when asked if she ever had been bullied:
Nej inte direkt, men även jag har väl hört ett och annat / No not really. But me to has sometimes heard mean things. ( haha, hard one to translate!)
(and I couldn´t find the article so the source is the Yennie-memory :) )

Genevieve said:
Why do you refer to them as Bernadotte and Westling? Do you have an aversion to addressing them by their first names or their titles? :confused: We're not on a sports team here to be calling each other by our last names. :rolleyes:

I CAN REFER TO PEOPLE HOWEVER I WANT YOU DON'T CONTROL ME. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN THATS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
I CAN REFER TO PEOPLE HOWEVER I WANT YOU DON'T CONTROL ME. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN THATS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.

Please cool down, The O.C. Fanatic. No one wants to control you. This was just a question/comment (well, maybe the part about the sport team wasn´t necessary). It´s just, that it can really get a bit confusing, when you call the crown princess "Bernadotte"-the whole family is called "Bernadotte", so how should we know, who is meant?
If you want a dialogue with other people please respect them, then you are also respected.
Forum guidelines:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

Lena (as Super moderator)

Last edited:
Bullied

Yes, Crown Princess Victoria was bullied at school. Not in a physical way but she was made fun of. She spoke of her experience in August or September 2002.

mixer2002de said:
maybe a marriage training?

How does marriage training look, Mixer? Drilling the children, who have to carry the train? ;)
But I must say, when I would be a crown princess and when I would marry, then I would also try to keep the schedule between engagement and wedding as low as possible.
Just imagine you could choose the most exclusive designers for your dress, you chould choose thousands (when not millions) of flowers, you could choose the menu, the wedding cake, your hairdo and make-up, the styles for the pages, flower girls and bridesmaids (of course themselves too), you could choose with the reverend the readings, you could choose the music, you could choose where to go for honeymoon and what do there and so on. And the most important thing: you don´t have to care for the budget. *siiiigggghhhhh* wouldn´t this be great. I guess I would be busy with planning the whole 8 months :D

what do you think she will do this fall
the last years she has had a theme each fall or spring

Autumn/winter 2005

I think she will continue with her official engagements.

A press release by the Royal Court today says that Crown Princess Victoria will devote this autumn to more studies, mainly in the social studies sector. The studies will be conducted both in Sweden and abroad, and they aim to give the Crown Princess more deeper insights in subjects important to her as the Heir to the Throne. The press release says that these studies will mean that she will have to cut back on her public appearances.

Louise Dinkelspiel has been hired as the Crown Princess’ study supervisor or guide; she is a subject teacher in English and French and has been a teacher at Enskilda Gymnasiet (Victoria’s old school) in Stockholm for many years. Her foremost task will be to plan the Crown Princess coming studies.

The press release (in Swedish) can be found here.

Is there any information about the universities she will go to? Maybe the United Stated?

I don't speak swedish, in the press release is something written about Madeleine and Carl-Philip ... can someone please translate it? Thanks a lot!

Viola-Theresa said:
Is there any information about the universities she will go to? Maybe the United Stated?

I don't speak swedish, in the press release is something written about Madeleine and Carl-Philip ... can someone please translate it? Thanks a lot!
I don't think they mean academic studies, but the kind of studies she has been doing since she came back to Sweden after Yale - having study programmes set up, taking stints with organisations, state connected things etc.

The press release just states that Lena Ramel will continue as the study guide for Prince Carl Philip and mentor for Princess Madeleine.

Thanks for the translation-help and the additional information, Grand Duchess!

A person who helps you to organize your studies is fantastic ... in the beginning of the studies you don't have the farsightedness to do the right things for yourself, your career.

An institution with advisors in special subjects would be great, especially here in Germany ...

Viktoria, Madeleine and Carl-Philip can count themselves lucky to have assistance and support in the organization of their professional career.

Viola-Theresa said:
Thanks for the translation-help and the additional information, Grand Duchess!

A person who helps you to organize your studies is fantastic ... in the beginning of the studies you don't have the farsightedness to do the right things for yourself, your career.

An institution with advisors in special subjects would be great, especially here in Germany ...

Viktoria, Madeleine and Carl-Philip can count themselves lucky to have assistance and support in the organization of their professional career.

Oh yes, a kingdom for an assistant doing all this organisation stuff :rolleyes: Well, Lena is dreaming. Soon a new study year with angry secretaries and office times a la "twice a week from 9am-10am" will start :(

I must say this press release is quite "spongy"...it can mean everything. As we have seen in the past, we don´t get to hear very much about Victoria´s studies. E.g. her course at the defence college was planned for the the autumn-term 2004...then she said, that it takes a lot of time and it was reported in spring 2005, that she´s still studying there.
It´s also strange, that the court doesn´t tell, where she will go abroad.
I even have to believe/assume, that Victoria is more planning AN engagement than studying and doing engagements :p

BTW this Louise Dinkelspiel (who is probably related to Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends Peder and Caroline Dinkelspiel) lives in the same street as Daniel ;)

Last edited:
ah, interesting! Nice to hear that she will be able to study. Even if its bad for us, we wont see her as much, it must be fun for her to follow such a programme like that.

Seems like the teachers at Enskilda Gymnasiet is very popular among the rf. First Lena Ramel and now Louise Dinkelspiel.
I think they both were form master(?) for Victoria/Madeleine when they was in high school.

they say in the press relise kungliga ungdommarna but not kungabarnen as they did before

Josefine said:
they say in the press relise kungliga ungdommarna but not kungabarnen as they did before

Wow, so they grew up (to youngsters) over night :D Well, with 28,26 and 23 it´s about time.

The more I think about the press release, the more I wonder, what "social studies" actually mean. I think Victoria hasn´t volunteered so far in ministries on social affairs and health issues. So this would make sense. But why can´t they mention this in the press release (?)

Maybe the studies are similar to Mette-Marit's studies during her time in London.
Victoria was in the US during the summer (for vacation), so maybe she checked some locations with Daniel ... I read that Daniel has to improve his English ...
Mette-Marit and Haakon also spent some time in London to do their studies, maybe Viktoria and Daniel will also take some time abroad together.

But these are all specs, we will see ... but it would be nice to hear more about her studies, this can be a motivation for young people to do more for their education and social work ...

i would love to see her travel to south amerika maybe to brazil

Summary of an Aftonbladet artice

Aftonbladet has an article today about Crown Princess Victoria’s education and grooming to become Sweden’s next monarch, and the first Bernadotte Queen Regnant.

According to a comment from Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, Court Marshall for H.R.H. The Crown Princess’ Household, the number of invitations and claims to get some of Victoria’s time is increasing an nearing the number that the King gets.

Apart from her stint in China studies, which was finished off with the official trip to China, Victoria has apparently studied a few courses in international cooperation and crisis management at The Swedish National Defence College.

The coming month, Victoria will herself study Sweden’s form of government, and the Speaker of the Parliament, Mr. Björn von Sydow, will be her guide.

- The Crown Princess is also very interested in history, and in that department some things will be filled in. The studies will be managed privately and she will read the literature she can manage with between the official engagements, says Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg

Aftonbladet points out that Victoria will be the first female Head of State since the change of the constitution, and the Victoria is something of an “equality pioneer”, but that despite that – she hasn’t had any feminist education. Tarras-Wahlberg comments:
- She takes part of the public debate. But it’s a given that women and men have the same rights. It is not an issue that touches her future as Queen.

The original & full article can be read here

Josefine said:
what do you think is next in victorias queen school

marriage maybe?

btw, I love her periwinkle flower earrings. very lovely. and she's done her hair well too. very elegant.

but those glasses....:mad:

i do not think we will see a engagment this sppring or before the summer
and a marrige is that a part of a queen school

maybe a few more official visits abroad with a economic theme for her during spring

Its so very quiet on the Victoria front theese days, since new year and including this week she has only had nine engagements and that includes two christenings which is more like personal pleassure than work. Its really very little, even if she does some social and society studies, its not like she has any exams she has to do, any children to take care of, weddings to plan (sighs). Wonder what she is up to....

Back
Top Bottom