Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2008-2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read from finnish newspaper Iltalehti, that Victoria had called Charlotte Kalla after the party. Charlotte had told to Expressen, that she had been very surprised, when she was handed a phone at the hotel Strand, and there was Victoria speaking. Charlotte told that Victoria had said to her that she and Daniel have had such a wonderful time on their trip. She sounded so happy, said Charlotte. Victoria had congratulated Charlotte and said that she was sorry she wasn´t there, but Victoria promised to hug Charlotte next time they see each other.

How come Queen Silvia wore a traditional costume and Madeleine doesn't?

Can somebody explain to me what actually happens on Victoria's birthday? The king and queen were both at Solliden talking to people and then they were at the concert. How does that work?

Can somebody explain to me what actually happens on Victoria's birthday? The king and queen were both at Solliden talking to people and then they were at the concert. How does that work?

I think that's basically what happens. From what I can gather, Victoria usually greets people with her parents in the morning at Solliden and then attends a concert in her honour. I think there may be a private evening celebration?

Since I haven't seen this posted yet.

kandisnytt.msn.se/index.cfm?objectid=88960

My parents were on the island of Oland camping that week but had to relocate since they were expecting people that had reserved places at the campingsite. The turnout was however one of the lowest ever since Victoria wasnt part of the show. There were around 1500-3000 people on the grounds, had she and Daniel taken part they estimated that there would be 10 000 people there.

They started the show with clips from Victoria from the first pictures to her saying "I want to thank the swedish people for giving me my prince" and then ending with the classic pictures of a girl asking her "Do you have a prince yet"

The most internationall known singer was Peter Joeback that has preformed in London.

When Carl-Philip gave the prize to Charlotte Kalla they interwied her for a bit and then the prince made what usually is called a coup: He took the microphone again and revealed that he had spoken to her sister before the show and she wanted everyone to know how much she missed beeing there and sent her love

The 34th Birthday - 14 July, 2011

HRH Crown Princess Victoria will celebrate her 34th birthday tomorrow, July 14th.

As stated in the Royal Calender:
The Crown Princess's birthday, Solliden Palace
Participants: Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel
Attendance at Victoria Day, Borgholm Sports Arena, Öland
Participants: King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine
:swedenflag::swedenflag::swedenflag::swedenflag::swedenflag:

The artists at the concert in Borgholm Sports Arena:
Andreas Johnson
Jessica Andersson
German/American violinist David Garrett
Eric Saade
Elin Rombo
Carola
Victoriadagen

Victoriastipendiet (The crown princess Victoria scholarship) will be given to the icehockey brothers Henrik and Daniel Sedin.

Is it a non-working holiday today in Sweden?

Thank you very much for those pics! I really love her expression while she's holding an umbrella, and so is Prince Daniel. CP Victoria is such a beautiful princess! Again, Happy Birthday to her! :rose:

Is it a non-working holiday today in Sweden?

No, but a great deal of Swedes have their summervacation currently(its mandatory in the workethicslaw to have a minimum of 3 weeks vacation in the summer) and Öland is always a touristparadise this time of year

SVT will air her birthday 21 - 22.30

lovely photos :)
thank you all for post them :flowers:

LadyFinn said:
You can watch now today´s celebrations here, it´s just begun and lasts 1 hour 30 minutes:
Grattis kronprinsessan | SVT Play

Thanks for the link! Pretty cool, even if I don't understand swedish!

Anyone know why Madeline isn't dressed like her mom or sister?? And was that Foppa in the audience?? Love him, hate what he did to Canada in '94 at the Olympics. Grrrrrr!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! Pretty cool, even if I don't understand swedish!

Anyone know why Madeline isn't dressed like her mom or sister??

Madeleine has never wore a national costume at Victoria´s birthday. Victoria and Silvia have Öland-costumes, maybe Madeleine hasn´t one.

Back
Top Bottom