The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

From the Crown Princess' visit to the International Master’s Programme ”Strategic Leadership Towards Sustainable Development” at Blekinge Tekniska Högskola in Karlskrona today:

http://www.bth.se/start.nsf/kronprin...nImageResource

KRONPRINSESSAN VICTORIA BESÖKTE BTH

Kronprinsessan var på fredagen på besök för att följa dagens föreläsningar i det internationella magisterprogrammet Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability, ett område som Kronprinsessan har ett personligt intresse i. Den celebra studenten och Blekinges landshövding välkomnades på Campus Gräsvik av rektor Lars Haikola.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the picture, GrandDuchess...I haven´t thought that we would get any pictures from this study-visit.
Now I´m wiping off a teardrop of emotion : Victoria isn´t wearing a ponytail! And I like this jacket...I know she has worn it before, but then only in private. So I´m happy that she also wears it to an official duty. Because to me it often seems as if Victoria would have taste in evening gowns (some slips don´t count) and taste, when she´s out in private, but her daily business style is often some sort of dull and boring.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

More pics from Karlskrona:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vic1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	39530   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	39531   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic3.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	39532   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic4.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	39533  

Old 05-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Bullies?

Does anyone know if Bernadotte ever got into fights in school?????? I read somewhere that she used to get bullied in school - kids would make fun of her because she couldn't read that well - If she really got bullied then she must've defended herself somehow
Old 05-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
Does anyone know if Bernadotte ever got into fights in school?????? I read somewhere that she used to get bullied in school - kids would make fun of her because she couldn't read that well - If she really got bullied then she must've defended herself somehow
Why do you refer to them as Bernadotte and Westling? Do you have an aversion to addressing them by their first names or their titles? We're not on a sports team here to be calling each other by our last names.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Dont think she did. Both because of her personality and also because she had bodyguards with her all the time. I dont think they would have let her get into a fight :)

And she never said she was bullied in a physical way, it was "just" a in a name calling way. Dont get me wrong, bullying is never ok, but Victoria said something like this when asked if she ever had been bullied:
Nej inte direkt, men även jag har väl hört ett och annat / No not really. But me to has sometimes heard mean things. ( haha, hard one to translate!)
(and I couldn´t find the article so the source is the Yennie-memory :) )
Old 05-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Why do you refer to them as Bernadotte and Westling? Do you have an aversion to addressing them by their first names or their titles? We're not on a sports team here to be calling each other by our last names.

I CAN REFER TO PEOPLE HOWEVER I WANT YOU DON'T CONTROL ME. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN THATS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I CAN REFER TO PEOPLE HOWEVER I WANT YOU DON'T CONTROL ME. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN THATS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE.
Please cool down, The O.C. Fanatic. No one wants to control you. This was just a question/comment (well, maybe the part about the sport team wasn´t necessary). It´s just, that it can really get a bit confusing, when you call the crown princess "Bernadotte"-the whole family is called "Bernadotte", so how should we know, who is meant?
If you want a dialogue with other people please respect them, then you are also respected.
Forum guidelines:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4920

Lena (as Super moderator)
Old 05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

so... vicky was bullied at school?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Thumbs down Bullied

Yes, Crown Princess Victoria was bullied at school. Not in a physical way but she was made fun of. She spoke of her experience in August or September 2002.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Majesty

wonder what queen training victoria will do this fall
Old 06-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Courtier

maybe a marriage training?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
maybe a marriage training?
How does marriage training look, Mixer? Drilling the children, who have to carry the train?
But I must say, when I would be a crown princess and when I would marry, then I would also try to keep the schedule between engagement and wedding as low as possible.
Just imagine you could choose the most exclusive designers for your dress, you chould choose thousands (when not millions) of flowers, you could choose the menu, the wedding cake, your hairdo and make-up, the styles for the pages, flower girls and bridesmaids (of course themselves too), you could choose with the reverend the readings, you could choose the music, you could choose where to go for honeymoon and what do there and so on. And the most important thing: you don´t have to care for the budget. *siiiigggghhhhh* wouldn´t this be great. I guess I would be busy with planning the whole 8 months
Old 08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Majesty

what do you think she will do this fall
the last years she has had a theme each fall or spring
Old 08-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Lightbulb Autumn/winter 2005

I think she will continue with her official engagements.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Maybe she has got the theme: Engagement
Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
I think she will continue with her official engagements.
i also think so but the last years there has been a theme
Old 08-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

A press release by the Royal Court today says that Crown Princess Victoria will devote this autumn to more studies, mainly in the social studies sector. The studies will be conducted both in Sweden and abroad, and they aim to give the Crown Princess more deeper insights in subjects important to her as the Heir to the Throne. The press release says that these studies will mean that she will have to cut back on her public appearances.

Louise Dinkelspiel has been hired as the Crown Princess’ study supervisor or guide; she is a subject teacher in English and French and has been a teacher at Enskilda Gymnasiet (Victoria’s old school) in Stockholm for many years. Her foremost task will be to plan the Crown Princess coming studies.

The press release (in Swedish) can be found here.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Commoner

Is there any information about the universities she will go to? Maybe the United Stated?

I don't speak swedish, in the press release is something written about Madeleine and Carl-Philip ... can someone please translate it? Thanks a lot!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola-Theresa
Is there any information about the universities she will go to? Maybe the United Stated?

I don't speak swedish, in the press release is something written about Madeleine and Carl-Philip ... can someone please translate it? Thanks a lot!
I don't think they mean academic studies, but the kind of studies she has been doing since she came back to Sweden after Yale - having study programmes set up, taking stints with organisations, state connected things etc.

The press release just states that Lena Ramel will continue as the study guide for Prince Carl Philip and mentor for Princess Madeleine.

Tags
crown princess victoria, education, university